Booooooooomm!!!!!

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Booooooooomm!!!!!

Postby Megadave » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:25 pm

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1502

i'm going to sleep.....

Sam....chapeau!!

ah ah ah...sam try to to understand me...but i must ask u, where u have found it??...

again...chapeau!!!
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Re: Booooooooomm!!!!!

Postby cropdustdair » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:37 pm

I'm confused...is it the audio only or is it an actual visual of the performance??
cropdustdair

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:37 pm

This reel-to-reel set is audio only. I've actually had this in my collection for a while but it just occurred to me that I could list it in the radioshow section since that category doesn't specify the format. I have a few other radio shows on reel-to-reel tape that feature Pearl Jam tracks but this is the only set I've seen that contains an entire concert. 8-)
bu$hleaguer

Postby Palavas » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Amazing item !
Congrats Sam !
07/11/1996 : Paris
08/06/2000 : Paris
09/09/2006 : Marseille - 11/09/2006 : Paris - 13/09/2006: Bern
28/06/2007 : Nijmegen

17/08/2009 : Manchester - 18/08/2009: London
Palavas

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:02 am

Thanks Fabien. It's great to have you back! ;)
bu$hleaguer

Postby Frank Gibson » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:20 pm

fantastic items those radio shows...but i think if we put on pjc we must put also boots from other formats...think about it :)
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Frank, I think that radio station issues are slightly more respectable and official than the countless other unofficial bootlegs. Many of these were produced with the blessing of the band/management. I consider these radio releases to be placed somewhere between official record label produced bootleg discs (like Live At The Deutschlandhalle and Live On Radio Fritz) and unofficial bootlegs.
bu$hleaguer

Postby Lost Dog » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:41 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:Frank, I think that radio station issues are slightly more respectable and official than the countless other unofficial bootlegs. Many of these were produced with the blessing of the band/management. I consider these radio releases to be placed somewhere between official record label produced bootleg discs (like Live At The Deutschlandhalle and Live On Radio Fritz) and unofficial bootlegs.

i agree
Lost Dog

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:42 am

bu$hleaguer wrote:Frank, I think that radio station issues are slightly more respectable and official than the countless other unofficial bootlegs. Many of these were produced with the blessing of the band/management. I consider these radio releases to be placed somewhere between official record label produced bootleg discs (like Live At The Deutschlandhalle and Live On Radio Fritz) and unofficial bootlegs.

that is one phenomenal item Sam, out of this world in fact,

would agree with the above too...
pdalowsky

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:36 am

I think some of these radio boot are only boot ...i mean not from radio ...like every boots that can be found on ebay ...ok no problem

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby bu$hleaguer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:39 pm

Which ones do you mean, Frank? I think that all the radio promos currently listed on the site are official. All of these are from the US, but I know of at least one from a European radio station. Does anyone have this item?
bu$hleaguer

Postby Megadave » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:15 am

"RADIO 1-RAI" is the main,first,greatest italian radio, Sam....to give u an idea,it is like The BBC..it is tv and radio....so this cd is like the BBC cd u have scanned...
i think u can go with a scan of it for pjc without problem....i remember that everytime pj come in italy....RADIO RAI give us the concert or an old live to promote the event...
i still have something from Radio-Rai from the no code and yield era but...recorded on a..."home-tape"!! :lol:

nice item...add it!!
Personally,i agree with u...i'm not a collector of radio stuff but i think we can give them a place between official live and boots....if someone in this forum has this stuff(and i know,Sam,u have everything!! ;) )...i think it's a great thing show it on pjc!!

about the fake boots...it has been a choice to not show them on pjc( and personally i totally agree with this choice!!),but i see in other collector's site that they have always a specific section....cause it's possible that some boots are considered very important or rare for different reasons and they can have a great value...more than an official live from record company.
(4 example in Doors's discography during these years company has pressed many concerts on cd...they are official but without value....but there are some old boots on vinyl where their value goes from $1000 to $5000!)
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:17 am

Yes Dave I'd agree, a radio show (like the many atlanta 94 shows) can be considered legit, most are band authorised...

I'm not so into the unofficial boots, they had their time in the nineties when live recordings were hard to come by, I would give them the time or day these days though, the sound quality is often appalling and no where near matches the often fantastic packaging

another nice item Sam, your house will be a museum before long!!!
pdalowsky

Postby Megadave » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:37 am

yes Paul..
the only thing funny to have a section for unofficial boots is scans of their covers and inserts..
there are some booots with beautiful pj photo!!
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:52 am

Megadave wrote:yes Paul..
the only thing funny to have a section for unofficial boots is scans of their covers and inserts..
there are some booots with beautiful pj photo!!

...and this is a super fantastic reason to have an unofficial section :D

but you all know how i think about it ;)

Frank Gibson

Return to Pearl Jam Discography