South America '05

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

Re: South America '05

Postby elsargentopepper » Fri May 30, 2008 3:34 am

dangerboy wrote:klausen did confirm on bry at one point that a box of them had been received by someone who was selling them on ebay before brad opened artillery website, and he confirmed that they were authentic although not signed...

glad to read that
elsargentopepper

Postby massimo » Fri May 30, 2008 4:25 am

Glad to know that! Last time I spoked with Brad he still thought was a well done fake!! So these are stolen prints?
massimo

Postby dangerboy » Fri May 30, 2008 11:46 am

massimo wrote:Glad to know that! Last time I spoked with Brad he still thought was a well done fake!! So these are stolen prints?

not necessarily. these may indeed be fakes, it's just that there was a guy who was selling multiples before brad's site opened. he told a story of getting them out of some dead mail bin or something. the posters were unsigned, so people wondered if they were fake. he confirmed that at least the one box got out, that he had contacted the seller, and that the seller was entitled to sell them. so, at least one box (maybe 50 or 100?) of unsigned but legitimate posters got out to the public. i looked for the conversation on bry but didn't have time to search fully....
dangerboy

Postby dangerboy » Fri May 30, 2008 12:20 pm

found the bry thread. turns out it was started by brad klausen himself

http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums ... opic=18498

it's a long, meandering thread bry-style, but basically, he starts off not knowing what the deal is, the seller comes out and states that he has contacted brad and the band's lawyers and that he has full permission to sell them. people speculate that he got them through a postal auction, but the seller never confirmed it. brad continued to post in the thread, but never addressed the seller directly, and never disputed a thing he said. i was left with the impression that they were indeed legit...
dangerboy

Postby massimo » Fri May 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Thank you for this infos, now I/we know the full story. So now the question is....is better to buy this cheap print or the expansive signed ($150 from Artillery) ? :lol:
massimo

Previous

Return to Posters/Memorabilia