WTB: Benaroya Hall 4LP Sealed Set $650

Place to Trade / Sell / Buy Pearl Jam related stuff
Forum rules
1. Private or public bidding is forbidden here. If you want to conduct an auction, try eBay.
2. When posting what you have to sell, post a description, a price tag and, if possible, a picture.
3. NO SPAMMING IS ALLOWED HERE. Do not post eBay auction links just to try and drive traffic to your auction. Everyone here knows what eBay is and regularly patrols the auctions there, so there is no need to post a link to your auction.
4. After the deal please post some kind of feedback on the board.
5. Try and keep it to one topic per member. Use the search function to find yours.
6. Report any infraction (e.g. if a seller is asking for a higher price than the one he set publicly) to the admin or mods
7. If you need help or have a question, ask it here or contact an admin or moderator
8. Please DO NOT ASK FOR PRICES. This is a place for collectors, not a market!!

Trade Advices:
1. New members to the board will be expected to ship their item to an established board member first. On receipt, the return trade item will be sent out immediately. The PJC community here is one laregly based upon the members friendship, their honestly, integrity and respect. Many of the members have developed close friendships and trust. All new members are warmly welcomed, please do not feel this rule suggests any distrust and more a platform to assist you in building up your trust in the community and a chance to give confidence to those who wish to deal with you, we are sure in doing so you will too find some great new friendships from your participation.
2. Any established member of BlackRedYellow.com, PearlJam.com or TheSkyIScrape.com who is known to those on this site, please feel free to negotiate with the members accordingly on your reputations earned on the respective sites and forums.

WTB: Benaroya Hall 4LP Sealed Set $650

Postby oojavaguru » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:46 am

Yes,

I know I may be SOL, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I am a fairly serious collector of vinyl and have focused my collection on box sets and/or Deluxe LP versions. Items in my collection range from the items from AINR (Beck The Information Deluxe, NIN Deluxe, Sigor Ros Deluxe) to the new Oasis 14LP box that just got released in the UK. I am a Ten Club member and have the Into the Wild LP among some other nice items.

I am willing to pay $650 flat (includes shipping, send it media mail for approx $10) via Paypal immediately if anyone has a SEALED 4LP benaroya set for sale. I am getting a bonus from work tomorrow and figured I'd try and maybe help someone out financially or if someone had an extra and was fortunate to get 2, they can get some extra money to fund shows for the new tour or the posters they announced for pre-sale.

I'd rather buy it here, from a fan who took care of it, then someone trying to make money on Ebay. Plus, I don't have to worry about being sniped at the last second by some kid who doesn't have the money to pay for the auction, causing it to get re-listed in a few days anyway and we also don't have to deal with ridiculous ebay fees.

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your time. PM if you are serious about selling this.

SC
new-vinyl.blogspot.com
oojavaguru

Re: WTB: Benaroya Hall 4LP Sealed Set $650

Postby dangerboy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:29 am

even if i was to sell you this, there's no way in hell i'd ship it media mail. that leaves the seller wide open to have to refund/replace....
dangerboy

Postby oojavaguru » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 am

You can use Delivery Confirmation with Media Mail and if you pack the item well, then there is no chance to get it damaged (hence, why a Paypal claim wouldn't work). I just don't want to pay $40+ to ship the thing via UPS or USPS. Plus, you can always get insurance for the package, so if it is damaged, you can get your money back.
oojavaguru

Postby oojavaguru » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:22 am

As a follow up to my own post, it would appear that a few of you who have responded are infatuated by a recent ebay auction that ended. The final price was over $850. Does that mean that is the current value of the set? Absolutely not. The seller used private bidding and for all we know, he could have had a shill bidder arbitrarily inflate the price (not the first time its been done on Ebay). The only thing that is certain is *conjecture*, which is the price a person is willing to pay for anything. What I may value an item at, may differ from what you value that item at.

Ironically, an auction for a set ended today for $478. Another has a current bid of $500 that has been there for over 4 days. Will it end higher than that? Probably. Will it be $850? I'd be really surprised.

According to popsike.com, there were 17 Benaroya Hall sets auctioned last year on Ebay. The average price of those 17 sets? $532

Again, I am overpaying for an item that you were fortunate enough to pay $40 for originally. If you feel (again going by some PMs I've received) that you can get $850 for your set, then by all means throw it up on Ebay.

But keep in mind the following:

Let's say you have an extra set and you decide to throw it up on Ebay with a starting price of $49.99 and a reserve price of $750. You also added an extra picture to reflect the number of the boxset to go along with a picture of the front.

Listing Fees would be $9.35

Let's say it ended up selling for $750. Your final auction fee that you'd have to pay to Ebay would be $28.44

Then if the person paid with Paypal, which Ebay forces you to have to do since they own it, they'd take $22.05 out of the payment.

So your net total would be $690.16 ($750-$59.84 fees). Still good, but remember I can send money through paypal as a "gift" and you aren't charged anything. Makes my offer look pretty respectable, I'd say.

Just trying to point out some facts. Again, this may be a lost cause and I may be wasting my breath. I will get one eventually, mark my words on that. I just wanted to help out someone here. But if nobody needs help or wants $650, then let me know when you throw your set up on Ebay.

SC
oojavaguru

Postby massimo » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 am

In my opinion your is a nice offer, I just don't have spare and I think that none here have spare copies as if I'm not wrong someone here is still looking for that box!
Anyway is a very good set so, good luck on your finding and come back here sometimes to discuss about collecting vinyl!
massimo

Postby oojavaguru » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Well I won #626 on Ebay for $711, so not too bad I suppose. Thanks for everyone's help.
oojavaguru

Postby pdalowsky » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:28 am

Congrats :)
pdalowsky

Postby Lost Dog » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:20 pm

nice catch. ;)
Lost Dog

Postby arq » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:51 am

I bought one for $650 on ebay under a lot of self inflicted pressure because i thought i would never have a chance to get one for less, and a couple of days later one was sold on ebay for almost $500 and the other one for almost $600, but well i bought a second one for $350 a week ago from someone very very very nice (he even included the shipping) in the 10C board :lol:
arq

Return to Trade/Sell/Buy