Signed Backspacer CD

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

Signed Backspacer CD

Postby Chrisilein » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:54 pm

I couldn't resist and bought this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... =all&tid=0

I really hope the signatures are legit. Any thoughts? The seller is offering several band signed CDs and videos for a woman working in the music industry! Well, it was € 50 which isn't very much. What do you think! Is it a steal, or is it lost money? :roll:
Chrisilein

Re: Signed Backspacer CD

Postby Chrisilein » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Here's the picture:
Chrisilein

Postby Lost Dog » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Chrisilein wrote:Here's the picture:

i don't care about signed items but, if you do, enjoy it! :D
Lost Dog

Postby norman-grunge » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:39 pm

I was in contact with the seller. He sounded very trustable. But you never know although they look real. So better gave this CD to me. :D
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby Chrisilein » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:49 pm

norman-grunge wrote:I was in contact with the seller. He sounded very trustable. But you never know although they look real. So better gave this CD to me. :D

Norman, YOU would deserve this CD but I'm sorry, this is my little baby! :D
Chrisilein

Postby pdalowsky » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:01 pm

A little suspect on the vedder and ament sigs Christoph....
pdalowsky

Postby Chrisilein » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:38 am

pdalowsky wrote:A little suspect on the vedder and ament sigs Christoph....

Oh, you think they are not legit? I tried to compare the sigs with other signed items i found at google images.com! Eds signature seemed ok to me...
Chrisilein

Postby pdalowsky » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:59 am

It's very hard to be sure, but here's my thoughts

Jeffs throws me the most - his sig is usually v consistent and always finished in the same way - his double crossed t is missing it seems. But it's very possible he was in a rush

Stone likewise, - he hasn't looped this as he normally does. It could be a Space thing though - I have an advocado cd signed by them from a charity event on launch. They did a few hundred and on the back there is q little smudging where they have piled them on top of each other, and boom is on the back as they ran out of space... Anyway Jeff signed only his first name as he had a small spot to get it in

Vedder - the first e doesn't seem eight to me. Again being rushed would explain this

Have you run this past ten club ? - they are very helpful with such things.....

Finally when you get this check carefully the pen pressures on each autograph. This can be a great indicator. Some fakers don't change this and between 5 people there is always a great difference

You can also run it past PSA online to get reassurance
pdalowsky

Postby Chrisilein » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:57 am

Paul, thanks for your thoughts! How can i use help from TC? Should i start a topic or is there a special person i should ask?
There are 2 things I was thinking of before i bought the CD:
1.) If the sigs are fake, is it really worth the work to create these autographs for € 47? Thats the price I paid on ebay.
2.) The seller had 100 % feedback and he is selling signed items of other bands, too.
Chrisilein

Postby arq » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:11 am

Chrisilein wrote:Paul, thanks for your thoughts! How can i use help from TC? Should i start a topic or is there a special person i should ask?
1.) If the sigs are fake, is it really worth the work to create these autographs for € 47? Thats the price I paid on ebay.
2.) The seller had 100 % feedback and he is selling signed items of other bands, too.

100% feedback on eBay doesn't guarantee the legitimacy of a signature, I'm with Paul on this one Jeff and Ed's signatures look fake, and yes sellers of fake sigs don't care if they sell their stuff for € 47, remember they pay € 4-€ 8 for a CD and they get € 47... so the profit is good anyway IMHO
arq

Postby Chrisilein » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:39 am

arq wrote:
Chrisilein wrote:Paul, thanks for your thoughts! How can i use help from TC? Should i start a topic or is there a special person i should ask?

100% feedback on eBay doesn't guarantee the legitimacy of a signature, I'm with Paul on this one Jeff and Ed's signatures look fake, and yes sellers of fake sigs don't care if they sell their stuff for € 47, remember they pay € 4-€ 8 for a CD and they get € 47... so the profit is good anyway IMHO

Alright! :(
Thanks for your help! It would have been better to ask you first...
Chrisilein

Postby arq » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:18 am

Chrisilein wrote:Alright! :(
Thanks for your help! It would have been better to ask you first...

Sorry my friend I've been a victim of eBay too :( I learned the hard way...
arq

Postby Chrisilein » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:56 am

Today, i received this message from the seller:

Hey Christoph,

Just to let you know that the cd was shipped today.
And yes... I did also get a message from the owner of the item.
But as I was on a holiday this weekend, I just read it now.
She write that the signatures are 101 % real but that they are obtained in different stages & places the same day.
Eddie Vedder signed when he was leaving the van/bus who brought him to the festival (so indeed... in a hurry and she thought it was raining to)
She met also Mike McCready backstage who signed the item personal.
But for the rest of the band the promotion team left a package of items in the artist/dressing room to let them sign (so she did not met this band members personal).
She got 3 signed items and just want to sell some of her personal autographed items because she need some money to move to the US.
And believe me... I had the chance to meet some other artists when I was lucky to join her on some concerts... and did get a lot of signed items to (and none of them are fake).
And believe me again (I'm for example a big Yes / Rush fan)... not one signature looks the same as the signing sessions often happens in difficult conditions.
So I hope this answer will satisfy you...
Let me know when the item has arrived, ok ?i

Best regards, Fred.

PS. I did also got 2 more mails from possible buyers short after you used the "buy it now" option.
They were still interested in the item and ask me if I want to sell other signed PJ stuff. (and one of them knows you personal he write me)...
So maybe the signatures aren't that bad at all :-)

I can't be sure about the autographs, but its nice that he cares about my questions!
Chrisilein

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:59 am

Chrisilein wrote:Today, i received this message from the seller:

Hey Christoph,

Just to let you know that the cd was shipped today.
And yes... I did also get a message from the owner of the item.
But as I was on a holiday this weekend, I just read it now.
She write that the signatures are 101 % real but that they are obtained in different stages & places the same day.
Eddie Vedder signed when he was leaving the van/bus who brought him to the festival (so indeed... in a hurry and she thought it was raining to)
She met also Mike McCready backstage who signed the item personal.
But for the rest of the band the promotion team left a package of items in the artist/dressing room to let them sign (so she did not met this band members personal).
She got 3 signed items and just want to sell some of her personal autographed items because she need some money to move to the US.
And believe me... I had the chance to meet some other artists when I was lucky to join her on some concerts... and did get a lot of signed items to (and none of them are fake).
And believe me again (I'm for example a big Yes / Rush fan)... not one signature looks the same as the signing sessions often happens in difficult conditions.
So I hope this answer will satisfy you...
Let me know when the item has arrived, ok ?i

Best regards, Fred.

PS. I did also got 2 more mails from possible buyers short after you used the "buy it now" option.
They were still interested in the item and ask me if I want to sell other signed PJ stuff. (and one of them knows you personal he write me)...
So maybe the signatures aren't that bad at all :-)

I can't be sure about the autographs, but its nice that he cares about my questions!

What I can tell you Christoph, is that what is being said here does add up.....I know that at shows, the promoters do leave out on a table a number of items for signing, some for charity etc....the band signs them usually altogether at this time, so its perfectly possible this is true....

but someone involved in the industry would know this....I guess the old advice is unless you see it signed its very hard to be 100%.

Still if you like it mate, what does it matter, display it nice and proud.....
pdalowsky

Postby Chrisilein » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:22 am

Thats what i am going to do with it, Paul! ;)
Chrisilein

Return to Posters/Memorabilia