Handwritten Original 1993 EV setlists for sale.

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

Handwritten Original 1993 EV setlists for sale.

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:18 pm

I recently started a thread over at the official forum on the Lost Dogs section regarding Handwritten 1993 and 1994 setlists that would soon be available.

They now are available on the terms below, and whilst I acknowledge that this is to ultimately run as an auction, we thought it best to bring such an opportunity to the home of PJ collectors, and it was worthy of a slight bend in our normal rules. Plus these are not benefiting any members of this site, and are unique and key pieces of PJ history that are well suited to our forum. I did check in with the Pearl jam forum mods, and it was agreed that it was the right thing not to run the auctions on the official board, as the rules are there for a reason, and regardless of a portion of these sales benefitting a charity it was best to run the auction elsewhere and respect the rules.

So with that said, lets go:: -

1993 Fall Tour

There are 19 of 27 attributed/confirmed shows/cities available, plus 2 others we are uncertain/ unsure what the dates were so in all 21 of 27 shows ( not counting the Hollywood show at the Whiskey A-Go-Go) All but one two are in Eddie’s handwriting, and one is from Jeff and part of one is in Stones. Please see below for details as notes are against each show.

We have unused tickets for some of the shows, as well as an unworn PJ sweatshirt from the Promoter of the two Mesa, Albuquerque, and Las Vegas shows, and an unused laundry bag from those shows—it’s the “freak” puppet image (like the one on the two San Diego posters from that tour) on one side, and a list of the shows on the other. There are also a few of those San Diego posters left

There are a few very special laminates too which may interest certain folk if laminates are your thing. Please ask for details, as I want to keep this thread purely about the setlists from the 1993 tour. Please note the 1994 tour is to come after this one is done. Really do not wish to bite off more than we can chew, and do this tour properly first before moving on, and making sure the admin side is easy and organised and the shipping out isn't chaos. That is the only reason we have chosen to make this happen over two 'legs'.

OK here's the deal.......The owner of these pieces has asked that we run one week auctions on each. He doesn't want to use Ebay and whilst he wants to achieve fair prices he doesn't want necessarily to reach for the moon, YET at the same time he really wants to get them into hands of real collectors, dedicated fans, people whom will appreciate their history and importance and value them for what they are. Its important to him after all this time that they find good homes, and good people, and not just find the richest person on ebay who might look to flip them or be snapped up by a memorabilia store, or institution. That might or might not make sense, but the underlying motive is to hopefully connect people at the shows to these great items, and that they are cherished moving forward. These are the only handwritten setlists from those tours known to exist or that realistically can exist in this form as these are the final drafts before they were written up for the stage by crew member with that task back in the day. Early drafts might well exist but it is suspected they are long since in the bin, plus probably could not be matched to actual shows as they would have changed until the final setlist was produced.

Let me be very clear these are handwritten by ev, the real deal, abaolutely original and unique one off items. Nothing here is photocopied or a reproduction. This in my opinion is museum stuff.

So if you are interested I ask that you PM me or email me (those who have my details) your.

1. Maximum bid.
2. Your email address,
3. your name.

I will update top prices here as often as I can, and hopefully at least every 1 or 2 days. On the last day I will post with one hour to go what the top bids are to give everyone a chance at getting what they need.

The starting bid on all is a fairly IMO low $400 to instigate interest.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. There has been a lot of interest in these the last week gone, and I expect there will be again now we know how the owner wishes to proceed. So please bear with me as I get back to you as fast as I can

I realise it will be disappointing to some that we are proceeding on an auction, but it seems the fairest way to all, given there is a lot of interest, and giving everyone a chance at their show. Fixing prices for items as unique and individual and as incredibly collectible as these is nigh on impossible, so we wanted to let the PJ fans decide on true values based on demand rather than either pricing too low and disappointing a lot of folk, or seen to be price gauging by going at them too high. I hope this makes sense, and is understandable.

So please check back here, as we will be updating regularly.

So what do we have on offer - please check this list and the notes. I ask for now that no one replies to this thread here until we have had chance to add images of each setlist immediately below this post. They are coming real soon.

In reverse chronological order, and with US date codes -( the dates first, yes or no whether the show is available and then added are notes on what the setlist is written on and any unique details also)

Seattle, Washington 12-09-1993 Yes, on a Friends of Israel Gospel Ministry paper $500

Seattle, Washington 12-08-1993 Yes, on a napkin

Seattle, Washington 12-07-1993 Yes, on a strip torn from a letter to Kelly and the band, from a local radio station, thanking them for PJ’s “Art To Educate’ program. On the larger part of the other piece of the letter, on both the front and back, are EV snippets of lyrics to “Golden Years” by Bowie, which they did part of during “Daughter” that night, and also on the third Seattle show. These were the ONLY two times any of “Golden Years” was ever performed by Pearl Jam. Also has a Zeke and Frank reference on each side. $750

Reno, Nevada 12-02-1993 Yes, on a brown washroom paper towel

Las Vegas, Nevada 12-01-1993 Yes, on torn paper bag $400

Las Vegas, Nevada 11-30-1993 Yes, with two other or preliminary different sets on back - written by Stone on the main set with Ed adding the encore after $400

Boulder, Colorado 11-27-1993 Yes, by Jeff Ament, on a large torn piece of paper bag$700

Boulder, Colorado 11-26-1993 Yes $700

Wichita, Kansas 11-24-1993 Yes, on a Ramada Hotel paper

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 11-23-1993 Yes, on a napkin $600

Little Rock, Arkansas 11-22-1993 No.

Nacogdoches, Texas 11-20-1993 Yes $550

New Orleans, Louisiana 11-19-1993 Yes $725

New Orleans, Louisiana 11-17-1993 Yes $650

New Orleans, Louisiana 11-16-1993 Yes

Dallas, Texas 11-12-1993 Yes $600

Denton, Texas 11-11-1993 Yes $500

Albuquerque, New Mexico 11-09-1993 No

Mesa, Arizona 11-07-1993 Yes - Written by Jeff $400

Mesa, Arizona 11-06-1993 No

Indio, California 11-05-1993 No

San Diego, California 11-03-1993 No

San Diego, California 11-02-1993 No

Berkeley, California 10-31-1993 No

San Jose, California 10-30-1993 No

San Francisco, California 10-28-1993 Yes$450

Santa Cruz, California 10-27-1993 Yes $400

As I said before images are to be posted below. Please bear with us whilst we get those uploaded as they will help make sense of the descriptions above.

Shipping will be via Tracked insured and signed for mail wherever you are in the world. Costs will be determined based on location, and payments will be due via paypal to ensure all buyers are properly protected. The shipping rules can not be changed and are set in stone for the protection of all involved.

Good luck, and thanks for reading to the end this very long post. If I haven't been clear on anything please let me know, and until the images are there please do not post replies here. I will keep an eye on the thread over at Lost Dogs too and help out with info there that is required.

Update tickets available to the shows listed except for these: -

Santa Cruz, 27 October

San Francisco, 28 October

Mesa # 1, 06 November

Denton, 11 November

New Orleans # 1, 16 November

Boulder # 1 and # 2, 26 and 27 November

Seattle # 1, # 2, and # 3, 07, 08, and 09 December

Pensacola, 09 March

Ann Arbor, 20 March

Louisville, 24 March

Memphis, 25 March

Atlanta # 2, 03 April

Boston # 3 (Orpheum Theater), 12 April
Last edited by pdalowsky on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 12 times in total.
pdalowsky

Re: Handwritten Original 1993 EV setlists for sale.

Postby rival » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Here we go... :D
rival

Postby arq » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Updated

Last edited by arq on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arq

Postby Cjzoly » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Bring on those Seattle setlist photos...Thanks again Paul...
Cjzoly

Postby cameronoconnor » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 pm

Paul,
Thanks for the opportunity in making these available. I think at times a small amount of people forget what time and effort goes into facilitating these opportunities and ultimately regardless of what is recommended or suggested to a seller in terms of what format and/or price would best suit the sale that at the end of the day it's up to the individual who is making these available how they roll.

Looking forward to see if I can snag any of these and thanks again

Cameron
cameronoconnor

Postby BLACK35 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:26 am

Very interested
BLACK35

Postby pdalowsky » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:39 am

Little update

1. 1st Las Vegas, 30 November: Main set written by Stone, encore added by Eddie.

2. 2nd Mesa, 07 November: Written by Jeff.
pdalowsky

Postby mcgruff10 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:45 pm

nice job as usual Paul! Good luck everyone. I'm wondering what atlanta 2 will go for.
mcgruff10

Postby blredyellow » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
blredyellow

Postby blredyellow » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:20 pm

2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.

8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!
blredyellow

Postby drsluggo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:23 pm

blredyellow wrote:Forum rules

While auctions are not typically allowed, obviously in this case it's been approved since its not some guy trying to flip their personal merchandise and using the forums to increase exposure for it.

You can be mad at the way the sale is being run, but at the end of the day it is what it is. The seller wants to max out the $$ by running this as more of an auction and it's hard to blame him... but it's this or nothing.
drsluggo

Postby Jeffside » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:26 pm

blredyellow wrote:Forum rules

Dude, get a clue... Your posts on the PJ forum are obnoxious. Before acting like an immature child, figure out what's been going on first.

To quote a part of a scene from Big Lebowski that perfectly describes this lunacy:
Walter Sobchak: Were you listening to The Dude's story?
Donny: I was bowling.
Walter Sobchak: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...
Last edited by Jeffside on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jeffside

Postby wwsuicide » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:30 pm

arq wrote:I just want one, the ugliest one would be enough.

That will probably be the best one dude!
wwsuicide

Postby demetrios » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:40 pm

wwsuicide wrote:
arq wrote:I just want one, the ugliest one would be enough.

That will probably be the best one dude!

I'm gonna guess ... "Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 11-23-1993 Yes, on a napkin" might be it. :p

"Reno, Nevada 12-02-1993 Yes, on a brown washroom paper towel"

This sounds very interesting & very tempting.
demetrios

Postby arq » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Up up and away
Last edited by arq on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arq

Next

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy