Signed Backspacer promo 7" sleeve w. inserts

Share your thoughts about Posters and Memorabilia (Guitar Picks, Setlists, Backstage Passes, Other Stuff)

Signed Backspacer promo 7" sleeve w. inserts

Postby srm1981 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:09 pm

I was recently lucky enough to win a fully autographed (by all 5 members) Backspacer promo item in a competition on a music website. It's a standard 7" vinyl sleeve (no actual vinyl included!), with the "Pearl Jam" and "Backspacer" logos on the front. On the back of the sleeve is some promotional blurb about the album (release date, tracklist, credits, etc). The sleeve is signed in silver marker pen on the front by each Pearl Jam member. Inside the sleeve there are 4 double-sided artwork inserts, each side depicting a unique image from the Backspacer cover artwork. It's a really cool item, and as a life-long PJ fan I was totally thrilled to have won this!! I'm certainly not interested in selling, but I was curious about how much this might be worth. I have absolutely no idea when it comes to this sort of thing, and I just curious about the actual monetary value of something I was lucky enough to be given for free. Any ideas?
srm1981

Re: Signed Backspacer promo 7" sleeve w. inserts

Postby grdesigner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Can we see some photos?
grdesigner

Postby grdesigner » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:41 pm

WOW, that is awesome, never seen anything like it, I'm sure it could fetch upwards of $400 or $500 USD. What radio station did you win it from? Very nice, I'm jealous!
grdesigner

Postby srm1981 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Wow, worth that much huh? Thanks :) Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with it. I won it in a competition on Drownedinsound.com. It's basically the UK equivalent of Pitchfork.com in the States - so luckily for me there wasn't much interest in the competition and I walked away with it!
srm1981

Postby pdalowsky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:35 am

To be honest I think that's a little over value. Fully signed backspacer things have been selling via charity auctions for much less recently. Sure it's cool still. The only real comparison is the Uk oxfam auction that went for silly cash, but given the identity of the buyer that's not unusual - I think he prints his own money

still as you say the value is wholly irrelevant as you never intend to sell. And good for you.

Now if we see this on eBay at $400 we might not be so happy ;)
pdalowsky

Postby srm1981 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:32 am

Now if we see this on eBay at $400 we might not be so happy ;)

Hah! As a guy who has this band's logo permanently etched into his skin and has been all over the world to watch them play, I can safely say that I'd rather stick my own grandmother on eBay! ;)
srm1981

Postby pdalowsky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Ha ha nice one

get these things framed and displayed
pdalowsky

Postby theserialthrilla » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:31 pm

cool items ..ive seen them on ebay unsigned a few times....keep and enjoy them..

do you have a reserve price on your gran? ;)
theserialthrilla

Return to Posters/Memorabilia