Happy days... one more vinyl

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Happy days... one more vinyl

Postby tope » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Hey guys,

Today, is a happy day, I have hopefully (maybe probably) secured PJ self titled on vinyl, which completes my studio album collection on vinyl!

I am still utterly heartbroken about my LO2L catastrophe, so this has gone a long way to making me feel better.

However, it is a private offer from somebody off the message pit. A very kind offer too, I might add, I don't think he will be making money off me.

I am just not sure how to go about the transaction, I've asked him the best way but I thought you guys might know too, it's a bit tricky since he is in US and I am in NZ. Is it better to do some kind of money order from the bank in USD and send to him?

It is very hard also because it's a trust thing obviously, and since my track record for vinyls making it to me is not good, I will be a bit nervous till I see it. But, as I'm sure some of you can relate, I NEED this album man. I really do. And I have looked everywhere here in NZ, tried all the people I can think of, and nothing. I want that self titled. It makes all the studio albums! And I know what will happen next. I will move on to those other albums, and all the other vinyl, like those gorgeous 7" record's some of you guys have.... (probably only a girl would call them gorgeous :) )

Also, what is an acetate? I did my best to look and search for a meaning but couldn't find anything on here. If anyone has the time for a quick explanation it would be appreciated. No biggie though.

Nice to see you all again,
Tope
Last edited by tope on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tope

Re: Happy days... one more vinyl

Postby tope » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:45 am

Sweet as, we just sorted it, Western Union it is....

no doubt you will hear from me when I recieve it (positive thinking)

A happy girl I shall be!
tope

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 am

Hey Tope.

congrats on your vinyl find....hope it reaches you ok..

as for the acetate, its what can onyl be described as a promo or advance copy of an album, that rather than being printed onto a disc like you would normally expect from a normal version, its printing is on a paper 'acetate' which is stuck on the disc, the most obvious example of this in my view is the quite regularly seen elderly woman promo....check it out - its on ebay.co.uk now.

as for western union, that rocks, but by god its expensive, paypal is always preferred if available....
pdalowsky

Postby Frank Gibson » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:14 pm

tope ....you are so able to find special lps ...always ...always
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby tope » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:37 am

Ha ha, I have been looking at the 'collections' pages, and it makes me feel like such a dork... you guys all have so much... and I am going on about my "collection" of 8 PJ records! ha ha ha makes me laugh

although I do love my records so...

and I wish i was a millionaire! Have decided my next purchase shall be.... (drumroll please)

the Go 12"vinyl. Thats what's going to kick off my 12" collection.

Cause I got a soft spot for 'alone'. At least you guys may understand these things more than my kiwi friends, they mostly just don't understand my love of PJ vinyl.

I am awaiting my self titled in the mail, I used western union and ouch! it hurt. But the pain will fade away when I get that record! I will, no doubt, tell you guys when it gets here. In fact I was just tempted to take a photo of my "collection" and put it on here...I feel like a little kid trying to play with the big boys :roll: .
tope

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 am

Tope, we all start somewhere, get the picture on!!
pdalowsky

Postby Yuri » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:24 pm

Hey Tope!

Don't worry about the size of your collection!
I think I can speak for most if I say it's also really a lot about our passion of collecting Pearl Jam records etc.
It's a great little geeky community here, and that's what I love about it!
I have been collecting Pearl Jam shows ever since 1991, and never really paid too much attention on the "official releases" etc, and missed out on quite a lot of things because of that, and only these last few years really learned the fun and value about collecting their stuff!
Even I feel small compared to some great collectors here.

But, reading here, you can learn so much from these great people here.
It's good to know it all comes together in this one place!
Enjoy collecting, and share your joy!
(for me it's like christmas whenever I get another cd single or other item that I bought in the mail! haha)
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Return to Pearl Jam Discography