Our posters collection

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

Re: Our posters collection

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Agreed Frank,

its been confirmed over there ......I'm definitely an idiot.....hey ho, if that makes them feel good about themselves let them get on with it.......kinda pathetic. As we are Newbies on there, and not part of the cool crowd, we're obviously arseholes.
pdalowsky

Postby dangerboy » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:06 pm

i think the problem they have is that you are using someone else's art to promote your band, which by the way plays someone else's music. do you do your shows for free? if not, you are profiting from other's art/creativity/originality.

they just have a much more harsh way of saying that at bry
dangerboy

Postby massimo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:06 pm

I think they colled me idiot too and I'm a member since '03....I don't understand what happened.... :shock:
massimo

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Fair do's Jimmy,

its not worth entertaining the idea really......the remarks are both sad and pathetic. Its definitely very easy to abuse people from behind a PC screen, must give a warm feeling inside or something...On the whole though my experience this year on BRY has been a rewarding one and I've come across some great people.....

But look to me its like this, Tribute bands are commonplace, the fact is people go and see them (not my thing by the way) so wheres the harm, its not like someone would forgo seeing Pearl jam because Frank here is on the same night doing a tribute...if anything the tribute act is nothing but a homeage and huge compliment to the band.....for fucks sake Eddie Vedder used to front a tribute band (if Antony Kiedis is to be believed)....so I dont see an issue there....

secondly, the poster isnt being made for profit, its a bit of fun and to support a hobby,

thirdly - by all accounts, Brad is ok with it.

Fourthly, is there any need to respond in that way? if you dont agree say dont offer your help, the guy was making a friendly request....

what the hell is the problem over there.... we're talking about a bunch of guys who (thankfully) are trading eddie Vedders solo tour openly, very contrary to Vedders request - and no one seems to care because they want to get their hands on it...me included, but then to say this is so bad because the art is being ripped is insane
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:17 pm

massimo wrote:I think they colled me idiot too and I'm a member since '03....I don't understand what happened.... :shock:

its ok Mas, I'm pretty confident you escaped ok.....

appears to be me and Frank!!!
pdalowsky

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:30 pm

I don't care about their opinion
I won't answer them cause I promised it to massimo ...I would be very happy to eat that fat man with my own words, I am very able to do something like this but I won't ....a promise is a promise
but I can tell you that I can't understand what happened
I think everyone can have his own think about a tribute band but nobody can call someone else as idiot.
you don't know me, you don't know anything about me and my band
i am very proud to spread the jam
Sometimes we do that for free, sometimes we manage to do a found raiser for EMERGENCY, sometimes we obtain a contribute to our expense
I don't have to explain how we do this and how my attitude is for it. I love to do that and I always will.

For our shows (we use to play very few times) I use a poster done by myself, a poster i sended for the actual contest too. It was done by me with a pencil, some paper and photoshop.
By the way, I would like to use also something about pearl jam but for us a poster is not something that have a money value
For us the poster is only an AD for the city where we are going to play ...only this, nothing more.

I think all this mess-up done by someone on the BRY is very strange and stupid

I am so sorry if someone was offended for something I said but I think that a SERIOUS & HONEST BOARD SHOULD HAVE A SERIOUS & HONEST ADMINISTRATOR TO AVOID THIS UNPLEASANT AND BAD ATTITUDE

In my board nobody could say something like that

IMO

That's all folks
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:I don't care about their opinion
I won't answer them cause I promised it to massimo ...

but not so sure about it ....I know my self, I come from the south italy ....there people have MAFIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :mrgreen:

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Lost Dog » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:26 pm

it's sad and strange but shit happens even in the Pearl Jam world, just a question: what's BRY? :?
Lost Dog

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:38 pm

black red yellow board ...www.blackredyellow.com

Frank Gibson

Postby dangerboy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:08 am

it's a poster collector's board
dangerboy

Postby Frank Gibson » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:04 am

ehy meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

brad klausen in person sended yesterday the pic to me ...

what an artist
take a look to the email:

"Hi Francesco
I don't have a lot of time to talk, very busy right now...but here's the image for you.
Have a good show

brad"

:mrgreen: .....fuck!

Frank Gibson

Postby Lost Dog » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:29 am

Frank Gibson wrote:ehy meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

brad klausen in person sended yesterday the pic to me ...

what an artist
take a look to the email:

"Hi Francesco
I don't have a lot of time to talk, very busy right now...but here's the image for you.
Have a good show

brad"

:mrgreen: .....fuck!

F**K Y*U BRY :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great Brad!
Lost Dog

Postby VicSpeed » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:38 am

Brad is a nice person.

I had a problem when I bought from his site a couple of weeks ago (the system charged 87$ SIX TIMES, 522 $!!) and he solved it in hours. ;)
VicSpeed

Postby massimo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Brad as sent a friendly email also to me, good!
I'm a BRY's member since 5 years and I never saw somethings similar, I think they understood that Frank want to draw posters for sale and the felt angry.
Anyway the goods things have a goods end!
massimo

Postby Frank Gibson » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:23 pm

yeah massimo
you are right
the only thing that i won't never understand is why all this infernal thing
They continue to do that also that brad answer me
and if you look also in other topics you can see that their attitudes is almost the same ...they do like a shitting thing falling down from someelse's ass :mrgreen:

what a "schifosissima" board

Frank Gibson

PreviousNext

Return to Posters/Memorabilia