Promo Category for the site

Show other members your collection

Re: Promo Category for the site

Postby Megadave » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:i am not talking about the various promo sticker ed. ....cause considering all promo items i think we can be found out a lot of other vinyls....i want to explain better what i mean... with vinyls we can know better almost all the release ...maybe ew won't have every pictures but we can understand nearly the total amount

Frank we have this discussion months ago....i 'm quite sure...(execpt for big's surprise from Sam's house)...for pj vinyls album we have only few copies for few countries...cause they born late..in 91...and cd was remplacing vinyls in stores....
it's a different thing from other artists...i don't want make the traditonal example(metallica)...but if u check other collections...for example Madonna,U2,queen,iron maiden...then u find album vinyls pressed in Canada,Argentina,Mexico,venezuela,uruguay,Russia....africa state like ZIMBAWE....ITALY!!!and...japan....VINYLS WITH OBI...what a fantastic idea!!!marvellous items!!!
but for these artists too...after 90...vinyls pressed are few copies too...Eu or Usa...cause cd...i know, it's a crime 4u....are remplaced vinyls!!!

i don't think for pj is the same situation...
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby pdalowsky » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:34 am

bu$hleaguer wrote:I've been putting off taking pictures of my vinyl collection for quite some time now. I started taking a few pics with my camera but they looked horrible. I'll make another attempt because I do have many vinyl items that need to be listed, some that you guys may have never seen or forgot existed. 8-)

Sams the man isnt he? :D
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:10 am

pdalowsky wrote:
bu$hleaguer wrote:I've been putting off taking pictures of my vinyl collection for quite some time now. I started taking a few pics with my camera but they looked horrible. I'll make another attempt because I do have many vinyl items that need to be listed, some that you guys may have never seen or forgot existed. 8-)

Sams the man isnt he? :D

Yup
DirtyStuart

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:43 pm

ehi mega
i was loking to my list ...think regular singles are all in the pjc except a NOT FOR YOU BRASILIAN ed. like the JEREMY one. I will provide some pics as soon as possible

also the merkinball german promo with german paper sheet (not in my coll.)

ps the merkinball test pressing single wasn't a fake as we told some months ago???
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby VicSpeed » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:54 pm

I will add some more items on these days.... And will try to take photos of some vinyls.

Thanks a lot for your efforts. :)
VicSpeed

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:43 pm

in the LP Category there are not 3 TEN (I have two of them) and 1 VERSUS but I think also that there are two different version of the spainsh release

in the PROMO LP Category there are not 3 TEN PROMO ED. and 2 VITALOGY PROMO ED. (maybe only one)

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby bu$hleaguer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:16 pm

VicSpeed wrote:I will add some more items on these days.... And will try to take photos of some vinyls.

I'll do the same Vic. It's about time we finish this section. One item I'm curious about is a Ten LP that I have with a "Made in Canada" sticker on it. Unfortunately it is sealed so I can't take a closer look. Does anyone have any info on this one?
bu$hleaguer

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:05 pm

is the canada sticker on the cover or on the wrap???

Frank Gibson

Postby Megadave » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:56 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:ehi mega
i was loking to my list ...think regular singles are all in the pjc except a NOT FOR YOU BRASILIAN ed. like the JEREMY one. I will provide some pics as soon as possible

also the merkinball german promo with german paper sheet (not in my coll.)

ps the merkinball test pressing single wasn't a fake as we told some months ago???

-i know this item(not4u)...but like jeremy...Vic i think we must have a discussion in the next days about this type of item...
i have my doubts about our presence in pjdiscography

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=344

i have this (from old pjdiscography):

http://www.xs4all.nl/~groenf/images/newrock92.jpg

but both vinyls ...mmmhhh...in pjcoll???..mmmmhh...some doubts frank...
if u have jeremy and not4u...u must include 12"sony braz promo...and the same problem with a thousand Sony official promo CDs...Sam can teach us in this world....
i think we can talk about these type of items...

-merk with german factsheet?...really,really good..

-Merk test...4me it's ok...we don't have other info...but i think it's a good thing his presence on pjcoll
Last edited by Megadave on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Megadave » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:02 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:
VicSpeed wrote:I will add some more items on these days.... And will try to take photos of some vinyls.

I'll do the same Vic. It's about time we finish this section. One item I'm curious about is a Ten LP that I have with a "Made in Canada" sticker on it. Unfortunately it is sealed so I can't take a closer look. Does anyone have any info on this one?

Sam...it can be like the ecopack...with canada sticker on back??????

but i'm sure u have ten with oceans sticker on cover...it should be great add it...

like i'm sure about ten with sticker on second here(tape with black sticker)....but it was a great circle...made for vinyl..

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=546
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Megadave » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:10 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:in the LP Category there are not 3 TEN (I have two of them) and 1 VERSUS but I think also that there are two different version of the spainsh release

in the PROMO LP Category there are not 3 TEN PROMO ED. and 2 VITALOGY PROMO ED. (maybe only one)

3 Ten?...which?...160gr,180gr...and??

3Ten Promo????????????if u have a testpress of usa first press i come to your house...ON FOOT!!!!

2vitalogy sure...braz gold and usa sticker...but i think Sam an usa press with greek promo sticker...
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:53 am

Megadave wrote:i have my doubts about our presence in pjdiscography

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=344

yeah after my research i found also the not for you brasilian single and i think taht we can must add it if there is the jeremy one cause are the same type of release

maybe we can cancel the jeremy single so we won't put also not for you or maybe we can have a new category..don't know but i agree with you

Frank Gibson

Postby Frank Gibson » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:54 am

Megadave wrote:
bu$hleaguer wrote:

Sam...it can be like the ecopack...with canada sticker on back??????

but i'm sure u have ten with oceans sticker on cover...it should be great add it...

don't know this canada stickered lp ...what is it?

Frank Gibson

Postby bu$hleaguer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:02 pm

The Canada Ten LP looks like it is just the regular US pressing with a "Made In Canada" sticker placed on the plastic. I'm doubtful that it is a true Canadian pressing but I am curious to see if the etchings on the vinyl match the US version. I don't plan on opening it anytime soon so maybe we'll never know...

I'm working on pics of the missing LPs and should have many of them up on the site this weekend. They won't be perfect, but it will be better than nothing.
bu$hleaguer

Postby norman-grunge » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:26 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:The Canada Ten LP looks like it is just the regular US pressing with a "Made In Canada" sticker placed on the plastic. I'm doubtful that it is a true Canadian pressing but I am curious to see if the etchings on the vinyl match the US version. I don't plan on opening it anytime soon so maybe we'll never know...

I'm working on pics of the missing LPs and should have many of them up on the site this weekend. They won't be perfect, but it will be better than nothing.

Ah come on Sam, open the sealed vinyl. We want to see the Made in the US printing. :D
But I have my doubts too that there is a Canadian release.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

PreviousNext

Return to Private Collections