LAST DAY 1994 tour Set Lists-Original Handwritten by Ed Ved

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

LAST DAY 1994 tour Set Lists-Original Handwritten by Ed Ved

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 pm

I recently started a thread over at the official forum on the Lost Dogs section regarding Handwritten 1993 and 1994 setlists that would soon be available.

1993 was last week, and everything sold and has been taken care of. Its now time to move onto 1994

These are now available on the terms below, and whilst I acknowledge that this is to ultimately run as an auction, as per the 1993 run we thought it best to bring such an opportunity to the home of PJ collectors, and it was worthy of a slight bend in our normal rules. Plus these are not benefiting any members of this site, and are unique and key pieces of PJ history that are well suited to our forum. I did check in with the Pearl jam forum mods, and it was agreed that it was the right thing not to run the auctions on the official board, as the rules are there for a reason, and regardless of a portion of these sales benefitting a charity it was best to run the auction elsewhere and respect the rules.

So with that said, lets go:: -

1994 Spring Tour

We have set lists, all written by Eddie, except for the second Denver show, which was written by Stone, for 22 of the 25 shows, all attributed to the proper cities. The missing shows are Miami and the second and third Boston shows (Garden # 2 and Orpheum). The Boston Orpheum show was written backstage by the crew—they sat down together, and the final version was written by Karrie Keyes. That original set list is in the possession of the owners friend whom currently does not wish to sell.

There are a few very special laminates too which may interest certain folk if laminates are your thing. Please ask for details, as I want to keep this thread purely about the set lists from the 1994 tour. Please note this will be the end of the set lists, this represents the last round, as the owner of these left the set up before the 95 tour.

OK here's the deal.......The owner of these pieces has asked that we run one week auctions on each. As before he doesn't want to use EBay and whilst he wants to achieve fair prices he doesn't want necessarily to reach for the moon, YET at the same time he really wants to get them into hands of real collectors, dedicated fans, people whom will appreciate their history and importance and value them for what they are. Its important to him after all this time that they find good homes, and good people, and not just find the richest person on eBay who might look to flip them or be snapped up by a memorabilia store, or institution. That might or might not make sense, but the underlying motive is to hopefully connect people at the shows to these great items, and that they are cherished moving forward. These are the only handwritten set lists from those tours known to exist or that realistically can exist in this form as these are the final drafts before they were written up for the stage by crew member with that task back in the day. Early drafts might well exist but it is suspected they are long since in the bin, plus probably could not be matched to actual shows as they would have changed until the final set list was produced.

Let me be very clear these are handwritten by EV, the real deal, absolutely original and unique one off items. Nothing here is photocopied or a reproduction. This in my opinion is museum stuff.

So if you are interested I ask that you PM me or email me (those who have my details) your:-

1. Maximum bid.
2. Your email address,
3. your name.

I will update top prices here as often as I can and as often as demand seems to prompt, certainly next Monday and again on the final day in the morning. On the last day I will post with one hour to go what the top bids are to give everyone a chance at getting what they need.

The starting bid on all is a fairly IMO low $400 to instigate interest.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. There has been a lot of interest in these the past few weeks , and I expect there will be again now we know how the owner wishes to proceed and now we are introducing Vitalogy into the set lists also, not to mention a few historic shows. So please bear with me as I get back to you as fast as I can

I realise it will be disappointing to some that we are proceeding on an auction, but it seems the fairest way to all, given there is a lot of interest, and giving everyone a chance at their show. Fixing prices for items as unique and individual and as incredibly collectible as these is nigh on impossible, so we wanted to let the PJ fans decide on true values based on demand rather than either pricing too low and disappointing a lot of folk, or seen to be price gauging by going at them too high. I hope this makes sense, and is understandable. Although I have mooted the idea of a set price with the owner on a buy it now basis also, so watch this space as if approved I will add that as an update.

Please check back here, as we will be updating regularly.

So what do we have on offer - please check this list and the notes. I ask for now that no one replies to this thread here until we have had chance to add images of each setlist immediately below this post. They are coming real soon.

In reverse chronological order, and with US date codes
brief description added where appropriate

Denver, Colorado 03-06-1994 On back of blank PJ Guest List sheet $700

Denver, Colorado 03-07-1994 Written by Stone Gossard, on Barney Party Favor Stickers cardboard [400/b]

Pensacola, Florida [b]03-09-1994
“Rock For Choice” benefit show.$600

Chicago, Illinois 03-10-1994 Chicago Stadium 1250

Chicago, Illinois 03-13-1994 Regal Theater Fan Club show, on Le Meridien Chicago note pad, including uncommon EV notation of the venue and date

St. Louis, Missouri 03-14-1994 [b]550

[/b]St. Louis, Missouri 03-15-1994 With Tweedy Bird on backSOLD

West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994

Detroit, Michigan 03-19-1994 Fan Club showSOLD

Ann Arbor, Michigan 03-20-1994 On back of torn Michigan Campaign to Re-Legalize Hemp in Michigan page $625

Cleveland, Ohio 03-22-1994 pending sale tbc

Louisville, Kentucky 03-24-1994 On back of torn pink music store (?) page $650

Memphis, Tennessee 03-25-1994 On back of torn Sony or Epic (?) Dan Beck letter that mentions Eddie by name twice

Murfreesboro, Tennessee 03-26-1994 On a napkin

St. Petersburg, Florida 03-29-1994 On back of Catering sign and arrow torn from wall $500

Atlanta, Georgia 04-02-1994 On back of Bell Tower Hotel (Ann Arbor, MI) envelope, with “mask face” drawing $750

Atlanta, Georgia 04-03-1994 Radio Broadcast. On Hotel Nikko Atlanta notepad, with six lines of unknown (to me) lyrics. Someone thinks they could be early “Immortality” lyrics$2200

Springfield, Massachusetts 04-06-1994 600

Rochester, New York 04-07-1994 On Strathallan (Rochester hotel) notepad SOLD

Fairfax, Virginia 04-08-1994 On napkin SOLD

Boston, Massachusetts 04-10-1994 Boston Garden, on torn and folded Paramount Hotel (New York) letterhead, with preliminary version also SOLD

New York 04-17-1994 $600

As I said before images are to be posted below. Please bear with us whilst we get those uploaded as they will help make sense of the descriptions above. What is shown in the images are exactly what will be received (obviously minus the watermarkings)

Shipping will be via Tracked insured and signed for mail wherever you are in the world. Costs will be determined based on location, and payments will be due via paypal to ensure all buyers are properly protected. The shipping rules can not be changed and are set in stone for the protection of all involved.

Good luck, and thanks for reading to the end this very long post. If I haven't been clear on anything please let me know, and until the images are there please do not post replies here. You can contact me by PM here, by my usual email - (please note my address is the yahoo account and not gmail), at the official forum, or at facebook. Whatever works best for you

Update tickets available to the shows listed except for these: -

Pensacola, 09 March

Ann Arbor, 20 March

Louisville, 24 March

Memphis, 25 March

Atlanta # 2, 03 April

Boston # 3 (Orpheum Theater), 12 April

[b][/bidding ends Tuesday night at Midnight 14th April BSTb]
Last edited by pdalowsky on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
pdalowsky

Re: FS 1994 tour Set Lists - Original Hand written by Ed Ved

Postby arq » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 pm

arq

Postby wwsuicide » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Drool!!!!!
wwsuicide

Postby AllEncompassingTrip » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Hopefully better luck with this lot :D
AllEncompassingTrip

Postby grdesigner » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:28 am

This stuff is really just unbelievable to see, I hope that most of these find homes within the community we share here.
grdesigner

Postby Steved1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:39 am

Any chance we can get an update on the current bids Paul, as we are nearing the halfway point. Thanks
Steved1

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:47 pm

Wanting wanting to buy now and not wait till Tuesday can do so for $1000

All are part of that offer except Atlanta 2 and Chicago stadium

Adding this extra info here because it's listed that way on the main pj site too
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:01 pm

First bids added

Update tomorrow
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Two days to go :)
pdalowsky

Postby AllEncompassingTrip » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:01 am

Buy it now option now? And the St. Louis setlist is sold right from under my nose without a chance to counter? WTF, Paul? This is absolute horse shit! :x
AllEncompassingTrip

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:45 am

Email sent
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:11 am

Further update on bids, at least one more later, maybe two......
pdalowsky

Re: LAST DAY 1994 tour Set Lists-Original Handwritten by Ed

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Final update added
pdalowsky

Re: LAST DAY 1994 tour Set Lists-Original Handwritten by Ed

Postby evsgjamm » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:36 am

I don't come here nearly as often as I should and for that, I deserve a kick in the junk.
evsgjamm

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy