Selling Reeenk Roink (+other rarities), would like comments

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

Selling Reeenk Roink (+other rarities), would like comments

Postby PushPull99 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi guys,

after collecting PJ-stuff since late '92 I've decided to sell everything besides my live-recordings. PJ is still my favourite band, but I've not been updating the collection the last 5 years. With lots of other stuff going on in life it seems a bit "selfish" to keep all this stuff locked up in boxes.

I'm guessing the most rare thing I have is Reeenk Roink. It was obtained from a guy who used to be in charge of a Virgin Megastore in the NYC area. It also includes a signed letter from a Liza Arzt/Sony, explaining these are "the ex-mother love bone dudes", that it's a "some kind of test-pressing", and that "the official album will be released this tuesday". Serial number matches the info on TwoFeetThick, so it's 100 % legit. Actually the guy who originally got the item/letter had no idea what it was all about.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some objective input on what you guys figure it to be worth these days. Anyone ?
Having that said I'm an honest guy, and whenever I auction it I will provide any info I can, and I assume it will be through eBay (never sold anything before). Plus I'm sure I'll drop a few lines here to give you "die-hards" a heads-up :)

Appreciate any input. In advance, thank you.
Best regards,
Paul

PS: Sorry for cross-posting, not quite sure where this belongs.
PushPull99

Re: Selling Reeenk Roink (+other rarities), would like comments

Postby DirtyStuart » Thu May 08, 2008 7:56 am

PM sent re: Reeenk Roink.

I am first in line!!!!!

:D
DirtyStuart

Postby pdalowsky » Thu May 08, 2008 10:48 am

Hey Paul, your Niko's pal right???

I've been conversing with him over this item for the last 5 months plus....

Its worth obviosuly what someone who's clearly off their head (like me) will pay for it...The last one did some serious money on ebay and went over $1000

Please keep me in mind if you do decide to sell, I would like a chance to win it!!!

I know Niko suggests that you think you can get it up to $2000ish and you never know - thats out of my league a little but there maybe someone out there who can do that.....What with the world economy as it is right now it might be a struggle to find someone with 2 large to splash on a promo CD no matter how special it is (and trust me its very special!!!)....

Anychance you could email me a copy of the letter out of interest to pdalowsky@yahoo.co.uk and confirm the matrix number on the CD and confirm which sleeve it comes in as there are a few variants on the design.....us nerds out here love to see the differences as you might have something totally unique.

Like I said keep me in mind anyway if you decide to sell and start getting offers,.....would really apreciate that....
pdalowsky

Postby PushPull99 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi, yeah.. I'm Niko's pal. I spoke to him earlier today, and he asked me whether I'd been in touch with you. First time I check the forum today :)

I really have no clue what I would be able to get these days... And I guess the only way to know would be to auction it away. I've gotten several PMs today, and it's not a _must_ for me to use eBay. However, I've never sold anything online before, and from what I know it would be the only safe way for both parties.

Regarding price I know is that it was sold for $1500 a few years ago. The thing is, with the low $$$ value these days I would end up getting less selling it for $2000 than what I would have gotten a few years ago, if I sold it for $1500... $2000 is no 100 % certain price. Just mentioned it to Niko due to the change in the exchange rate.

I don't have a working digital camera here right now, but what I've done is to scan the letter the guys receive + the sleeve. Once I pick up a new digital camera, or borrow one from work, I can take as many pics as you guys would like. Meanwhile, if anyone else wants these pics let me know. I also sent it to JR on TwoFeetThick, who replied he'll be adding it to the article.

Take care guys,
Paul
PushPull99

Postby pdalowsky » Fri May 09, 2008 8:15 am

Lets have a Pjcollectors auction!!!!
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Fri May 09, 2008 8:26 am

no no no... MegaDave will just wade in, buy everything, and stroll out again!

;)

We are all friends here really, so it is a good idea, it would be a great way to keep the collectables within a small group of people who can appreciate it, and feel good for one another when they get something (i.e. the rejoicing we will all do when Paul gets his basketball hoop!)
DirtyStuart

Postby Megadave » Fri May 09, 2008 11:15 am

DirtyStuart wrote:no no no... MegaDave will just wade in, buy everything, and stroll out again!

;)

We are all friends here really, so it is a good idea, it would be a great way to keep the collectables within a small group of people who can appreciate it, and feel good for one another when they get something (i.e. the rejoicing we will all do when Paul gets his basketball hoop!)

hey Stuart, what's wrong???
it's not true...i'm not buy everything...why u have this idea about me????...
honestly i dont remember if i have won an ebay's auction with u...(i don'y know your ebay's nickname...but i think it was never happened..)
recently we have seen on ebay a lot of promos from different countries,acetates...and i have lost or not bidded on these items(except for a jap-promo where i'm very lucky cause seller have missed word "PROMO" in auction's description...i think Norman knows what item i'm talking about.... :D )...
i'm buying some items like promo with info sticker or stamp,particular tapes..some sealed copy for my collection...always objects with a very low price...u can check my feedback(my nick is always the same)...i have lost a lot of auctions with people in this forum...but i always thought that these items always remain in the "collectors-family"....
i'm sorry u feel in this way with me...
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby DirtyStuart » Fri May 09, 2008 11:34 am

Megadave wrote:
DirtyStuart wrote:no no no... MegaDave will just wade in, buy everything, and stroll out again!

;)

honestly i dont remember if i have won an ebay's auction with u...(i don'y know your ebay's nickname...but i think it was never happened..)
recently we have seen on ebay a lot of promos from different countries,acetates...and i have lost or not bidded on these items(except for a jap-promo where i'm very lucky cause seller have missed word "PROMO" in auction's description...i think Norman knows what item i'm talking about.... :D )...
i'm buying some items like promo with info sticker or stamp,particular tapes..some sealed copy for my collection...always objects with a very low price...u can check my feedback(my nick is always the same)...i have lost a lot of auctions with people in this forum...but i always thought that these items always remain in the "collectors-family"....

I was just teasing dude, I don't feel that way really, I do see you on a lot of auctions, but I don't think apart from one time I have come up against you (it was for a Japanese promo a week or so ago.. but I only bid like $4 anyway.. and it went for a lot higher!

Please don't feel like I was having a go at you! We are all friends here, and I was being light-hearted

:D
DirtyStuart

Postby pdalowsky » Fri May 09, 2008 12:14 pm

nice one !!!!!

I might just explode......

This Reeenk would look great in my collection too.....serious wonga though isnt it??
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Fri May 09, 2008 12:15 pm

mine too!

What about a time share? :D
DirtyStuart

Postby pdalowsky » Fri May 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Hey Dave, he's only pulling your leg....all in good jest....!!!

I know you've kicked my ass on a few things before, but hey good luck to you...thats what an auction is all about and we all know that, sure I've sneaked a few things before that you would have gone for.......

You are right though, its nice to keep these things amoungst people who will treasure them and people whom they mean a lot to.......

Don't take it personally, Stuart was only being light hearted because you have such a great collection.....

I think we'd all love this reeenk!!! except for Sam perhaps (the messiah of the collectors world....my god I'd love to be a few Cd's behind him in the collecting ranks)

Megadave wrote:

;)

pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Fri May 09, 2008 12:41 pm

sure we could work something out!!!

DirtyStuart wrote:mine too!

What about a time share? :D
pdalowsky

Postby simopearl » Fri May 09, 2008 3:14 pm

I'm interested too in this item (and even in some other rarities). However i don't think a jpcollectors auction would be good.. there are no rules about this.. (but in case i'll take part to it). i think ebay would be the best marketplace. Probably i won't be the winner (2000 usd????? there's no way!! it's true the exchange rate is changed but no one can tell who will be the winner. If it will be an US resident i think the exchange rate won't be too determinant..) but i think it will be the best way. Of course the owner has the last word!
let's keep in touch!
simopearl

Postby pdalowsky » Fri May 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Come on Simo a Pj tender auction would be magic, everyone stick in a sealed bid and see what the outcome is.....

Lets face it the winner of the auction is bound to be from this site anyway......I'd say thats 95% guaranteed. Think general ebay folk would think its mind numbingly dumb to pay 2k on a promo CD without any artwork but of course the people on here know about the item and the value it holds to people like you and I.....Just my two cents......

And it saves Paul (our Seller) shit loads of fees on ebay!!!

ps sorry Simo, just Pm'd you by mistake!!! oops
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Fri May 09, 2008 4:11 pm

would that sealed bid include postage and packing, 'cos $5 P&P could make all the difference on a $2k bid! :D
DirtyStuart

Next

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy