reeenk sale

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

reeenk sale

Postby dangerboy » Sun May 11, 2008 11:34 pm

but vic, you asked for the OP's response, but then locked the thread. i disagree that it should be deleted, because i think it offers valuable information (especially as expressed in your final post) to future "how much is it worth" people. just my humble opinion, as i believe this is a perfect example of what you are against. let it stand for others to see...

re: norman's comments about feeling cheated somehow....the OP had to know that just stating he had it and that he was even thinking about selling it would fill up his PM's with offers. i think that's what norman means by feeling taken advantage of. but apparently, he didn't get an offer of 2000usd, so he started an auction.
dangerboy

Re: reeenk sale

Postby norman-grunge » Sun May 11, 2008 11:47 pm

It's an interesting discussion indeed and I'm sorry for some of my rude words in the other thread which is normally not my style or behavior. It is absolutely okay that he offers or sells the CD for a "good" price. I have done this myself but it was always more or less an average price. He jumps from US$ 2000 to US$ 5000!!! It's okay if someone is willed to pay such a price. But don't come here and ask for the value and go back to ebay to sell it for even a higher price. I know it's a crazy PJ collectors world.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby VicSpeed » Sun May 11, 2008 11:48 pm

We (I speak in the name of all PjCollectors.com founders) don't want this site/forum as a price reference for sellers or ebay auctioners.

We talked about it for a long time and decided this is not a good idea for the collectors community. Hope you understand this is a internal decission, we can talk about it if you want to, but we dont want to let speculators know how much they can get from us. I think it's not sane. So what we want to have here are direct sales (no problem with some high prices), no eBay links. That's the reason for closing the other post. The auction is running right now and it easy to find it on eBay. We don't want to give more publicity.

I've checked some other PJ forums and found messages in all of them from the same person. I dont want to talk about what others do with the other forums.

We only ask people to respect PjCollectors.com forum rules.

Thant's all.
VicSpeed

Postby dangerboy » Mon May 12, 2008 1:03 am

i fully understand about you not wanting to be a price resource. this also speaks to my point about the reeenk discussion. these are very few and far between. the number of people who might use the prices discussed about it are very, very small in number. yet, the discussion gets your point across with regard to thousands of other items more easily found, imho.

just my opinion. not my site, and i defer to your decisions and would support them. however, i think as an example of what you DON"T want on the site, it is perfect. many times a real example is more powerful than guideline number 4.....
dangerboy

Postby pdalowsky » Mon May 12, 2008 8:06 am

Sorry guys I'm with jimmy on this one.......

The guy has been nothing but open and honest in his attempt to obtain information....I dont have a problem with it. We ALL know the value of this item - well we know its worth a hell of a lot, so the notion that by discussing it here will bump up the price is nonsense. There is something like 30 of these CD's, its gonna go for a fortune, we are not going to influemnce that at all unless we all go crazy with our bidding.

This is PJ resource for collectors, surely a guy can come along and ask for an opinion and a little input into what he feels his collectible is worth??? I really dont get it. I understand Vics concerns that things like the Freaks will be priced way high if we all post past values and things as the japanese may not know the real value but come on this is a Reeenk!!!

I'm not havign a go at all, as I love this site, and spend a lot of time on here, I just dont agree with the deletion. I dont see that the guy did a great deal wrong, at least we know about this and now have the option.

In the meantime we should all keep an eye on the hyprocrasy that can easily develop, I mean not so long ago a guy (sliver) posted to say he had a few things for sale - no prices were published but all the follow up posts by those who should know better indicated they were sending PM's....only when I mentioned that perhaps it was a flagrant breach were the posts updated and prices added.....seems that when it suits the rules can be forgotton......

Come on guys ....

Needless to say I'm outta of the running, the price is sadly too high for me.....its a shame but life will go on.
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Mon May 12, 2008 10:09 am

norman-grunge wrote:It's an interesting discussion indeed and I'm sorry for some of my rude words in the other thread which is normally not my style or behavior. It is absolutely okay that he offers or sells the CD for a "good" price. I have done this myself but it was always more or less an average price. He jumps from US$ 2000 to US$ 5000!!! It's okay if someone is willed to pay such a price. But don't come here and ask for the value and go back to ebay to sell it for even a higher price. I know it's a crazy PJ collectors world.

hey Norman, dont feel bad either, everyone has their opinion and you are more than entitled to air that, its fair to say we all wanted a bite at the reeenk and it can be ever so disappointing when its not to be.....I must admit i proper got my hopes up on this item, really believed I would finally nail one.....but I just dont have the funds.....so I have to accept I'm out of the race.....shame for me, but not for the guy with the dollars
pdalowsky

Postby dangerboy » Mon May 12, 2008 11:52 am

paul

please don't misunderstand what i'm saying here....i agree with both norman and vic in their opinions about this topic. the only difference i have with vic is about deleting the thread. i believe that letting it stay will act as a lesson to the next person who comes here with the same intentions, to let them know exactly how we will react, and exactly what the site stands for...
dangerboy

Postby pdalowsky » Mon May 12, 2008 12:26 pm

No I see where you are coming from Jimmy, I also thinkt he post should remain, I understand people being disappointed in not securing the item (you lucky bugger you already have one!!!) but I dont see that the guy has done anything wrong. Hes used a great resource for information.....nobody had to reply, the fact everyone did shows the interest in the item.

Its funny as I understand that some of negative abuse he got in his Pm's were from those who actually made low offers.....I wished I could afford it but I really really cant, but I still wish him luck anyway. Cant say I fault him for getting the best price for his item and comign to the best site on the internet for advice.

the 5k price tag is clearly there on the off chance someone is mental enough to go with it.....Cant see that being used.

In am aware though that the guy got offers well over $2k.....one over $2500 - hence the auction. If it doesnt reach $2500 it goes to a buyer in London. Thats what I have been told. and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

I appreciate the sentiment that people here perhaps feel used, but like i said before the guy asked for advice, if people felt that strongly about it, then they shouldnt have offered any or replied at all. then the guy woudlnt have gotten anywhere fast.

I say good luck to him, he clearly needs the money for a good reason, and I have no problem with someone getting some advice from us.....

Maybe its just me
pdalowsky

Postby norman-grunge » Mon May 12, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi Paul, just to make clear. I did not make a low offer to the seller and then was "angry" because I din't get it. I don't like the way he comes here and goes back to ebay. But I have to admit he has stated this in the beginning. He just wanted to know which maximum price he can get and that has something to do with morality.
But I wish him good luck too for his family and everything else.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby pdalowsky » Tue May 13, 2008 8:58 am

Thats cool Norman, he didnt say you did to be fair to him, what he said is he got some pretty nasty PM's from angry people (I never ever thought that would be you, at least you posted your frustrations and didnt hide behind a PM) who had made very low offers.

Of course I offered but I was way out also....took the advice of our oracle Mr Bushleaguer on it first, and although i think Sam's valuation was probably about right in my view (about what I had been thinking of going at myself) it wasnt enough, seems the market is very unpredictable and has changed vastly on the value of this item inparticular.

Its all a shame really, we'd all love the item, of course we would, but I can't afford it.

Nevermind, but to be honest everyone is entitled to their opinion, and one of the highest forum posters on here I certainly value yours, and you sure have the right to express it. All i was saying before was that the guy came to the site being quite upfront on his intentions and asked for a respected voices' opinion on the value.....

just out of interest I am of course monitoring the item!!!!
pdalowsky

Postby jlf1000 » Sun May 18, 2008 1:58 am

Hello All,

I couldn't help myself not to try to post a NEUTRAL, freelance reply to this very interesting thread & add my 2 cents... I'm not trying to lecture anyone, but you should give it some thought.

As far as I am concerned this website does not charge money for consulting information and/or to interact with its members::: so I cleary do not see what all the fuss is about.

Moreover, honesty and business profits do not go hand in hand - which some people seem to be preaching the contrary here. For those of you who think that the reeink seller is an 'honest guy' just because he's saying that he just got married and is having kids...... please... (unless you personally know him). And whether he came on pjcollectors.com clearly stating that he was researching for the best price is not a fault.

We all live in free market economies and products/services are never offered/sold at a 'fair price'. No one should feel cheated that they didn't have a 'chance' to eventually win this auction. Whether you're a collector/hard core fan, is also besides the point. Whoever has the most $$$ wins, there's nothing more elementary than that.

I am not an active member of this site, and personally I do not believe that I have contributed much too it compared to others (...and I wish I did), but the fact remains that it is a free and open source of information for anyone to consult.

Now unless pjcollectors.com wants to write up a stricter code of ethics & conduct just to indirectly protect their chances of winning these types of auctions, then I do not see the 'fair', and 'morale' approach that some members believe they have. Networks (such as this one), businesses, and ultimately friendships thrive with transparency - not mis-information and silence. It's not like you are trying to protect trade secrets of anykind.

Start charging annual subscription fees if you feel the need to protect your efforts and information - I would be the first to pay for it because this website is useful to my pj hobby.

This site should not strive to become a cartel. Be happy that 'outsiders' come here to consult with members: that's what forums are all about. And the only way you can improve and expand is by acknowledging what the public wants.

But then again I'm just a simple member giving my free opinion to pjc.com for the sake of making it a 'better' place.

Jack

p.s. speculation is a part of life and a natural process. we use it all the time to get what we want, and there is nothing wrong with that.
jlf1000

Postby Frank Gibson » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:02 pm

i think that have this community for an annual subscription is a stupid thing.

I won't pay for it

there are some rules and everyone must respect it...if there is the rule to not post nothing about a current auction ....i think it should have been done....
if someone wants some information about an item to sell it on ebay can understand something about it by reading old topics ....i think it is not a right thing to post and then sell on ebay

"p.s. speculation is a part of life and a natural process. we use it all the time to get what we want, and there is nothing wrong with that."

no i don't think so ...i think to use information to get what i want ...speculation is when you use information in damage of another man
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy