What is your main motivation for posting/sharing?

Show other members your collection

What is your main motivation for posting/sharing?

Postby neighborrow » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Why do you post your collection online. Not trolling genuinely interested. I have a friend who is about to quit his high paying job to build a site that lets you post/share your collection. I want to learn everything I can to help him (and if the demand is there - to help him build a bad ass site dedicated to one thing, sharing the collection).
neighborrow

Re: What is your main motivation for posting/sharing?

Postby Lost Dog » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:32 am

to have a feedback (about quality, rarity, condition, authenticity, ...) from someone that has the same passion for exemple :D
Lost Dog

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 am

a sense of community and sharing....

the vast majority of the population will be quick to label collectors crazy and a tile short of a roof (and I actually understand their point), so its nice to find like minded people to enjoy your hobby with. Its by sharing collections that hidden gems become found too, Ive found items on this board that I still wouldn't know exists if I hadn't seen them here.

Its also a useful place to present a collection for online reference if you ever need to check something out whilst you are away from home, and for purposes of an insurance record.
pdalowsky

Postby tempo_n_groove » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:00 am

I love seeing the crazy stuff out there! A door matt? Really?!? I have to have it now!!!

Some things need to be shared with the world and collecting them without sharing wouldn't be just.

Share your collection people!!!
tempo_n_groove

Postby foodshop65 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:43 am

all the above comments
plus
Pearl Jam has so many possible collecting categories, it's nice to see who collects what and you meet some cool people along the way
good luck with the site and let us know when it rolls
foodshop65

Return to Private Collections