Braz promos!!!

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: Braz promos!!!

Postby bu$hleaguer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:21 pm

Good idea, Vic! Go for it!
bu$hleaguer

Postby massimo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:54 am

yes, lets talk!
massimo

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:16 am

the more input the better I figure....at least someone may have some good information.

Been thinking this over, surely if this guy has the contacts he claims in the labels,k would it be so hard to get something to authenticate the stuff he sells?
pdalowsky

Postby dangerboy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:47 pm

pdalowsky wrote:As for the why would anyone go to the lengths to make the gorge thing fade in and out for radio play? at 950 bucks a pop I can see good reason. Plus do radio edits actually ever fade out on the actual CD anymore? dont the DJ's do that through their equipment?? (I'll have to check how the selections from Gorge that Rhino put out sounds and see if that fades to be sure on this point though)..

still great discussion and some interesting points, for me the reply to Dave speaks volumes.....

i'm in radio. i should answer this.

radio versions are just that: for radio. live tracks that are faded out are faded on the cd sent to radio, imho. the version is prepared for radio so that it will be easy for them to play. if a station is playing something from a regular version live cd, it is likely a track not promoted by the record company, and so yes they would fade the version loaded into the computer. (most radio stations do not play cds on the air anymore. they are played once, to load them into the software program they use on-air, but then only held as an archive in case the computer crashes or something.) but a live track on a promo single would almost always be likely to be faded out at the end, so that the extra effort of doing this "post-production" is not left for the radio stations to have to do.

and to dave and everyone: i think this is exactly the kind of discussion that needs to be on a site such as this one. i for one am glad to have a place such as this with such knowledgable and experienced people who know soooo much, and who care for their fellow collectors...
dangerboy

Postby simopearl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:52 pm

OK FOR ME TOO
simopearl

Postby pdalowsky » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:03 pm

thanks Jimmy, another example of someone in the know....
pdalowsky

Postby norman-grunge » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Our friend is back with some "new" promos:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/raritiesbrazil

I think he wants to pop up his fakes with some legit items in between. :evil:
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:51 am

:evil:
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby pdalowsky » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:15 pm

total bullshit
pdalowsky

Postby hector » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:44 pm

hey,
as someone referenced me i thought i`d make a correction about the brazil bootleg lp shown in an earlier post.

this lp is well known among metallica collectors as being a bootleg, it did NOT sell to jari for $3500 as i know jari and he knows it`s a bootleg, this lp is quite hard to find with the poster but is still only $150 or so.

hector
hector

Postby Megadave » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:21 pm

hector wrote:hey,
as someone referenced me i thought i`d make a correction about the brazil bootleg lp shown in an earlier post.

this lp is well known among metallica collectors as being a bootleg, it did NOT sell to jari for $3500 as i know jari and he knows it`s a bootleg, this lp is quite hard to find with the poster but is still only $150 or so.

hector

OMG!!!! :o
are u heckippy???

what an honour!!! :D

mate, i think this is an old discussion closed time ago..
we resolved it when Dands printed these cd just (with insert too...and great that "limited to 30copies"!!) for tmcc members:

mmhh...the kill to be honest, it's not a good example cause we dont talk about bootz (that u know better than me, they have a great market,not the same thing for pj!!)...we talk here about fake cd promo...and as u suggested me time ago i checked the right topics on tmcc and talked with few cdpromo collectors that confirmed our impression about these cd...
i know they bombarded seller with thousand of questions...
btw this story seems definitively closed..today the new era of fakes seems come from the uk..for the pj as for the metz...

but welcome again mate, it's a pleasure to have your long time experience here. :D
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Previous

Return to Pearl Jam Discography