RARIFIED AND LOST

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

RARIFIED AND LOST

Postby dangerboy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:11 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0254242878

this item was listed on sunday evening around 7 pm eastern time, i did a buy it now around 9 pm and paid immediately (required). on tuesday, the seller issues me a pending refund (it took 7 days to clear), claiming he moved over the weekend and couldn't find the cd. said he'd contact me again "if" he found it. never responded to four emails from me.

bottom line: i think someone contacted him after the auction was closed and offered him more money.

:evil:

thought i finally had a rarified and live for a good deal
dangerboy

Re: RARIFIED AND LOST

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:33 pm

That fucking sucks....

feedback there isnt going to be good now is it, especially now sellers cannot reciprocate for buyers.....
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

ebay's new rules suck big time, its all about protecting the buyer, and the buyer can do what they like, while the seller has to take it in the ass.

(My girlfriend sells a lot of stuff on the bay and has to take it on the chin regularly from ebay and paypal and buyers)
DirtyStuart

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:12 pm

i do understand that Stu totally, but I've been fucked over a few times like Jimmy here, and lost money to rogue sellers, and been fearful of leaving genuine feedback as I worried there would be a retributary strike on my account by the seller just because I Neg'd them.,....and as mine is 100% over 450plus transactions I've never been honest enough in my feedback. I should be able to say this seller is wank without risking my feedback as the idea is to warn others of the tit who camnt conduct a business transaction.

Also the seller should always ALWAYS leave feedback first, the reason for this is the buyer performs his part of the deal first by paying, so they should be left feedback upon completing the purchase, it is then up to the seller to perform their part honestly, and provided they do this there should be little to worry about.

I am sure however there are the minority of people out there who will abuse the system by trying it on and trying to con sellers out of goods, and refunds, by threatening to neg them.....I guess we cant win....
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:17 pm

I completely agree Paul, doing something like that to Jimmy is just fucking low, the seller entered into a contract, and it should be honored.

I tend not to leave negative feedback as well for the same reason, and the seller should definitely leave feedback first.
DirtyStuart

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:22 pm

theres just no happy medium is there?

On a much smaller scale I bought the ten v's set last year in the cardboard sleeve.....got a set by a different artist in the mail. Told the woman, she said no worries return it and I'll resend. Which I did, despite 10 emails she never sent the CD, and I never negged as I could see from her feedback others had done so and she hit straight back for no reason at all.....
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:32 pm

a happy medium there is not, short of either never buying anything off of ebay, or flying out places to pick stuff up.

Thankfully there are a few good eggs in the box, but the few cracked ones tend to spoil it for the rest.

The biggest failure on the bay I have had is the Cats Records platinum disc (the one on ForeverDrunks page: http://foreverdrunk.pearljammerspt.com/ ... itemId=392), I was sooooooo happy with it when I got it, displayed it proudly, until I saw that the guy sells one a month of these. Guy never responded, but did leave nice feedback when I emailed him to complain!

It was out of the dispute time with ebay when I complained, so I never got my money back, but its still a nice item, and its up on the wall in the study (next to my signed Magnusson park poster, which did not come off of the bay).

Ebays always going to be a hit and miss place, the best we can hope for is more hits than misses.
DirtyStuart

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:51 pm

i think i'd still like one of those!!
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:54 pm

there's one on there at the moment if you want it :)
DirtyStuart

Postby dangerboy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:08 pm

to me, as a seller, the transaction is not complete until the buyer is satisfied and leaves positive feedback. i don't want to leave positive for someone only to have them come back with a neg or neutral. i understand that they paid/completed their end, but it's the principal of it...
dangerboy

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:10 pm

you got the link Stu?
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:31 pm

I take that back, there is not one up at the moment, but the seller is swag615
DirtyStuart

Postby Frank Gibson » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:54 pm

dangerboy wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150254242878

i think someone contacted him after the auction was closed and offered him more money.

sure about it
I don't think i could do a thing like this to have it if i knew the buyer
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy