Insurance

Show other members your collection

Insurance

Postby jongopostal » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Hello all

I have quite a large vinyl collection (1500) of which PJ is a big part. I have recently found an insurance company that will issue me a Personal Articles Policy.

I need to put a value on each piece. (quite an undertaking).

Does anyone else have their collections insured? How did you come up with values? Ebay is not the best source as a single piece could have quite a variance in price.

Anywho, if anyone has any ideas they would like to throw in on this, I'm all ears.

thanks
John
jongopostal

Re: Insurance

Postby Megadave » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:23 am

long discussion about it here..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=602
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 am

So difficult, but ebay is the only real place of merit, as it shows the market value at a given time....ebay does like you say give fluctuations though when an item is badly described or put on the wrong ebay site and doesnt show on the .com variant.....

still probably the best to use.

At the end of the day insure them with high values or what you think is right, if you can mark on the policy your values, and they accept them at least you have adequate cover.

I prefer to use a policy that covers a specficed total amount for our house, this way I can photographically record what I have and keep a copy of that on file with my insurer,,., honestly though if the worst happened, the money would count for little, I would be gutted.
pdalowsky

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm

i remember the old discussion :)
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Return to Private Collections