Ten BasketBall Picture LP - How to recognize the PIRATED one

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: Ten BasketBall Picture LP - How to recognize the PIRATED

Postby type_r_2401 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:42 pm

i have one.... Easy Money...
Some guys sell this fake at high prices and dont tell that is fake...
i bought one of that fakes to do a clock:D
15 euros;)
type_r_2401

Postby hormoaner » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Found a copy of this record at a Swiss record fair for CHF 40 (USD 44 approx.). All signs on this forum tell me this is a legit copy. However, the record is sealed, and I'm not sure this is the original packaging - as the record is facing up the dark side and not the basketball image.

Therefore, I cannot see the degree of purple on the basketball image. But then again this is the only sign I cannot see.

Anybody bought a legit copy sealed? Is it normall to have the record facing up the dark side?

Thanks,
Peter - new on here

PS: Great forum, great source of info!
hormoaner

Postby kdyvelkov » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Hi and welcome

There can be a number of reasons, if it was sealed from the start (I don't know this), it can be packed the wrong way or the record dealer can have resealed it, I know that a lot of used record stores do that, and then there is the possibility that it is a fake, but don't sounds that way.
Kenny
kdyvelkov

Postby hormoaner » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:51 pm

:D Guess I stroke a good deal for my first (rare) PJ record.
hormoaner

Postby Mango » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Open it up and hold it in your hand, hug it and smell it :lol: Its one of my fav PJ pieces so enjoy it!!
Life comes from within your heart and desire
Mango

Postby evsgjamm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:58 am

Is the seller "anfipigo" on eBay known to anyone here as a seller that sells fakes? He has a copy of the basketball vinyl for $250 USD and I bought one from him in 2011 for $75 and am now curious as to it's authenticity. I'd be p#$#ed if I have a fake. I'm away from home for the next couple weeks and will check the details on my vinyl when I'm back home. Will PayPal and eBay help me out if it's deemed a fake OVER A YEAR after I purchased it? Main question... is this seller reputable or should he be added to the list of scammers? Thank you.
evsgjamm

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 am

evsgjamm wrote:Is the seller "anfipigo" on eBay known to anyone here as a seller that sells fakes? He has a copy of the basketball vinyl for $250 USD and I bought one from him in 2011 for $75 and am now curious as to it's authenticity. I'd be p#$#ed if I have a fake. I'm away from home for the next couple weeks and will check the details on my vinyl when I'm back home. Will PayPal and eBay help me out if it's deemed a fake OVER A YEAR after I purchased it? Main question... is this seller reputable or should he be added to the list of scammers? Thank you.

not heard of this ebayer

but let us know what you discover, it could be quite innoncent however if he did sell a fake that he bought in.

sorry man the paypal thing is well out of time.
pdalowsky

Postby do.the.evolution » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 pm

he's from Portugal, right?
I know him as a seller who sells PJ items for absolutely exaggerated prices.
Often very exclusive items.
I once bought a crash shirt from him, seemed okay.
But I can't imagine that he sells a legit copy of this vinyl for 75$, he knows the value of PJ items very well, I think.
Sorry bout that
do.the.evolution

Postby evsgjamm » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:47 am

Ladies 'n germs, I have an announcement to make about an eBayer who is selling of FAKE vinyl. He goes by the name of "Andre" and his eBay handle is "anfipigo."

He has a basketball vinyl up right now listed at $275. I have communicated with him over this vinyl asking him to verify it's authenticity. Please read our communications below:

Dear anfipigo,

You have a lot of Pearl Jam items I'm interested in, this is one of them. Can you please post (or personally email me) more photos of the basketball LP? I would really appreciate close-up, detailed, large images that I can examine the detail of both sides of the vinyl. I need to know for myself that this is an authentic OOP original.

Thank you for your understanding.

- evsgjamm708q

Dear evsgjamm708q,

Hi there,
You can see the pictures here:
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1407/dsc09247l.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6528/dsc09246d.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/408/dsc09245j.jpg
Best Regards,
Andre

- anfipigo

Dear anfipigo,

Is this actually a fake? If it is I will be forced to report it to eBay. You have to prove to me it's authentic like your description claims. There are too many people making fake memorabilia and I hope you're not one of them. Prove to me that this is an original Sony pressing and not a reproduced one please and I may proceed with bidding. I'm a big fan of this album and only want originals, not fakes. Thank you.

Best regards.

- evsgjamm708q

Dear evsgjamm708q,

Hi there,
I don't know how to check if it is a fake. It seems original to me.
Best Regards,
Andre

- anfipigo

Dear anfipigo,

Read it here and you will be able to then tell me if its fake or not. This is why I specifically requested detailed images of your disc. This small article should clear this up between us pretty simply.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=890

Thank you kindly

- evsgjamm708q

Dear anfipigo,

Hello,

How's it going today? After reviewing the article I sent you, have you a better idea on the authenticity of the vinyl I'm interested in?

Thanks again.

- evsgjamm708q

Dear evsgjamm708q,

Hi there,
As I said you before it seems legit.
Best Regards,
Andre

- anfipigo

Dear anfipigo,

Andre,

Please, for I'm very interested in buying this, send me some much more detailed photos. I would like to see the images on the sleeve and the record much closer to examine the detail. I can spot the differences myself. Thank you kindly.

- evsgjamm708q

Dear evsgjamm708q,

Hi there,
Let me know you e-mail address.
Best Regards,
Andre

- anfipigo

Here are the pics he emailed me.

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/7276/p1030805f.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img560/4552/p1030799c.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img543/1313/p1030804r.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img141/5188/p1030801g.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/1302/p1030795v.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img525/8002/p1030793j.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img268/7084/p1030797f.jpg

Hope these images are large enough and in detailed enough for you to scrutinize for yourselves. The originals I have clearly show all the tell-tale signs of a fake version. Blurred writing, faint colours, less detailed image of the band members, no semi-circular cut out on the sleeve. It's all there. Don't buy from this guy on eBay.

KORITFW
evsgjamm

Postby VicSpeed » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for sharing your emails with this "seller"

of course he is selling a FAKE Ten picture disc.
VicSpeed

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:50 am

Seems to be a fake

but it also seems he had genuinely no idea that it was fake. He wouldnt send so many close up pics if he was consciously trying to shaft someone. I think he was just far too lazy to actually check the link you rightly sent him and as it 'looked' legit to him he was confident it is.

Most probably he has been burned in buying this in at some point.

I had a few of these vinyls at one point and I bought them at a time when i had no idea what was real and fake, thankfully i believe they were real but could have also been very easily burned back then
pdalowsky

Postby theserialthrilla » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:31 am

just ordered the brazil picture disc (fake?)but got sent a basketball...

lol joy.

but i also noticed(im sad) the fake is about 1-2 mm bigger you can put it ontop the original and they dont match up

it overlaps and its also thinner on the edge of the vinyl .sharp almost to the touch .

ok going back to my padded room now..
theserialthrilla

Postby Lightning Bolt » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi everyone! New to the forum, but not Pearl Jam.

So I have this disc and got it back in the early 90s. Is it safe to assume it's real? I would think so, but in looking at the comparisons, I think the writing on the basketball looks too good. But I've had this for over 20 years; it has to be legit, right?
Lightning Bolt

Postby norman-grunge » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 am

If you have your copy for more than 20 years it must be official. The fake copies came up a few years ago.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby Lightning Bolt » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:16 am

That's what I was thinking. But I just needed to hear someone agree with me! :D Thanks!
Lightning Bolt

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography