Pearl Jam Free Agent

Talk about Pearl Jam related discography (Side Projects and Solo Projects..)

Pearl Jam Free Agent

Postby wes.c.addle » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:26 pm

link

METALLICA, PEARL JAM, BECK AMONG POSSIBLE 2009 FREE AGENTS
Point Music News provided by LaunchDaily
1/21/2009

Metallica, Pearl Jam and Beck are among the high-profile artists who may leave their labels in 2009 and join Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails and the Eagles as independent operators, according to Billboard.com. Metallica's contract with Warner Music Group was completed with the release last September of Death Magnetic, while Beck also fulfilled his obligations to Interscope/Geffen/A&M with last year's Modern Guilt. As for Pearl Jam, the band left Sony Music in 2002 and did a one-shot deal with BMG for the release of its self-titled 2006 effort, but has not re-signed with BMG for another cycle.

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich told us that finishing out the band's contract was a liberating experience: "It's awesome. I mean, to be out of your record contract, it's exciting just because of, what are the new -- and that's not anything disrespectful about the great bunch of people up at Warner Bros. Records. But it's just exciting to be able to communicate directly with your fans, and having the opportunities to do it, you know. I think that's really exciting."

Metallica is riding high with the success of Death Magnetic, which has sold more than 1.6 million copies, and is theoretically in a good position to handle its business itself.

Pearl Jam's 2006 record sold 704,000 copies, almost 200,000 more than 2002's Riot Act. The group's catalog is still handled by Sony. Sources say that Pearl Jam will self-release its next album, due out this summer, and work out distribution deals internationally.

Beck, on the other hand, had his lowest-selling major label release with Modern Guilt, which has moved just 262,000 copies. He has been vague about his plans in recent interviews.

Other acts that could leave the major-label fold this year include 50 Cent and Ryan Adams.

Radiohead pioneered a pay-what-you-want digital distribution model for its last album, In Rainbows, while Nine Inch Nails built upon that with various packaging options. The Eagles signed an exclusive distribution deal with Wal-Mart, which promoted the band's new music heavily.
Rodo from Monterrey
routine was the theme
wes.c.addle

Re: Pearl Jam Free Agent

Postby Frank Gibson » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:25 pm

as usual new album will be post-posed i suppose
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Re: Pearl Jam Free Agent

Postby massimo » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:30 pm

they can release itr throught Kufala and sold it on-line..
massimo

Return to Related Discography