PEARL JAM TWENTY KICKS OFF WITH WORLD PREMIERE AT THE 2011 T

Official 10C News and Goods Updates

PEARL JAM TWENTY KICKS OFF WITH WORLD PREMIERE AT THE 2011 T

Postby massimo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:24 am

In celebration of their 20th Anniversary, Pearl Jam will debut Pearl Jam Twenty, a definitive portrait of the band as told by Academy Award®-winning filmmaker and music journalist, Cameron Crowe, at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday September 10, 2011. Information on purchasing tickets, dates and times for the world premiere of Pearl Jam Twenty at the Toronto International Film festival, as well as two additional festival screenings of the film can be found at www.tiff.net.

Pearl Jam is set to release the documentary Pearl Jam Twenty worldwide on September 20th in select theaters for one night only, with a full week run of the film beginning Friday, September 23rd in key markets. The film will be shown at the highest caliber of theaters in select cities in the U.S. and internationally. For the latest update of theaters and cities showing Pearl Jam Twenty, visit www.PJ20.com.

In keeping with this unique theatrical release in select cities and theaters in September, Pearl Jam Twenty will then roll out in an accelerated fashion with the film’s U.S. television premiere Friday, October 21st at 9 p.m. (ET/PT), as part of the prestigious PBS “American Masters” series, airing during the first-ever PBS Arts Fall Festival. Following, the DVD of the film will be released worldwide by Columbia Records/Sony Music Entertainment October 25, 2011. Pearl Jam Twenty will also be available on Movies On Demand timed to the theatrical release.

The Pearl Jam Twenty soundtrack, released by Columbia Records/Sony Music Entertainment, is currently available for pre-order at www.PJ20.com for its release date of September 20, 2011. Comprised of a selected track listing by Cameron Crowe—the album is a true companion piece to the film.

In addition, as part of their year-long celebration, Pearl Jam is releasing a Pearl Jam Twenty book on September 13, 2011. Published by Simon & Schuster in the U.S. and in Canada, and Atlantic Books in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa, the Pearl Jam Twenty book is an aesthetically stunning chronicle of the band’s past two decades. Compiled and written by veteran music writer Jonathan Cohen with Mark Wilkerson, the book includes a foreword by Cameron Crowe (and material from all his own band interviews) as well as original interviews with Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, and Dave Grohl. The book is also available for pre-order now at www.PJ20.com.

The film, Pearl Jam Twenty, is told in big themes and bold colors with blistering sound, and chronicles the years leading up to the band’s formation, the chaos that ensued soon-after being catapulted into superstardom, their step back from the spotlight with the instinct of self-preservation, and the creation of a trusted circle that would surround them—giving way to a work culture that would sustain them. The film celebrates the freedom that allows the band to make music without losing themselves, their fans, or the music lovers they’d always been.

“We put so much into the film – moments, pieces of footage shot by band members, audio snippets, visual bursts, new and old interviews – many different formats, all meant to present an emotional scrapbook of what it felt like to be a member of the band on this twenty-year journey,” said Cameron Crowe. “The richness of the footage made our path very clear – just tell the story of the band and let the music guide us. It was a joy to make this film, and we’re thrilled share it with the fans.”

The captivating documentary gives fans and audiences an intimate first glimpse into Pearl Jam’s journey culled from more than 1,200 hours of rarely and never-before-seen footage, over 24 hours of recent interviews with the band, as well as live footage of their spellbinding concert performances.

Pearl Jam Twenty is a Vinyl Films production in association with Monkeywrench Inc. and Tremolo Productions. The film was produced by Cameron Crowe, Kelly Curtis, Morgan Neville, and Andy Fischer and executive produced by Michele Anthony.
massimo

Re: PEARL JAM TWENTY KICKS OFF WITH WORLD PREMIERE AT THE 20

Postby Lost Dog » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:48 am

no vinyl? no boxsets? :roll:
Lost Dog

Postby massimo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:54 pm

you know that you should get them separatly before... and than 10C will set a boxset..
About the book I wait for amazon..
massimo

Postby norman-grunge » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:41 pm

massimo wrote:you know that you should get them separatly before... and than 10C will set a boxset..

I will order the book via Amazon too. Maybe even the soundtrack. The long waiting for the Ukulele stuff is really annoying. :(
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby theserialthrilla » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:09 pm

norman-grunge wrote:
massimo wrote:you know that you should get them separatly before... and than 10C will set a boxset..

I will order the book via Amazon too. Maybe even the soundtrack. The long waiting for the Ukulele stuff is really annoying. :(

so agree but how nice does that songbook look...great item..
theserialthrilla

Postby norman-grunge » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:21 pm

kev have you received the songbook already? i have seen pictures only but it looks indeed brilliant. worth all the waiting.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby theserialthrilla » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 pm

norman-grunge wrote:kev have you received the songbook already? i have seen pictures only but it looks indeed brilliant. worth all the waiting.

no just the one as the featured item on the home page..
theserialthrilla

Postby Black Pearl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Do you think the 10C versions will be different from the other ones?
"If you're not confused, you're not really paying attention to what's going on"
(Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
Black Pearl

Return to TenClub