Re: My Collection

Postby norman-grunge » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Wow I love this Alice in Chains print.

Any chance you can scan this one in high resolution? :roll:
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby rival » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:45 am

norman-grunge wrote:Wow I love this Alice in Chains print.

Any chance you can scan this one in high resolution? :roll:

If I'm not mistaken, it's a fairly recent print (2009-10 I think) from an Italian artist. I remember Massimo had posted images of this one on BRY a while back. No doubt he'll have some info on where to obtain one.

Hope that helps.
rival

Postby VicSpeed » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:28 am

I love the Blind Melon poster... :cry:
VicSpeed

Postby MLB.MB.PJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 am

The Alice poster is by an artist named Jesse Higman...

At the top of the poster it says this:
"This drawing was the first thing I did for Alice in Chains in 1992 and was used on a long sleeve shirt and a stage backdrop. Two years later and I'm still fortunate to be working with them. If you want more information on Alice in Chains, write to them at PO Box 61245 Seattle WA 98121-USA. For more info on my art and upcoming projects you can write to me. Jesse Higman 1202 E Pike Street, Suite 1229, Seattle, WA 98122-USA
MLB.MB.PJ

Postby MLB.MB.PJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 am

[/quote]If I'm not mistaken, it's a fairly recent print (2009-10 I think) from an Italian artist. I remember Massimo had posted images of this one on BRY a while back. No doubt he'll have some info on where to obtain one.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

As stated above, it's not recent its from 1994. I went to a party my roommates band was playing and it turned out to be at the artists place on Pike. That is where I got this, Jesse gave some of these away along with another print that I lost some years ago.

Three bands played that night, I do not recall the first band but my roommates band was Bathtub Gin and the last band was Ramadillo. When Mike and Eddie made their first appearance on MTVs Headbangers Ball, Mike wrote Bathtub Gin in black sharpie on his white t shirt, Bathtub Gin is thanked in TEN and was also the opening band for the ONLY full set Temple of the Dog show at the OffRamp in Seattle. Which by the way, was the first time I saw Bathtub Gin and just lucked into being there that night to see TOTD. You can also see Bathtub Gin on a couple of the posters above opening for PJ.

Ramadillo was Pete Droge's band and they were fantastic, one of my favorite bands from that era. I think I still have their cassette tape.

I do still have my Bathtub Gin cassette tape and a t shirt. I converted the Bathtub Gin songs to digital a few years ago and still listen to it. Bathtub Gin was not "grunge" but a blues rock band and when the scene exploded up in Seattle in the early 90s they were passed over cuz they did not fit the mold. They were an excellent band though.
MLB.MB.PJ

Postby MLB.MB.PJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 am

VicSpeed wrote:I love the Blind Melon poster... :cry:

Many people forget that Blind Melon recorded that first record in Seattle. They played a few shows here in clubs while recording. I think I saw them two other times besides the one on the above poster.
MLB.MB.PJ

Postby MLB.MB.PJ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 pm

MLB.MB.PJ

Postby jr2ft » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:35 pm

This early stuff is great. Did you go to the 7/4/91 and 8/91 RCKNDY shows?
jr2ft

Return to Private Collections