Selling Reeenk Roink (+other rarities), would like comments

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS, HUH ? DON'T GIMMIE NO LIP :D

Postby PushPull99 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi,

Vic said he wanted me to comment, while I did not get a chance to do so when to thread was locked a few minutes later. I therefore asked him to delete the thread. Instead he gave me a chance to comment, which I will try to do now:

My initial post was posted 10-20 minutes after signing up on the forum. Sure I admit, I could have examined the rules more thorough before posting. Regardless, I cross-posted: The same message was posted to both the "trade/sell/buy" forum, and to "PJ Discography". In my initial post I clearly stated my intentions: I wanted feedback on the value, before it was going to be auctioned on eBay. The "PJ Discography" forum has the following description: "Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...". No big deal, but maybe it should have been removed in the "trade/sell/buy" forum - instead of removing it from the wrong forum, then later telling me I'm breaking the rules ? :)

Having that said, there's another thing I'd just like everyone to keep in mind:
I have spent EXTREME amounts of money on PJ-collectibles, like most of you guys. Why? Because NO collectibles are sold at the price they were originally obtained. There has been criticism because of the "Buy It Now" price. Getting criticism due to the pricing seems a bit weird to me: I.e. if collectibles were to be sold for the original price promos should be given away FOR FREE, like they once were. In auctions the seller charge whatever the market is willing to give, with very few exceptions. So honestly, I'm having a hard time seeing the difference with this one - except Reeenk Roink is very hard to obtain. Why are nobody making a big fuzz out of the '96 poster currently being listed with a Buy It Now price on $1900 ? He probably payed $10 for it back in '96. Looking at the % of interest the seller is ending up with more than me, regardless of the final price on my Reeenk Roink. So what's the difference? The poster is nowhere near as rare. As one last example: The band has been offering their "travelpacks" on the last couple of tours charging around $2000. If their intention was purely to offer tickets + a place to sleep they would have charged no more than $500. However, they are offering the $2000 travelpacks to the market, to whoever considers their concertexperience to be worth it.

So in my opinion it all comes down to the principle: If you are to object about the pricing then ALL AUCTIONS are WRONG. The more rare the object is, the higher the price will be. It's the way it works, and it's the way it always has worked. And if we are to object about the way auctions work (the principle), we might also take into consideration that ALL OF US are contributing to this "system" by buying overpriced collectibles in general.

I care a lot about Pearl Jam, and while travelling on tour I've enjoyed fellow fans company so much. That's probably the only reason why I'm trying to explain things, although I truely don't feel I have to. I'm just a guy who's trying to collect a small amount of the money I've spent on PJ-collectibles, because I HAVE TO. Hey, nobody charged me a "fair price" when obtaining all my collectibles because it was the MORAL thing to do.

Unless there's something I NEED to comment (related to the auction) this will be my last public post on this matter. I wish you all the best, and good luck with your collections.
And as one last thing I wanna say the same thing I've said to several of you guys on PMs: In an ideal world I would have had FREE Reeenk Roinks to give ALL OF YOU..Because I'm sure you deserve it.

-P
Last edited by PushPull99 on Sat May 17, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
PushPull99

Re: Selling Reeenk Roink (+other rarities), would like comments

Postby jongopostal » Sat May 17, 2008 12:00 am

Thank you pushpull99 for bringing this discussion to a respectful mature conclusion.
jongopostal

Postby jlf1000 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:22 am

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR AUCTION PAUL !!!

Unfortunate that your inquiries were received with some negative responses.
jlf1000

Postby Lost Dog » Wed May 21, 2008 5:12 pm

tim007footy strikes again... :lol:

RR ends at 2.750$
Lost Dog

Postby jongopostal » Wed May 21, 2008 5:19 pm

Anyone take a look at the other items he's bought and the amount of money?

Join the fan club and get BETTER seats for a tenth of the money.

WOW!!!

Oh well, somebody's got to keep the economy going. I think the GDP just rose a tenth of a percentage point on this mans purchases alone.

Anywho. If the mans reading this i'd sell him my RR for that kind of money.
jongopostal

Postby Lost Dog » Wed May 21, 2008 6:03 pm

jongopostal wrote:
Anywho. If the mans reading this i'd sell him my RR for that kind of money.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lost Dog

Previous

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy