Selling Reeenk Roink (+other rarities), would like comments

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

Re: Selling Reeenk Roink (+other rarities), would like comments

Postby Megadave » Fri May 09, 2008 7:54 pm

pdalowsky wrote:Hey Dave, he's only pulling your leg....all in good jest....!!!

I know you've kicked my ass on a few things before, but hey good luck to you...thats what an auction is all about and we all know that, sure I've sneaked a few things before that you would have gone for.......

You are right though, its nice to keep these things amoungst people who will treasure them and people whom they mean a lot to.......

Don't take it personally, Stuart was only being light hearted because you have such a great collection.....

I think we'd all love this reeenk!!! except for Sam perhaps (the messiah of the collectors world....my god I'd love to be a few Cd's behind him in the collecting ranks)

Megadave wrote:
DirtyStuart wrote:no no no... MegaDave will just wade in, buy everything, and stroll out again!

;)

We are all friends here really, so it is a good idea, it would be a great way to keep the collectables within a small group of people who can appreciate it, and feel good for one another when they get something (i.e. the rejoicing we will all do when Paul gets his basketball hoop!)

hey Stuart, what's wrong???
it's not true...i'm not buy everything...why u have this idea about me????...
honestly i dont remember if i have won an ebay's auction with u...(i don'y know your ebay's nickname...but i think it was never happened..)
recently we have seen on ebay a lot of promos from different countries,acetates...and i have lost or not bidded on these items(except for a jap-promo where i'm very lucky cause seller have missed word "PROMO" in auction's description...i think Norman knows what item i'm talking about.... :D )...
i'm buying some items like promo with info sticker or stamp,particular tapes..some sealed copy for my collection...always objects with a very low price...u can check my feedback(my nick is always the same)...i have lost a lot of auctions with people in this forum...but i always thought that these items always remain in the "collectors-family"....
i'm sorry u feel in this way with me...

Paul....u too!!

honestly i don't remember if i have won an auction against u....
but i'll repeat...check my ebay profile...i'm buying only in these months items with low price..nothing special...think about last promos on ebay...my nick it isn't present...if u check ebay star with number feedback...u can control that i never bidded.
i have just bought this jap-promo cause i'm looking for it in these years..and i have seen only 2times on ebay in last 3/4years..first time sold for 300euro..2time for 270euro...i 've paid 127euro...it's not a low price..but not the higher(if u consider this particular promo)...in these days i have seen acetates for more of 80/90euros.....
i hate talk about money...i think if u can take an item for your pleasure...and u know how much can u pay it in that moment...go...buy it...it's a personal thing...
i have a discussion in past on this forum when a day i saw a link with an auction that i have won....i felt very bad.....
if u check "new item item in our collection"...i never...NEVER post my purchases...(if it's possible i prefer give my little help for pjcollector... i love the idea of the largest database in www for p.j's collector...it's a great thing have a source of all type p.j's items from all the world)..
i never talk about purchases of others members forum except sometime for a big and natural "GREAT CATCH MY FRIEND!!"...

about Reeenk 2000usd it is very expensive...last time on ebay was gone for 1000usd but i have my doubt on it...i asked other photos of reeenk and seller answered me.."sorry but my camera was broken in these days...trust me,trust me it's an original copy!!!!"...mmmh what a strange case.......
Like Simo has said...i think last word is in the Paul's hand(the seller)...it's a personal choice...

mmm...too much words...Paul,Stuart...hope u don t have problem with me..
Take care guys
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby DirtyStuart » Fri May 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Megadave wrote:mmm...too much words...Paul,Stuart...hope u don t have problem with me..
Take care guys

No! I don't have a problem with you.. I PM'd you to say I was just being playful... please don't think I have an issue with you!

(I feel bad now... :( )
DirtyStuart

Postby Megadave » Fri May 09, 2008 10:38 pm

everything okay,Stuart...everything okay :D ;)
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Summary + more pics/details

Postby PushPull99 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:15 am

Hi,

I'm being asked the same questions over and over again, so I'll try to make a summary here. I've also taken more pics today with a Canon Ixus digital camera (see below).

How it was obtained
We came across a guy outside NYC with an insane collection of promos and different stuff he obtained while managing a Virgin Megastore. He had all kinds of things with all kinds of bands, and he did not have a clue about the story of this particular item.

Why I Am Selling
I got married in September last year, we're having a kid this year, and we've purchased a new appartment which is finished first quarter 2009. In other words, lots of changes going on, involving prioritizing differently + lots of costs.

Who I Am
I am a longtime PJ-fan who's been collecting since late '92, travelling all around to see them. I'm not a "seller", and I've never sold anything online. Meaning I'll be happy to provide any info/pics/details fellow fans would like, and I understand from a collectors perspective how important it is to verify it's legit. I have gotten to know lots of people while travelling on tour, and I should have enough people to vouch for me being an honest person.

How/When I Will Sell
First of all, this post was only intended to discuss the value and other things related to the item. The only pics I had ready when I posted was the scans I made, which I've emailed to several of you. Having that said, I am planning on selling my entire collection within this summer, starting with Reeenk Roink - which will be in 2-6 weeks from now or something.
To ensure both parties security (including buyer), and to get a fair price (which seems to be impossible to guess, since there are so few of these items being sold), I guess an auction on eBay would be the best option.

Price
Again I have no clue what I would be able to get. Let me just clarify that $2000 was something I mentioned I hoped for to a local friend in Oslo, who's also into PJ. It's not something I intended to post here. I said this based on Google Cache URL below, where they discuss Reeenk Roink being sold for $1500. We operate with Norwegian Kroner, and the exchange rate on 1 USD was around 7 NOK not too long ago. Today it's around 5 NOK. I pointed out that 1500 x 7 would be 10500 NOK, while 2000 x 5 is 10000 NOK. Therefore, in a conversation with a friend, I mentioned that I would end up with less selling it for $2000 today, compared to what I would have gotten selling it for $1500 while the exchange rate was 5 NOK. That's it.
Google Cache URL:
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:jfQzT_wrGrEJ:forums.pearljam.com/archive/index.php/t-241001.html+reeenk+roink+%241500&hl=no&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=no

Why I consider It To Be Legit
1) Matrix #, which is extremtly difficult to fake (if not impossible?) is consistent with info on TwoFeetThick
2) The guy I purchased it from was a decent guy with a pretty similar way of obtaining it, compared to other Reeenk's original stories.
3) The letter he received from his Sony contact, explaining the story behind RR. I haven't seen anyone else posting similar letters before
4) If his intetion was to scam me he would have charged a lot more than he did ;)
So the way I see it this RR has more proof to it than any other auctions I've seen.

Pictures / details
I've taken more pics with a Canon Ixus camera today. It ended up with quite difficult to get the Matrix # clear enough, so I've also scanned the sleeve once with more the disc + Matrix # sticking out. With some of the (somewhat odd..) comments I've received I also included my businesscard on two of the pics, to validate I haven't just downloaded the pics somewhere (*sigh*..). The pics will also be provided to JR on TwoFeetThick.

Edit: Removed the contact information on my businesscard, in case the pics are posted other places.

I hope this pretty much clears up everything. I will do my best to answer any other questions you guys might have.

Enjoy the weekend, take care.
Paul
Last edited by PushPull99 on Sun May 11, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PushPull99

Postby jongopostal » Sat May 10, 2008 1:57 pm

My "reeenk roink" looks almost identical to yours. Mine also has the handwritten tracks listed on the back. Don't know what the deal is with that as i've never seen anyone talk about theirs having that on it. I got mine in 94 from a college radio dj in Omaha.
jongopostal

Postby PushPull99 » Sat May 10, 2008 2:42 pm

You should provide the TwoFeetThick people info/pics on yours, if you haven't already done so. Their article is great.

jongopostal wrote:My "reeenk roink" looks almost identical to yours. Mine also has the handwritten tracks listed on the back. Don't know what the deal is with that as i've never seen anyone talk about theirs having that on it. I got mine in 94 from a college radio dj in Omaha.
PushPull99

HEADS UP

Postby PushPull99 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:08 am

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
A friend of mine will be stopping by here today, who has a bit of experience selling online. We'll start going through the items, and most likely post Reeenk Roink TODAY. So consider this your heads up....
PushPull99

Postby LostRebel » Sun May 11, 2008 11:27 am

What a great piece of Pearl Jam history...
Too bad you have to part with it...
Too bad I can’t afford to buy it :lol:

Good luck with your auctions
LostRebel

Postby dangerboy » Sun May 11, 2008 7:16 pm

it's up. so, how exactly did you go from 2000 usd to 5000 usd? as the owner of one of these, i say this price is crazy
dangerboy

Postby PushPull99 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:23 pm

dangerboy wrote:it's up. so, how exactly did you go from 2000 usd to 5000 usd? as the owner of one of these, i say this price is crazy

As you probably is fully aware of it's a "buy it now" price. If someone feels it's worth this to ensure they get it, then that's an option they're given. Having that said I'm counting on a normal bidding round :)
PushPull99

Postby dangerboy » Sun May 11, 2008 7:30 pm

PushPull99 wrote:
dangerboy wrote:it's up. so, how exactly did you go from 2000 usd to 5000 usd? as the owner of one of these, i say this price is crazy

As you probably is fully aware of it's a "buy it now" price. If someone feels it's worth this to ensure they get it, then that's an option they're given. Having that said I'm counting on a normal bidding round :)

you know, as an owner, i guess i should hope you sell it for that.
dangerboy

Postby PushPull99 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:41 pm

It's not far off, no.

Having that said, I know that this is a lot, regardless of what the final price ends up being. But you need to take into consideration that for me, being outside of the US, the exchange rate has dropped nearly 30 % compared to earlier sales. This is naturally something any potential buyer outside of the US also will benefit from.

Take care.
PushPull99

Postby norman-grunge » Sun May 11, 2008 9:41 pm

I have read the whole thread a lot of times and I thought a lot about all this now. Many people around here know me and I have always been friendly and helpful. But what you do is just fucking bullshit.

YOU and this price is ridicilous man. You come here and ask collectors what's the worth is or what they would pay. Don't treat me or us stupid. You know the worth of this testpressing. I don't want to know how many PMs with any offers you have received in the past few days. And don't come me with exchange rate between dollar and euro. I can understand that you want a "good" price for this rarity but you just scalp the people and I don't like this.

Maybe I'm alone with this position and opinion but these are just my thoughts. I'm sorry friends but I just feel ripped off.

(Of course I would love to get my hands one of these beauties but not that way)

Good night
Norman
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby PushPull99 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:34 pm

norman-grunge wrote:I have read the whole thread a lot of times and I thought a lot about all this now. Many people around here know me and I have always been friendly and helpful. But what you do is just fucking bullshit.

YOU and this price is ridicilous man. You come here and ask collectors what's the worth is or what they would pay. Don't treat me or us stupid. You know the worth of this testpressing. I don't want to know how many PMs with any offers you have received in the past few days. And don't come me with exchange rate between dollar and euro. I can understand that you want a "good" price for this rarity but you just scalp the people and I don't like this.

Maybe I'm alone with this position and opinion but these are just my thoughts. I'm sorry friends but I just feel ripped off.

(Of course I would love to get my hands one of these beauties but not that way)

Good night
Norman

Hi Norman,
I do not know you, but of course you are entitled to have your opinion. My intention when I first posted was to get feedback on an approx. value. There have been very few sales I can compare with, which is why I asked. However, the only thing it resulted in was a large amount of offers - which is not something I directly asked for. So instead of dealing with these offers I posted the auction earlier than planned. Selling/auctioning is something I announced I was intending to do, from the very beginning. So quite honestly I don't see how I have treated you or anyone else "stupid". With all due respect: To me it seems you are angry, because you want the item but can't/won't take part of the auction. I never asked you to even consider buying it, nor have I done anything to make you feel "ripped off".

If the administrators feel I have violated any rules then I suggest they delete this thread. But in the middle of your anger, maybe you can take into consideration this this is a "trade/sell/buy" group? Do you bash someone selling a poster $100 above "face value" the same way ? The principle is the same, if you feel people should disregard the market value when selling collectibles. It does not work like this, and it has not done so then 15 years I have spent my money on obtaining my PJ-items. Do you honestly suggest I should offer this to a complete stranger, for the costs of a blank CDR ? Regardless of what the final price ends up being, it is still only a small portion of what I personally have spent on my PJ-collection.

Before you start your critisism you could also take into consideration that you know NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING about what's going on in my life, or why I have decided to part with my most beloved collectible. All I have done is to try to offer up all the information I can, in an honest and detailed manner. I will continue to do so, if anyone feel they need more info. However, I will not get into arguments by replying to similar messages like this. While I respect your opinion I feel it's completely uncalled for.

I wish you good luck with your collection.
Best regards,
Paul
PushPull99

Postby VicSpeed » Sun May 11, 2008 11:18 pm

Hey friends it's my turn.

I don't know why but ALL posts asking something like "what you guys figure it to be worth" ends closed very soon.

I was following this thread from the beggining, and I must say I totally agree with Norman. I don't know the guy selling that Reeenk Roink, but we put some rules at the beggining, I will copy here some of them:

1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.

We wont let "private" auctions here. It's not what we want to do with this site. And we don't like sellers asking how much money he/she can get for a certain item. And we dont let people offer here items from ebay.

My advice: open an ebay auction and let it go. Or you can put a price tag here and sell that item. I'm sure you received some nice offers for that Reeek Roink from PMs from people of this forum.

As this is an open forum I'd like to hear your opinions, but this thread will be deleted in 24 hours.

*********************************************************************************
Edit: I've seen the auction is currently on eBay. I'm sorry I have to close this topic.
Last edited by VicSpeed on Sun May 11, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Found Auction on eBay.
VicSpeed

PreviousNext

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy