Mad Season '95 LP

Talk about Pearl Jam related discography (Side Projects and Solo Projects..)

Mad Season '95 LP

Postby eyejacker » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey there,,
I was looking at my Mad Season LP today, and noticed that you dont have it on the site...
It has a cut corner (top right) which may indicate a promo, and the serial is C2 67057.
I was wondering if it's a fake or not, and if not, if you would like to post some photos on the site?
If anyone has any extra info on the item, I'd like to know...
Many thanks
eyejacker
eyejacker

Re: Mad Season '95 LP

Postby VicSpeed » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 pm

can you take some photos of that lp?...
VicSpeed

Postby norman-grunge » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 pm

It's the US version. But a cut corner doesn't indicate that it's promo.

Scans/pictures would be great nonetheless.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby eyejacker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:54 pm

...well, here you go...
It's not a great copy, by any means, but I was able to get it at a really good price...

I tried to to get the photos as good as possible...
Cheers
eyejacker
eyejacker

Postby VicSpeed » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Eyejacker, thanks a lot for the images! ;)

Norman: are there TWO Mad Seasons LPs (us & eur)????
VicSpeed

Postby eyejacker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:13 pm

You're welcome! :-)

Well apparently the other one is from Holland, no?
and is the reissue just around the corner?
eyejacker

Postby Megadave » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:41 am

VicSpeed wrote:Eyejacker, thanks a lot for the images! ;)

Norman: are there TWO Mad Seasons LPs (us & eur)????

eyejacker wrote:You're welcome! :-)

Well apparently the other one is from Holland, no?
and is the reissue just around the corner?

2versions...us-eu..
the sealed us version has a black sticker on front cover with info about band's member..
as mr.Carlsberg said i dont think that a cut corner indicates a promo item..
the new reissue is still not out there...
btw, great scans my friend..
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby eyejacker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Megadave wrote:
2versions...us-eu..
the sealed us version has a black sticker on front cover with info about band's member..
as mr.Carlsberg said i dont think that a cut corner indicates a promo item..
the new reissue is still not out there...
btw, great scans my friend..

Cheers Dave!
I hope you will find a stickered one, if you don't have one already! ;-)
I'll be on the lookout for you too... :-)
eyejacker

Postby LostRebel » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 am

Usually a cut-out or a punch-hole on an item means that the item for some reason was rejected during pressing, due to manufacturing defects (for example sleeve coloring, vinyl final weight, labelling etc) or other deviations from the manufacturing plant's processes and procedures. In some cases, a company decides not to destroy/recycle these items but to give them as "promos" to radio stations etc, in order to "save" good copies of the product and release them to the market (usually this happens with limited pressings).
It all depends on the manufacturing plant's or the record company's SOP's.

According to a friend of mine who used to work in a record company, sometimes a cut out or a punch-hole does in fact indicate an item (without defects) that was given in order to promote a release, but this doesn't come from the record company itself (otherwise it would have a promo sticker). Certain managers get an amount of copies to give to friends, radio dj's, journalists etc. and they make cut-outs/punch-holes in order to prevent others from selling the item as "new". Again, this also depends on the company's SOP's

"Columbia" and all affiliated companies (for example "Chrysalis") used to make cut-outs/punch-holes on vinyls during the 80's and 90's. And this was a policy that was followed with vinyl releases not only from the US, but also from Germany (or West Germany) and Greece.

By the way, cut-out or not, the Mad Season LP rocks!!! :D
According to MoV a re-issue is on the way. Maybe in time for Record Store day?
LostRebel

Postby VicSpeed » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 am

I ordered my new reissued Above LP from Amazon.de. some weeks ago. :)
VicSpeed

Postby eyejacker » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:09 pm

LostRebel wrote:Usually a cut-out or a punch-hole on an item means that the item for some reason was rejected during pressing, due to manufacturing defects (for example sleeve coloring, vinyl final weight, labelling etc) or other deviations from the manufacturing plant's processes and procedures. In some cases, a company decides not to destroy/recycle these items but to give them as "promos" to radio stations etc, in order to "save" good copies of the product and release them to the market (usually this happens with limited pressings).
It all depends on the manufacturing plant's or the record company's SOP's.

According to a friend of mine who used to work in a record company, sometimes a cut out or a punch-hole does in fact indicate an item (without defects) that was given in order to promote a release, but this doesn't come from the record company itself (otherwise it would have a promo sticker). Certain managers get an amount of copies to give to friends, radio dj's, journalists etc. and they make cut-outs/punch-holes in order to prevent others from selling the item as "new". Again, this also depends on the company's SOP's

"Columbia" and all affiliated companies (for example "Chrysalis") used to make cut-outs/punch-holes on vinyls during the 80's and 90's. And this was a policy that was followed with vinyl releases not only from the US, but also from Germany (or West Germany) and Greece.

By the way, cut-out or not, the Mad Season LP rocks!!! :D
According to MoV a re-issue is on the way. Maybe in time for Record Store day?

WOW!
Great info there!! Thanks LostRebel!!
My vinyl does look a bit thin/underweight... :(
I wonder if that is the reason...

Also, I just discovered a hand written note that was lodged between the two LPs where the spine connects... deep inside the actual sleeve.

Maybe the person I bought it from, took it from a school library or something.... :lol:
eyejacker

Postby VicSpeed » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:26 am

From Amazon.de

Guten Tag,

wir bedauern, dass wir eine Verzögerung bei Ihrer Amazon.de-Bestellung ankuendigen müssen.

Wir bitten um Ihr Verstaendnis: Leider hat sich das Erscheinungsdatum fuer den oder die unten aufgefuehrten Artikel aus Ihrer Bestellung # 028-6424242-4190747 vom Februar 24 2011 geaendert und damit auch das voraussichtliche Lieferdatum:

Mad Season "Above [Vinyl LP]"
Voraussichtliches Lieferdatum: Mai 04 2011 - Mai 09 2011

Bitte besuchen Sie die obigen Detailseiten, um diese Artikel eventuell bei anderen Anbietern zu finden.

Good day,

We regret that we have announced a delay in your order Amazon.de.

We appreciate your understanding: Unfortunately, the release date for the changed or the bottom up, ARTICLE from your order # 028-6424242-4190747 February 24 2011 and thus the expected date of delivery:

Mad Season "Above [Vinyl LP]"
Estimated delivery date: May 04 2011 - May 09 2011

Please visit the above detail pages for these items may be found in other brands.
VicSpeed

Postby eyejacker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Bummer!!
At least we know it's coming out!
Maybe it will be pre released on Record Store Day as LostRebel said....

LostRebel, any good record stores for finding PJ stuff in Athens i should know about? :mrgreen:
I just go to Monastiraki,,, found this http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1681 without the sticker a couple of weeks ago but didn't get it cause I had no money for it on me...
I wonder who got it, cause it's gone!!!
eyejacker

Postby LostRebel » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:15 am

VicSpeed wrote: Estimated delivery date: May 04 2011 - May 09 2011

It is the third or forth time this thing changes... Amazon first listed it with release date January 20... now this? Hope this is the final date.

eyejacker wrote:Maybe it will be pre released on Record Store Day as LostRebel said....

A list of RSD 2011 vinyls has leaked and it is not in there... But Vs LP Vitalogy LP and Immortality 7" is in there!

eyejacker wrote:LostRebel, any good record stores for finding PJ stuff in Athens i should know about?
I just go to Monastiraki

I rarely go there... These guys are selling LP's at the price of a Boeing 747! But I remember seeing a few PJ 7"'s about a month ago at one of them.
Try Solonos & Massalias (the one at Massalias & Kaplanwn) and certainly try searching the www. You can find many things, not only at the "famous auction site", but also at independant stores.
LostRebel

Postby eyejacker » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:08 am

LostRebel wrote:I rarely go there... These guys are selling LP's at the price of a Boeing 747! But I remember seeing a few PJ 7"'s about a month ago at one of them.
Try Solonos & Massalias (the one at Massalias & Kaplanwn) and certainly try searching the www. You can find many things, not only at the "famous auction site", but also at independant stores.

Thanks!! :-)
eyejacker

Return to Related Discography