Ten BasketBall Picture LP - How to recognize the PIRATED one

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: Ten BasketBall Picture LP - How to recognize the PIRATED one

Postby Frank Gibson » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:22 pm

I sended a couple of email to ebay to stop this fake copies
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby norman-grunge » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:I sended a couple of email to ebay to stop this fake copies

Good job but I doubt they will cancel the auctions. It's also their money thah they earn with these auctions. It's also not so easy to prove the fake just from the picture in the auction. But let's see if something happens. I really fear that most people who have bought a fake even don't know it that they have a fake. That's the sad point.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby Lost Dog » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:51 pm

norman-grunge wrote: I really fear that most people who have bought a fake even don't know it that they have a fake. That's the sad point.

Sad but true...ops!
Lost Dog

Postby lukinreprise » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:17 pm

I didn't realize that there were many pirated basketball LPs out there before my girlfriend won an auction on eBay. we haven't recieved the LP yet, but from what you can tell in the picture.. does this look like a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0136296431

If it is a fake, what is the easiest way to get it taken care of? We used PayPal..
lukinreprise

Postby simopearl » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 am

i really hope your copy is genuine. however, if it's a fake, all you have to do is to open a contestation usiing Paypal. you have to explain you recieved an object NOT ORIGINAL. at this point Paypal will try to contact the seller in order to find a solution. if, after 20 days no solution will be found, you have to convert it inot a claim and Paypal will consider your situation and (probably)refund you. You have to help them giving all the info required such as images of the item won and the link to this site (it's a personal advice).

good luck!
simopearl

Postby dangerboy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:58 pm

lukinreprise wrote:I didn't realize that there were many pirated basketball LPs out there before my girlfriend won an auction on eBay. we haven't recieved the LP yet, but from what you can tell in the picture.. does this look like a fake?

If it is a fake, what is the easiest way to get it taken care of? We used PayPal..

when you receive it, have it with you when you come back to this thread and start with post #1...
dangerboy

Postby lukinreprise » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:58 am

dangerboy wrote:
lukinreprise wrote:I didn't realize that there were many pirated basketball LPs out there before my girlfriend won an auction on eBay. we haven't recieved the LP yet, but from what you can tell in the picture.. does this look like a fake?

when you receive it, have it with you when you come back to this thread and start with post #1...

Well I planned on doing that for sure, I was just asking if anybody would be able to tell by just that picture..
lukinreprise

Postby warsumm » Thu May 06, 2010 4:55 am

http://hottracksmusicstore.mybisi.com// ... tus-seller

I have purchased this LP recently and have yet to receive it to authenticate it, though i did go through Paypal so I should be safe regardless. The pics on the page appear to show a legit version as the magenta ink is faded, but it could be a stock photo. Just wondering if anyone here knows of this store and if it is legit. Thanks for any help!
warsumm

Postby massimo » Thu May 06, 2010 9:19 am

warsumm wrote:http://hottracksmusicstore.mybisi.com//product/pearl-jam-ten-basketball-picture-lpmintus-seller

I have purchased this LP recently and have yet to receive it to authenticate it, though i did go through Paypal so I should be safe regardless. The pics on the page appear to show a legit version as the magenta ink is faded, but it could be a stock photo. Just wondering if anyone here knows of this store and if it is legit. Thanks for any help!

I don't know that store but seems that sells fake pdk..
massimo

Postby VicSpeed » Thu May 06, 2010 10:14 am

I think it's a fake Ten... :|
VicSpeed

Postby Megadave » Thu May 06, 2010 11:22 am

+1!!!

it becomes quite difficult to find, today, the original one

u should wait that an old collector decides to sell his copy (recently there was one official old pdk on ebay)..

and in everycase, show our thread to sellers asking more info and try to explain them these little differences..
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby warsumm » Thu May 06, 2010 1:19 pm

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalo ... &from=GBUS

anyone know much about this place, eil.com. How does this one look?
warsumm

Postby Megadave » Thu May 06, 2010 1:33 pm

warsumm wrote:http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=506445&from=GBUS

anyone know much about this place, eil.com. How does this one look?

Eil SHOULD...SHOULD..have the original one!!!
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby warsumm » Thu May 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Ok, I took a shot and bought the one on EIL I have cancelled the original order with Hot Tracks Music Store or at least emailed and requested a cancellation. I now do think it's a fake due to the fact that it was so cheap, was listed as new, and they seemed to have several copies. I have read on another site on concerns over some of the fan club singles on vinyl. Is there a topic on here that deals with that or several perhaps. Im specifically concerned if there any fakes of the "Rhino" single ie: Let Me Sleep, and the Jeremy 12" UK picture. Thanks a lot for all you help. I've been a HUGE PJ fan for years and have just recently gotten off my stupid ass to do some collecting.
warsumm

Postby Megadave » Thu May 06, 2010 1:53 pm

warsumm wrote:Ok, I took a shot and bought the one on EIL I have cancelled the original order with Hot Tracks Music Store or at least emailed and requested a cancellation. I now do think it's a fake due to the fact that it was so cheap, was listed as new, and they seemed to have several copies. I have read on another site on concerns over some of the fan club singles on vinyl. Is there a topic on here that deals with that or several perhaps. Im specifically concerned if there any fakes of the "Rhino" single ie: Let Me Sleep, and the Jeremy 12" UK picture. Thanks a lot for all you help. I've been a HUGE PJ fan for years and have just recently gotten off my stupid ass to do some collecting.

u're welcome...

ask everything, no prob..

about the Rhino and jeremy, for what we know at moment...no fakes out there..
Mention this to me

Megadave

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography