Dirty Stuart's collection

Show other members your collection

Dirty Stuart's collection

Postby DirtyStuart » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:58 am

In no particular order... And many thanks to some people on here for pointing me in the right direction, and selling me things!

And thanks to a loving and understanding girlfriend...

And finally... the tattoo (picture is a little dark!)

Not pictured is the doormat (I have two, one of which is going to someone on here once I get a shipping price), two minidiscs (also going to someone on here), a couple of bits of clothing, two Eddie Vedder zippo lighters, a Mike McCready pick, my posters (three framed, including a fully signed one), some books, the DVDs and I think thats it!
DirtyStuart

Re: Dirty Stuart's collection

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:09 am

good work stu,

love it,

as for the reeenky roinky, were you the lucky bidder of Johns last on ebay?

glad you got the giveway by the way...

must post pics of my stuff one day....
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:23 am

I was kind of the lucky winner...

I said to the missus "look, this is a bargain", she pointed out that I had just bought a new PC, and I pouted a little bit. she asked why it was a bargain and why I wanted it so much, I said that it was cheaper than the last two on the bay, and that there were not many in the world. She pointed out that I had just bought a new PC, I pouted a little bit.

While we were on holiday she asked if I was still upset that I did not get it, I said yes, but it was expensive, and probably a good thing for my credit cards that I had not bought it.

She said "well its a good job that I bought it before we left", at which point I spit my drink everywhere. She said she bought it because I had not sulked, and because I wanted it, but I was paying the majority of it, and she was keeping it until my birthday!

So, it all ended up on my credit card anyway, and she is going to pay a load towards it.

I was pleased with the Giveway - thanks for pointing that one out!

And yes, you must get those pictures up! :D
DirtyStuart

Postby Yuri » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:27 am

Haha, great story.
I must try that with my girlfriend sometime!
I am sure she must go crazy sometimes, like when version number 12 of the same VS cd arrives haha!

cool collection!
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:33 am

Good man Stu, thats an awesome story. Your girlfriend deserves a diamond, attached to some gold, that fits her finger second in from the end on her left hand

Think the most I can hope for is my Wife to get me committed to the local nuthouse - thats about the extent of her feelings on my 'problem' erm sorry i mean collecting...

Yuri, my wife constantly points out that i have like 6 tens, 7 V's, 6 Vitalogy, 5 no codes etc, and the only thing I can come up with is to show her this site, and try and show her that I'm under control compared to a few others who have like 20 of each....it doesnt work in the slightest, but thanks anyway for unwittingly putting yourself out there for me!!!
pdalowsky

Postby VicSpeed » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:39 am

Nice pictures!... And nice story with the Reeenk!
VicSpeed

Postby DirtyStuart » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:41 am

Hahaha yeah, she is a keeper :D

Sometimes I do understand the looks when she rolls her eyes at *another* poster, but then, like Paul, I have shown her other peoples collections in the hope that she will understand!

I have agreed on a few months pause in the collecting though!

Ssadly meant that I missed out on the 2000 bootleg promo on the bay on tuesday that went for ten pounds!
DirtyStuart

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:50 am

I think theres another such promo on right now.....

You could take it to that next level and have things delivered to your work address, or your friends house, and get it slipped to you on the sly with some gass bills or something......she'll never know!!! This is a tactic my uncle used to use when he got in trouble off the missus.

Havent got that far yet and like you Stu, I'm stepping back a little now, baby on the way, dollar getting stronger, time to have a break for a few months myself....thats of course unless we find something really interesting!!! oh dear god, I'm a lost cause......maybe this record fair in November could be our little fix
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:51 am

oh and that soldier field promo on the bay might nicely finish off your soldier field trio.....ahem Sorry Stu's Girlfriend.......its all my fault...
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Dammit! I cant, a promise is a promise!

Another one will come up again later...
DirtyStuart

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:06 pm

oops sorry dude,

surely one off rare pieces dont count
pdalowsky

Postby Yuri » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:50 am

The tricky thing is... at one point you just HAVE to buy a new rack to put your cds in...
than you're busted! haha. :roll:
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:21 am

Yuri, you have to be resourcefull...

like lets have a change in this room, lets go modern, with big cabinets for Cd's and things.....

done right they never notice
pdalowsky

Postby DirtyStuart » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:39 am

hahaha, nice one Paul :D
DirtyStuart

Postby norman-grunge » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Great collection Stu. Good luck with your "pause". That would be to though for me. :)
I think I will tell your Reeenk Roink story my girlfriend. 8-)

Yuri wrote:I must try that with my girlfriend sometime!
I am sure she must go crazy sometimes, like when version number 12 of the same VS cd arrives haha!

Yeah Yuri i can totally confirm this. Every Pearl Jam collector has these situations.

pdalowsky wrote:You could take it to that next level and have things delivered to your work address, or your friends house, and get it slipped to you on the sly with some gass bills or something......she'll never know!!! This is a tactic my uncle used to use when he got in trouble off the missus.

This is funny Paul but if his girlfriends finds it out I don't want to be in the house.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Next

Return to Private Collections