How do I hang a poster?

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

How do I hang a poster?

Postby warsumm » Wed May 12, 2010 2:55 am

So, I have ordered a couple of the 2009 posters from 10c and would like to hang at least one on the wall yet i do NOT wish to depreciate the value of the poster etc. What is my best bet here? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
warsumm

Re: How do I hang a poster?

Postby pdalowsky » Wed May 12, 2010 3:43 pm

This really depends on what you mean by hang?

if you mean display? it depends where you want to display it...but general rules here on framing

1. decide if you want to pay for UV glass...I never have....but this depends on how much direct light your print will be subjected to
2. Select your framer carefully, some will attach your poster to the mounts, this is never good form....your poster should alwyas be removable from your frame
3. Is it to be placed in a humid area? if so ask your framer to seal the frame for you to stop mould appearing in the frame and affecting the poster
4. i would generally always use a double mount with colours that compliment the print, sometime triple mount
5. Never ever allow your framer to drymount - this is a crime.

Its dead easy really, but if you are not gonna frame, dont use pins, and be aware that whatever you do your poster will be ruined generally in the long run.

in the meantime store them safely in mylar sleeves in a flat art folder/box.....
pdalowsky

Postby warsumm » Wed May 12, 2010 6:28 pm

awesome advice. Thanks. i basically intend to store them in mylar but wanted to display one or two just to look at.
warsumm

Postby Frank Gibson » Sat May 15, 2010 12:52 pm

i love to put my posters in a double glass frame without bottom
so that you can see frame, poster amt the wall beetween
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Return to Posters/Memorabilia