New to forum - not new to PJ - collection list coming

Show other members your collection

New to forum - not new to PJ - collection list coming

Postby rlhammon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 am

Hello all.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Rich Hammond. I don't know who is here on this site, but I'm guessing I know a few of you.

A brief history of my PJ life. I was a member of GoS mailing list back in the early/mid '90s. Spent many a day making copies of shows on cassette/DAT/CD-R and running trees through out the 90s, taped many a live PJ show on DAT, was a member of DigiJam (DAT PJ taper group), ran the very first Pearl Jam MP3 site (featured a new "Concert of the Month" in mp3 download mid '90s to early '00s), and also worked with a group who released many a live DVD, often times mixed with multiple cameras, and of course a mix of audience and soundboards. I've used this screen name (rlhammon) most of my online PJ life, if it looks familiar to you, well... it's me.

None of this is about collecting, I realize that... but I've collected many a PJ related item over the years.

My collection has never had a theme, unless "I like that" is a theme. ;)

I know some people collect vinyls, some collect posters, I've collected many of the "other" items. I'm hoping that signing up (been lurking here for years) will get me to post my collection and pull things out the various boxes they have been in for some time.

Brief highlights:
Every x-mas single (well, waiting on the 2010 to arrive still)
"Give Way" Best Buy (sealed)
Vitalogy Jack Daniels bottles (sold a few years ago)
A couple stickman doormats
Various picks from shows (only shows where I was handed/picked up the picks, I don't want someone elses picks!)
Various setlists from shows
Various posters from shows (most of my "good" ones I sold years ago, won't part with my Las Vegas 10th year poster though)
Various signed items from times when I've met the band
Finally an intact tambourine from Ed (Toronto II - 2011) on this tour

Anyway... I haven't seen a place to introduce myself, so I thought I do it here. I'm going to also reply in hopes that I can edit that post later with my collection so that it shows up directly below this post.

If we know each other... feel free to say "Hi", if I don't know you yet, "Hi", now it's your turn!
rlhammon

Re: New to forum - not new to PJ - collection list coming

Postby rlhammon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 am

Starting to update this section with my collection.

Ten "Basketball" LP - Mine is real - (I've included all the pictures I could around the areas I saw in the thread as to how to identify a fake one)

Alive Promo Cassette

Alive Promo CD

Vs. Picture LP

Jeremy Picture LP

No Code Promo Stamp Set (never used)

Video Byways Version 2

Alive

Hovercraft 7"

Jeremy Picture CD

Give Way (sealed)
Front
Back

Vitalogy Mobile (sealed, never used) (I have at least two of these)
**Just found my Vitalogy 3 ring binder too!!**

Alive Doormat (1 of 2)

Album Cover Poster Boards

Framed and signed (by the entire band over a 2 year period) poster

Close ups of signatures:

For comparison, here is another signature from Ed when I met him in Chicago after one of the Who shows at the House of Blues.

I have other things in other boxes that I haven't even touched yet. I have all the studio LP's still sealed from the local record store. Most of them have the original receipts in them showing the dates I purchased them, so that I could verify I have 1st pressings. It was the best I could do to show that at the time. Did the same with most of the 7" LP singles too.

Newly opened box item:

2004 Vote For Change Package (yes, I hosted a party, this is my kit, not a purchased one from someone else. The box on the right is the original shipping container, with my name and address on it for verification):

Not found in a box... but going into a shadow box soon. From the second Toronto 2011 show... the showing (with Ed and Neil young in attendance) of PJ20, tickets for both shows (1st row second night), and the tambourine Ed gave me during Baba O'Riley (after he cut his hand side stage behind Mike). You can see videos of Ed tossing the tambourine to me on YouTube if you search for the show and Baba O'Riley. Mike came over and played his solo on Yellow Ledbetter sitting on the stack in front of my buddy and I (you can see my buddy shake Mike's hand at the very end of YL, and Mike handed him his pick).

Posters:

Most of my posters have been sitting protected inside poster tubes since I picked them up either at the show or in the case of the non-show posters since I received them. I'll be framing a few of these, but I'm thinking of selling the others sometime soon to let someone actually enjoy and display them.

Groundworks poster is another that will most likely never be sold. Scored some awesome tickets day of for this one with a great group of friends.
The Las Vegas 10th Anniversary show poster is one of those never sell items. It was hard to get in to that show... I flew out there without a ticket and ended up getting a ticket (with many friends) that that band released and let us know were going to be available so that we could all get in.

Oh.. and I'll be updating photos soon. Just figured out what's going on and why the full size images aren't showing up. I'll fix that shortly.
Last edited by rlhammon on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rlhammon

Postby norman-grunge » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:30 am

Welcome here Rich. Always fun to read such postings. Enjoy the site and forum.

Of couse I am curious to see your collection. ;)
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby theserialthrilla » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 am

welcome ...

would love to see some of your pictures

kev
theserialthrilla

Postby LostRebel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:31 am

Hey Rich,

Welcome on pjc!
Would love to see your collection...
... and maybe do a DVD B+P if you still have all these shows in your archive ;) :D
LostRebel

Postby pdalowsky » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:52 am

Great to have you here Rich....

welcome

and to add to the common theme emerging here...would also love to see your collection.

Love your collecting theme ;) 'because i like it', is probably the best way of categorising my ridiculous interest in the memorabilia items. :D I mean who on gods earth buys a crap dog teddy with a tag on its ear?

erm me :D
pdalowsky

Postby do.the.evolution » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:58 am

Hi, as you can see, you're absolutely right here!

hello and welcome from another "I like that" collector
do.the.evolution

Postby massimo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Man, I say "Hi" and welcome here as I really remember that site DigiJam so I'm glad to see you there!
massimo

Postby Paulina87 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:56 am

Welcome Rich!

Would also like to see some photos of your collection... ;)
Paulina87

Postby Chrisilein » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Hello Rich!
Welcome!
Great to have you here!! :D
Chrisilein

Postby CaRaViEx » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Welcome home !

Peace and Love

CaRaViEx
CaRaViEx

Postby evsgjamm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:01 am

Hi Rick

I feel like I know you but I can't be for sure so I'm going to reintroduce myself. HI! returned. I'm new to the forum as well; a lurker for a while and decided NOW is the time to catalog my collection and share it with fellow fans. I've got my CD rack propped up next to my couch, my vinyl rack at arms reach, a bag of Doritos, a couple cans of beer, some incense burning, and some black circles (not PJ, cuz they're all sealed) spinning on an old player and I'm feeling the 2011 vibe from SO MANY PEOPLE online it's kind of ridiculous. This year feels like a climactic year for PJ and fans alike. So much is being sold & traded, it's kind of blind-siding me. Anyways, I hope to get some pics of my fav items up for viewing pleasure. Hello to everyone else; PJ fans are the best fans out there! So dedicated. KORITFW ;)

Rogan
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
evsgjamm

Postby VicSpeed » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:05 am

Welcome Rogan!

:)
VicSpeed

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:57 am

VicSpeed wrote:Welcome Rogan!

:)