Matt Cameron's 2000 Tour / Binaural drum kit (Ayotte)

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

Matt Cameron's 2000 Tour / Binaural drum kit (Ayotte)

Postby Bammer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:05 am

Hi all ... long time TSIS / Red Mosquito member here. My first PJ Collectors post...

I am considering parting with my most prized possession ... the Ayotte drum kit used for recording Binaural and as seen in the Touring Band 2000 DVD. It's the purple toms & silver kick with glitter finish. The last Ayotte kit that Matt used before switching to Yamaha.

I have the toms & kick and related mounting hardware. I do not have the cymbals or the snare. Also, for some reason Matt kept the wood hoops and I now have metal (chrome) hoops.

This kit was purchased from Donn Bennett Drum Studio in Bellevue, WA in 2002. I have the receipt. Donn, the owner of the shop, had Matt sign a poster for me. The kit (with my own cymbals & snare) is shown below along with the poster (from the 2000 tour). Donn Bennett sold the snare for this kit separately, which was signed by the whole band ... and it later re-sold on eBay for approximately somewhere in the neighborhood of $10,000 to $14,000.

I am looking for the best place to *potentially* sell this one-of-a-kind item. I could use some advice in terms of where to put this in front of the biggest & best audience. I figured this would be a pretty good place, in addition to the Pit and eBay. What am I missing?

I would only part with this for a SIGNIFICANT chunk of change so I'm trying to find that mega-collector out there who would pay a lot for it. Thanks in advance for your advice. If anyone here would like to make an offer, please PM me. I live in the Seattle area.

Image Image
Bammer

Re: Matt Cameron's 2000 Tour / Binaural drum kit (Ayotte)

Postby VicSpeed » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi and welcome.

Please read our rules.

We need you to put a price on the items you want to sell here.
VicSpeed

Postby Lost Dog » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm

wow :o
Lost Dog

Postby Bammer » Sun May 20, 2018 5:59 pm

$20,000
Last edited by Bammer on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bammer

Postby Bammer » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:50 am

This is now available on Ebay.
Bammer

Postby Lost Dog » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:53 am

Bammer wrote:This is now available on Ebay.

ok
Lost Dog

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy