Ebay

Show other members your collection

Ebay

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:46 am

Guys, has anyone else noticed that whenever something new pops onto ebay, like a promo of some sort thats rarely seen, we all seem to bid against each other to bid the item up to silly money because we all want it so much!!! I keep seeing the same names bidding which seems daft really, as we are costing each other a fortune!!

Any thoughts, other than thats what a market is all about.....
pdalowsky

Re: Ebay

Postby simopearl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:49 pm

i agree with you!!! but consider that ebay it's totally out of control.. how could we do?
we should have a forum for each auction (and it's not correct to share information about not-ended auctions) and everyone should put it's higher offer..
In my opinion it's the Pj collectors site that causes these losses of money.. everyone sees on the site new items added by some collectors and so begins the challenge to have it against the others... few years ago it wasn't like now! prices were completely different... i collect Pj items for fun and because i like them and NOT to have more items than others collectors!!!
The only think i can suggest is: do not bid on items that you'll find again (easily) and wait till the price slow down.
if you have further adivices please let us know!!!
simopearl

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:42 pm

I agree Simo, I collect them because I'm a fan, and I want to see My collection grow with cool stuff, not to brag about what I've got and I've got the only copy of this and that.....

I like your idea of everyone comparing offers, and making sure we dont outbid for the sake of outbidding, if I'm not gonna bid enough genuinely then why do I waste the time trying to be around at the end of the auction hoping I'll win and then getting outbid at the last second or finding the bidding has escalated crazily, good idea

I had another that those of who regularly do the same ebay searches and find the same items, all take it in turns to bid for items we are all interested in, I agree it'll never work in practice as there will always be someone who gets greedy,

Maybe there isnt an answer but it just seems nuts that we keep costing each other a fortune.

I really wanted that gorge promo but the price was a stupid one, as was the binaural promo last week that we were all involved with.

By the way good on you for getting Freak, where out of interest did ya find it?? Not on ebay I guess!!!
pdalowsky

Postby simopearl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:32 pm

that's true! let's hope some guys ( me included!!) will realize that would not be reasonable to spend such a high aomunt on these items..
Ebay now offers too many rare items and it's the biggest place to find them. If you want to have some nice stuff you have to look in other directions!! I got the Freak promo from a Japanese friend of mine ;) Knowing some guys working for radio stations or for the Sony would be definetly better!!! but i don't :cry: :cry:
I hope to get the items i'm looking for. not now ..maybe in the future??

The only thing to say it's: good luck!
simopearl

Postby Megadave » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:46 pm

guys...sorry...but i have my opinion!
there s one thing i don t understand!!
everyone knows how much money can use to buy an item...
i wanted binaural promo, gorge 7discs promo,japanese daughter s promo...but....prices are always so high for me!!
i decide...Dave,don t bid... :cry: :cry:

but why?...why???....why??...people start to bid 3,4,5......6 days before auction s end??
and when i see bid s history...i see people against people....and price become higher!!!
when i loose an auction with a pjcollector s member...i know item rest in the "family".
but when i see people start to bid 1000days before auction s end...i loose my patience and everytime i must choose(999 days before) and say.... "dave,don t bid"! :cry:

sorry guys...just my opinion
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby norman-grunge » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:54 pm

You're right Dave. I don't understand why so many people bid in the very beginning of an auction and then again days before the auction ends. Maybe I'm stupid but I don't get the fact.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby stupidmop » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:54 am

pdalowsky wrote:Guys, has anyone else noticed that whenever something new pops onto ebay, like a promo of some sort thats rarely seen, we all seem to bid against each other to bid the item up to silly money because we all want it so much!!! I keep seeing the same names bidding which seems daft really, as we are costing each other a fortune!!

Any thoughts, other than thats what a market is all about.....

I think that is impossible to do. :cry:

but I know that some items are impossible also for my wallet... :oops:
[url][img]
Code: Select all
[list][/list]
[/img][/url]
stupidmop

Postby massimo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:53 pm

norman-grunge wrote:You're right Dave. I don't understand why so many people bid in the very beginning of an auction and then again days before the auction ends. Maybe I'm stupid but I don't get the fact.

they have no experience on collectors world and on ebay,that's wy they place a bid and fight 1000 days before the auction end..
massimo

Postby Frank Gibson » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:39 pm

you are so right mennnnn
every time I decide the right price before and I bid also at the end of the auction
i think these are the first rules to consider for having a pj item at the almost right price

during the last months I can tell you that it is very hard to buy pearl jam items ...whyy?????????????????
ebay is a mess
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:21 pm

I think all the PJ releases this year have reawakened peoples interest in the band, pushing prices sky high

Appears there are people out there with huge sums of money that can outbid anything I put down, its simple that on such items I cannot always compete with them as no matter what I put they put more..

I guess thats life, and the market demand thing, can't complain really although it is so frustrating espcially when you set your heart on things
pdalowsky

Return to Private Collections