South America '05

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

South America '05

Postby massimo » Fri May 23, 2008 4:07 pm

If someone are interested this is a fake

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-JAM-Poster-05 ... 0254213336

Cheers
massimo

Re: South America '05

Postby norman-grunge » Fri May 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks Massimo - it's good to know. But how do you know that it is a fake?
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby massimo » Mon May 26, 2008 7:17 am

According with Brad only S/N copies were sold and ALL the UNsigned are still in the 10C garage!
massimo

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon May 26, 2008 12:36 pm

i spuspected it was a fake
thanks so much

this is the 5-6 he is selling
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby VicSpeed » Mon May 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Grazie Massimo for the info!
VicSpeed

Postby massimo » Mon May 26, 2008 3:30 pm

yes the seller is doing a mass selling... :evil:
you're welcome guys! ;)
massimo

Postby elsargentopepper » Wed May 28, 2008 2:32 am

I bought one!! are you sure? well ,not selling this poster in the tour was kind of insulting for the people here in South America, but when I saw the poster on ebay was even more insulting, cause Stone said here, they will destroy all the copies, so no one could get more money of the fair price on ebay, so, now thinking they may be fake....
elsargentopepper

Postby massimo » Wed May 28, 2008 10:00 am

elsargentopepper wrote:I bought one!! are you sure? well ,not selling this poster in the tour was kind of insulting for the people here in South America, but when I saw the poster on ebay was even more insulting, cause Stone said here, they will destroy all the copies, so no one could get more money of the fair price on ebay, so, now thinking they may be fake....

100% sure.
Not selling the poster was not insulting but rispect for all the people in SA. You know, Stone stopped the sale because he care about his fans and the poster have an image too hard.
The band and 10C didn't sold this poster but only the copies in Brad's hands were for sale (signed and numered $300 at flatstock noe $150 on his site).
The posters that are floating on ebay are a well done fake as all the stock is in the 10C hands.
Hope this help !
massimo

Postby elsargentopepper » Wed May 28, 2008 2:02 pm

massimo wrote:
elsargentopepper wrote:I bought one!! are you sure? well ,not selling this poster in the tour was kind of insulting for the people here in South America, but when I saw the poster on ebay was even more insulting, cause Stone said here, they will destroy all the copies, so no one could get more money of the fair price on ebay, so, now thinking they may be fake....

100% sure.
Not selling the poster was not insulting but rispect for all the people in SA. You know, Stone stopped the sale because he care about his fans and the poster have an image too hard.
The band and 10C didn't sold this poster but only the copies in Brad's hands were for sale (signed and numered $300 at flatstock noe $150 on his site).
The posters that are floating on ebay are a well done fake as all the stock is in the 10C hands.
Hope this help !

I have to disagree, I was there and as many of the people here I think was kind of insulting. It was the firts tine in South America, and I don´t need to explain how we were all expecting to see and have the poster, I know the reason that Stone have, but they image of the poster should be checked before, the posters were here, and the selling was stoped in Santiago, besides fans are not childs, we are adults and can take our own decisions buying or not, and the image was not hard it all, nobody in south america likes how USA treats his "backyard", so we love the image!!

Anyway, the important is, I mailed the seller as soon I read this topic, here is what he said:

"Hello , Your friend does not know what he is talking
about. The posters I have is 100% original. This is from Pear
Jams own stock. While the others were given to Brad Klausen, he
signed them and was selling them for $300 each. As you know I
have been selling a few of these. You can tell your friend that if
these were fake, ebay and pearl jam would have closed my bids
down and taken me to court. this is the real deal. thanks for your
bids and buying them from me. if you have any other questions
feel free to contact me. thanks"

He could be lying, but also could telling the truth, If the only reason that massimo have to say it´s a fake is because all the other stock is in the hands of Ten Club (thing that we all knew from before), I think the chances are 50% - 50%, cause a filtration from the 10C is posible...
elsargentopepper

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed May 28, 2008 3:33 pm

filtration is possible from tenclub
i think someone from 10c do that sometimes or other persons
this ebayer have a lot of copies
i sold at now about 5-6 of it
he don't tell you where he found them
i don't think are fake cause when you will recieve it you will see the type of print and you will understand
let us know

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby massimo » Wed May 28, 2008 4:02 pm

What I wrote in my post are the words from Brad and Brad is from 10C and he told that none in the 10C stuffs "stolen" some posters even if the 10C could'n go against the band ideas.
I know this poster is silksccreened but the quality of the print isn't the way to find out if is legit or not, something similiar happened in 2003 with Texas '03, silkscreened but fake.
massimo

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed May 28, 2008 5:19 pm

i think that the quality can deserve to understand if something is fake or not but i may wrong

Frank Gibson

Postby elsargentopepper » Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:i think that the quality can deserve to understand if something is fake or not but i may wrong

I checked the poster and the quality is great, I can´t see any difference with another from the 10C, so it´s really hard to tell, but massimo seems to be very sure about this, I know something that I don´t, about the texas 03
elsargentopepper

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed May 28, 2008 7:10 pm

i don't know but i can tell you that ebayer is selling now other 6 posters ....i can't believe he has got all those posters so i would not heve bought one from him

i prefer to trust in what massimo told us

Frank Gibson

Postby dangerboy » Thu May 29, 2008 7:54 pm

klausen did confirm on bry at one point that a box of them had been received by someone who was selling them on ebay before brad opened artillery website, and he confirmed that they were authentic although not signed...
dangerboy

Next

Return to Posters/Memorabilia