Guitar pick database

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

Re: Guitar pick database (updated)

Postby black angel » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:52 pm

I'm a long time pick collector and really like the update of the guitar picks.

What about the orange Jeff pick with RNDM on one side,and other side J.A., is that a solo pick or 2013?
I can't find it in the database.

I also have a different Stone sold to Pearl Jam at Birth.
On has SOLD TO , AT BIRTH in black , other one in white letters.

And i thought the yellow rat/PeARL JaM is also a Stone Gossard pick, not a random.

Jeff Ament /basso in gold brown, there is also one without white imprinting, only black, maybe a misprint

Jeff Ament one of his first picks from 1992 with the drawing and basketball style Pearl Jam logo(small to large) I only see the blue version but there is also a black
one.

Mike McCready My friends call me Mike, there is besides the black pick also a green version.
I head that on the back it says But you can call me Ritchie (from Ritchie Blackmore), it was the 1992 era when al 5 had their own joke picks.
But i never saw that side of the pick, only front of that green pick.

There is also a see through pick with a coffee cup on it and planet waves on the other side, I don't know if it is a PJ pick or which member.

Maybe someone has more info.
Last edited by black angel on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
black angel

Postby arq » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:03 pm

black angel wrote:What about the orange Jeff pick with RNDM on one side,and other side J.A., is that a solo pick or 2013?
I can't find it in the database.

I'm trying to keep it only about PJ not side projects, but if you and some others want to send me pics/scans of the side projects I'll gladly add them.

black angel wrote:I also have a different Stone sold to Pearl Jam at Birth.On has SOLD TO , AT BIRTH in black , other one in white letters.

I'm sure it's a misprint, I'll gladly add it to the database but maybe not to the main stone's picks because if we add every pick with a tiny difference we could end up with 200 picks looking almost the same, but again I'm open to suggestions, this is not my database, this is our database for Pearl Jam's picks by fans for fans.

black angel wrote:And i thought the yellow rat/PeARL JaM is also a Stone Gossard pick, not a random.

Some colors of picks are shared, some are more used by certain member of the band but there's a grey area, also I've never seen that pick in other colors so I guessed it was used by whomever needed it, but if you have more info please let's make this the best place to go for PJ picks!

black angel wrote:Jeff Ament /basso in gold brown, there is also one without white imprinting, only black, maybe a misprint

I'm sure it's a misprint, I'll gladly add it to the database if you have it

black angel wrote:Jeff Ament one of his first picks from 1992 with the drawing and basketball style Pearl Jam logo(small to large) I only see the blue version but there is also a black
one.

If you have it please send me a picture to my email (i'll send you a PM with my info)

black angel wrote:Mike McCready My friends call me Mike, there is besides the black pick also a green version.
I head that on the back it says But you can call me Ritchie (from Ritchie Blackmore), it was the 1992 era when al 5 had their own joke picks.
But i never saw that side of the pick, only front of that green pick.

Again if you have it or have more info please let me know, I've heard about this one but I've never seen it, but I'm certain it exist.

black angel wrote:There is also a see through pick with a coffee cup on it and planet waves on the other side, I don't know if it is a PJ pick or which member.

I've never seen it or heard about this one, it is possible but until we have a picture or some inside info I'd put it on "Maybe".

black angel wrote:Maybe someone has mor info.

thanks for sharing whatever info you have, this is what is all about!
arq

Postby dangerboy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 am

this is great work! will make sure images of everything i have are here...
dangerboy

Postby arq » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:06 am

dangerboy wrote:this is great work! will make sure images of everything i have are here...

Now we are talking, this is getting serious!
arq

Postby rival » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:13 pm

If we're posting known fakes, someone should grab a picture of this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddie-Vedder-Pe ... 35cfcc8cad

That thing doesn't even look close to real. Crap re-print and the sizing is all off and stretched.
rival

Postby arq » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:19 pm

rival wrote:If we're posting known fakes, someone should grab a picture of this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eddie-Vedder-Pe ... 35cfcc8cad

That thing doesn't even look close to real. Crap re-print and the sizing is all off and stretched.

Is it worthy to even post it? that pick is just too funny :lol:

This guy is a gentleman:

This auction is for an Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam Batman guitar pick.
This is a replica pick
arq

Postby rival » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:31 pm

^ Oh, I didn't notice the "replica" part. Still though, I don't understand why people would do this. Still constitutes as a fake.

Here's another one that looks pretty bogus. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251379257192?ss ... 1423.l2649

The real version of this pick was not glossy. It had that dull/powder look to it. I also don't have an original to compare to the picture but I would highly doubt that Mike would ever use a pick that thick. that looks really fat for mike.
rival

Postby arq » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:55 pm

rival wrote:^ Oh, I didn't notice the "replica" part. Still though, I don't understand why people would do this. Still constitutes as a fake.

Here's another one that looks pretty bogus. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251379257192?ss ... 1423.l2649

The real version of this pick was not glossy. It had that dull/powder look to it. I also don't have an original to compare to the picture but I would highly doubt that Mike would ever use a pick that thick. that looks really fat for mike.

Cosmohippo is a very respected collector, he used to have tons of great picks on eBay, I bought from him more than once and he gave me awesome picks for free too, he is a good dude. I'm pretty sure the pick looks like that because of the view/zoom of the camera, I'll get more info on that pick soon.
arq

Postby rival » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Yeah. If you can get some solid info on it, that would be good. It does look very suspicious though.
rival

Postby elwayvedder » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:17 am

Cosmohippo's stuff is the real deal as you don't have to worry about him ever selling anything not real

Now for the guy with the "replica" EV Batman picks, how many is he going to sell before Ebay does something? I think he's sold 3 or 4 over the last week. Maybe if everyone here reports him, Ebay will shut him down and help stop flooding the market with these terrible "replicas"
elwayvedder

Postby arq » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:23 pm

elwayvedder wrote:Cosmohippo's stuff is the real deal as you don't have to worry about him ever selling anything not real

Now for the guy with the "replica" EV Batman picks, how many is he going to sell before Ebay does something? I think he's sold 3 or 4 over the last week. Maybe if everyone here reports him, Ebay will shut him down and help stop flooding the market with these terrible "replicas"

I already reported him :(
arq

Postby rival » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 am

Looks like Stone has multiple picks this tour after all...Dammit.

rival

Postby elwayvedder » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:38 pm

rival wrote:Looks like Stone has multiple picks this tour after all...Dammit.

ISO this new one! (on the right)
elwayvedder

Postby arq » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks Scott, good eye, I added to the database and ISO, I don't know if I should be pissed or happy :lol:
arq

Postby rival » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:14 pm

arq wrote:Thanks Scott, good eye, I added to the database and ISO, I don't know if I should be pissed or happy :lol:

The record one has the same flipside as the lightning bolt one. It has that charcoal drawing on the reverse side.
rival

PreviousNext

Return to Posters/Memorabilia