PJ20 beer "faithfull ale"

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

Re: PJ20 beer "faithfull ale"

Postby VicSpeed » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:58 am

Are we sure it's possible to send the beer FULL?

Of course weight will be more... not sure if the shipping will be too much... :|
VicSpeed

Postby do.the.evolution » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:43 am

okay, just checked some beer forums.
The problem seems quite common, but it seems not unusual to sent beer overseas.
As I am no native speaker, I'm not sure to understand everything right,
especially the talk about the legality and the customs, and so on
maybe you better check this site for yourself :oops:

http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/how-to-i ... 181544.htm

They do have a rule about packing:

Use common sense when packing your trade. A good rule of thumb is that your package should be able to be dropped
from chest height and not be internally damaged. Use plenty of bubble wrap, peanuts, highly protective shipping
paper, or a styro shipper. Cushion is key. Don’t hesitate to ask more senior members about packing tips. The trade
forum is a good place to seek advice.

So, not easy, but possible.
I'm afraid you will need loads of packaging material,
but I still would love to have two bottles,
one to drink, and one to store :D
or maybe 4 bottles,
two to drink and two to store... :?
do.the.evolution

Postby Marc » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:39 pm

While shipping beer, wine and other alcohol is not permitted, it still does happen frequently. I have been able to find some excellent shipping boxes that are very strong and will keep two bottles separated so they can't touch. With extra bubble wrap around each bottle I am confident that they will reach their destinations without being broken.

The cost to ship two bottles to Europe is more than I was hoping for. I checked with UPS, FedEx, DHL, Airborne Express and USPS. The least expensive was USPS at around $50 (36 Euro). The next least expensive was UPS at $125 (90 Euro). The safest way is to send empty bottles USPS but I don't mind taking a chance by putting full bottles in the box. It depends on how adventurous you are feeling!

So far most people have wanted two bottles shipped but I can also send only 1 bottle if you prefer. The shipping cost would be $30 (22 Euro). There is no additional cost for the Faithfull Ale :D

If you are interested please let me know if you would like empty or full bottles shipped, and 1 or 2 bottles.
Marc

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Marc wrote:While shipping beer, wine and other alcohol is not permitted, it still does happen frequently. I have been able to find some excellent shipping boxes that are very strong and will keep two bottles separated so they can't touch. With extra bubble wrap around each bottle I am confident that they will reach their destinations without being broken.

The cost to ship two bottles to Europe is more than I was hoping for. I checked with UPS, FedEx, DHL, Airborne Express and USPS. The least expensive was USPS at around $50 (36 Euro). The next least expensive was UPS at $125 (90 Euro). The safest way is to send empty bottles USPS but I don't mind taking a chance by putting full bottles in the box. It depends on how adventurous you are feeling!

So far most people have wanted two bottles shipped but I can also send only 1 bottle if you prefer. The shipping cost would be $30 (22 Euro). There is no additional cost for the Faithfull Ale :D

If you are interested please let me know if you would like empty or full bottles shipped, and 1 or 2 bottles.

Would love two Marc please :D

Thrilla - we can share if you like - but otherwise id be happy to have one to drink and one to keep intact to go 'off' - is old off beer collectible? :lol:
pdalowsky

Postby Juggernaut » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Marc wrote:While shipping beer, wine and other alcohol is not permitted, it still does happen frequently. I have been able to find some excellent shipping boxes that are very strong and will keep two bottles separated so they can't touch. With extra bubble wrap around each bottle I am confident that they will reach their destinations without being broken.

Hello Marc

I would love to get 2 full bottles. Please let me know if you got my PM.

I will be in the USA in January, but i'm afraid these will all be sold out by then.
Juggernaut

Postby do.the.evolution » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:27 am

please, Marc, let me have two full bottles.
do.the.evolution

Postby Chrisilein » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:45 am

Hello Marc, i pmed you!
Really hope you can send me 1 bottle!
Chrisilein

Postby Marc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:30 am

Sorry for the delay, everyone!! I am still waiting for shipping boxes. It seems that they were delivered to my house last Friday when I was at work. When I got home that evening they were not there. I checked the next day and confirmed that they were definitely left on my front porch so it seems that someone has stolen them! :cry: :cry: It is really unfortunate but I have ordered more shipping boxes and will receive them at my office this time ;) :D I should have them by Thursday and I will be able to send out the packages on Saturday at the latest.

I feel bad about the delay. I was hoping to send these out last Saturday. Now I feel like the 10C with the shipping delay ;)
I hope you can bear with me through this slight delay.

Confirming shipping Faithfull Ale to these people:
Massimo - 2
theserialthrilla - 2
LostRebel - 2
do.the.evolution - 2
Paulina87 - 2
pdalowsky - 2
Chrislein - 1
Vicspeed - 2
Juggernaut - 2
Marc

Postby Juggernaut » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:37 am

That sucks for you, man. Who would steel boxes?

But don't feel sorry for the delay. It's awesome enough you want to do this for us. I take my hat of for you. And if there is anything you need let me know.
Juggernaut

Postby Marc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 am

Juggernaut wrote:That sucks for you, man. Who would steel boxes?

But don't feel sorry for the delay. It's awesome enough you want to do this for us. I take my hat of for you. And if there is anything you need let me know.

Yeah, I can imagine their faces when they realized they stole a box full of other boxes, ha ha!! It was just a big package on the porch so someone thought it might be something really good, little did they know it was only more cardboard!!
Marc

Postby LostRebel » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:40 am

No worries for the delay Marc. You are doing such a great favour to everybody, so only "thank you's" goes to you!

I think most of us had quite a few packages stolen from our mailboxes (or lost somewhere in the globe) in the past (myself included), so we know how that feels!!! :evil:
LostRebel

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:41 am

Marc wrote:Sorry for the delay, everyone!! I am still waiting for shipping boxes. It seems that they were delivered to my house last Friday when I was at work. When I got home that evening they were not there. I checked the next day and confirmed that they were definitely left on my front porch so it seems that someone has stolen them! :cry: :cry: It is really unfortunate but I have ordered more shipping boxes and will receive them at my office this time ;) :D I should have them by Thursday and I will be able to send out the packages on Saturday at the latest.

I feel bad about the delay. I was hoping to send these out last Saturday. Now I feel like the 10C with the shipping delay ;)

Massimo - 2
theserialthrilla - 2
LostRebel - 2
do.the.evolution - 2
Paulina87 - 2
pdalowsky - 2
Chrislein - 1
Vicspeed - 2
Juggernaut - 2

fantastic Marc, the delay isnt a slight issue im sure for any of us.....we appreciate you doing this in the first place. :D

Thanks again
pdalowsky

Postby Chrisilein » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 am

pdalowsky wrote:
Marc wrote:Sorry for the delay, everyone!! I am still waiting for shipping boxes. It seems that they were delivered to my house last Friday when I was at work. When I got home that evening they were not there. I checked the next day and confirmed that they were definitely left on my front porch so it seems that someone has stolen them! :cry: :cry: It is really unfortunate but I have ordered more shipping boxes and will receive them at my office this time ;) :D I should have them by Thursday and I will be able to send out the packages on Saturday at the latest.

Massimo - 2
theserialthrilla - 2
LostRebel - 2
do.the.evolution - 2
Paulina87 - 2
pdalowsky - 2
Chrislein - 1
Vicspeed - 2
Juggernaut - 2

fantastic Marc, the delay isnt a slight issue im sure for any of us.....we appreciate you doing this in the first place. :D

Thanks again

Thank you so much Marc! I'm sure that without your help i would not be able to get the PJ20 beer!
Chrisilein

Postby VicSpeed » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 am

Chrisilein wrote:Thank you so much Marc! I'm sure that without your help i would not be able to get the PJ20 beer!

Same here.

Thank you Marc!
VicSpeed

Postby massimo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:38 am

Come back to the forum... thank you so much Marc!
massimo

PreviousNext

Return to Posters/Memorabilia