Backspacer Promo Balls - CLEANING

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

Backspacer Promo Balls - CLEANING

Postby juancor70 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi, stupid question, but does anyone have any ideas on how to clean these damn balls?

I received mine and it has like some 'glue' that looks like crap and it makes the ball not be transparent. I've been noticing on the eBay auctions that they all have the same issue, that they're 'dirty' in some spots around the ball - I want it to be transparent and clean, any thoughts?

I tried washing them, no luck. Tried rubbing alcohol, no luck. Tried acetone (nail polish remover), no luck. Fuck, if I keep trying shit on them my next post will be to buy another one.---- HELP!
juancor70

Re: Backspacer Promo Balls - CLEANING

Postby arq » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzoARPa3XGs

Those bouncy balls are made of rubber, once they have any scratch is going to stay forever, normally they become kind of blurry and dull because of the large amount of mini scratches :(

Sorry man
arq

Re: Backspacer Promo Balls - CLEANING

Postby juancor70 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi man, thanks for the HILARIOUS and quick response.-

It was kinda 'double-entendre' (my post, I mean); so very resourceful of you...jajajaja...

Again, I really doubt that these dirty spots are from bouncing them. I received them like that... and it's like glue... not a scratch or anything like it. I'm sure that your balls have it to, so you know what i mean... (or at least almost every ball I've seen on ebay has that very same defect).

We gotta figure out what we can do to clean these balls people!!! jajaja...
juancor70

Return to Posters/Memorabilia