Mad Season Limited 10" colored vinyl on RSD Black Friday

Talk about Pearl Jam related discography (Side Projects and Solo Projects..)

Re: Mad Season Limited 10" colored vinyl on RSD Black Friday

Postby wooshring » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:02 pm

RSD version is Red (confirmed)...10C just had a limited (1000) hand numbered version that is Blue (confirmed & SOLD OUT) & have heard that there is a purple version as well (can't confirm that)
wooshring

Postby norman-grunge » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 pm

wooshring wrote:RSD version is Red (confirmed)...10C just had a limited (1000) hand numbered version that is Blue (confirmed & SOLD OUT) & have heard that there is a purple version as well (can't confirm that)

I have seen a pic of the purple one too but can't find it and can't remember how I got it. :(
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby massimo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:10 am

Does anyone know if Mike signed both the versions?
massimo

Postby rival » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 pm

norman-grunge wrote:
wooshring wrote:RSD version is Red (confirmed)...10C just had a limited (1000) hand numbered version that is Blue (confirmed & SOLD OUT) & have heard that there is a purple version as well (can't confirm that)

I have seen a pic of the purple one too but can't find it and can't remember how I got it. :(

Is it possible the purple one is just the blue one in different lighting? Quite often we've seen someone post about a yellow vinyl and then someone posts about an orange vinyl and it turns out ot be the same run but shade is slightly off...If there's a purple one, the run can't be higher than 50. The "limited" status has already jumped from 2000 to 3000 with the current two versions. I doubt they'll go higher.

But that's just an uneducated guess.
rival

Postby demetrios » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:59 pm

rival wrote:
norman-grunge wrote:

Is it possible the purple one is just the blue one in different lighting? Quite often we've seen someone post about a yellow vinyl and then someone posts about an orange vinyl and it turns out ot be the same run but shade is slightly off...If there's a purple one, the run can't be higher than 50. The "limited" status has already jumped from 2000 to 3000 with the current two versions. I doubt they'll go higher.

But that's just an uneducated guess.

I saw it too that was posted on the message pit. There's a purple one. Friend of mine was given one directly from Mike McCready himself. :)
demetrios

Postby monkeewrench » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:37 pm

I can also confirm that the elusive PURPLE Mad Season 10" is real, saw one last night. It was dark so I couldn't exactly tell if the cover had a purple hue but the back didn't have any numbers written on them like the red RSD version. Had to be quick with the picture hence it is of "not the greatest" quality but you can tell it is indeed purple.

Larger image here: http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab25 ... Season.jpg
monkeewrench

Postby massimo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 am

nice! :o
massimo

Postby arq » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 pm

What's the story behind the purple version? Friends and family only?
arq

Postby monkeewrench » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:44 pm

arq wrote:What's the story behind the purple version? Friends and family only?

One can only assume so at this point, but I'm hoping for these to be busted out at the pop up shop this weekend. Fingers crossed.
monkeewrench

Postby arq » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:20 pm

monkeewrench wrote:
arq wrote:What's the story behind the purple version? Friends and family only?

One can only assume so at this point, but I'm hoping for these to be busted out at the pop up shop this weekend. Fingers crossed.

woah! very true!
arq

Postby demetrios » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:54 pm

monkeewrench, what's it numbered on the back? Ive seen two purple Mad Season vinyls already posted on Facebook and both were numbered 1. That's it.
demetrios

Postby monkeewrench » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:37 pm

demetrios wrote:monkeewrench, what's it numbered on the back? Ive seen two purple Mad Season vinyls already posted on Facebook and both were numbered 1. That's it.

Dang, now I wish I'd taken a picture of the back of that purple one too. It's interesting what you say and I'd love to see the pics you refer to. I have a sneaky suspicion that the number 1 you see is probably the "slash" that divides the numbers.

This was a common thing I heard people saying when the McCready/Star Anna 7" came out for the April RSD release because they were not numbered and only had this slash in the field (and I wish they were #'d because I don't believe for one second that they were limited to the quantity originally advertised - kinda like the Brad Welcome To Discover Park vinyl ;) ).

See this image for what I'm talking about. I may be wrong, but from the purple version that I saw, I recall (or think I recall) seeing just the slash on the back with no numbers, handwritten or otherwise, but I can understand why people think it's a "1".

With any luck I'll be able to acquire a purple one tomorrow at the 3rd Annual Poster convention and will be happy to post pictures galore if that dream comes true (along with an orange and blue fixer - also part of my dream/wish list :D ).

monkeewrench

Postby rival » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Is that Mike's signature beside the LTD number? If so, were they all signed? I just received one in the mail from someone who picked one up for me and it has this signature beside the number box. If it's not Mike's signature, who's is it?

p.s. My number is 1064...just 8 off the one pictured above.
rival

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:47 pm

rival wrote:Is that Mike's signature beside the LTD number? If so, were they all signed? I just received one in the mail from someone who picked one up for me and it has this signature beside the number box. If it's not Mike's signature, who's is it?

p.s. My number is 1064...just 8 off the one pictured above.

thats Mike Scott, and I believe a selection of them were signed
pdalowsky

Postby rival » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Here's mine along side my sisters boyfriend's (unsigned) copy...

http://twitpic.com/bjmvw1/full
Last edited by rival on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rival

PreviousNext

Return to Related Discography