Vs Lp - US 2nd Pressing?

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Vs Lp - US 2nd Pressing?

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:59 pm

I found a Vs album that doesn't match any of the others I've seen. It looks like the normal US pressing (Z 53136) but with a few differences. I first noticed it when I was comparing the printing on the spine. "Epic Associated Stereo" is printed lower than the rest of my copies of the US pressing and the barcode is different with some of the lines extending further than the rest.

It is sealed so I don't know what the vinyl is like. Does anyone else have a copy like this? Could it be a second US pressing?
bu$hleaguer

Re: Vs Lp - US 2nd Pressing?

Postby Megadave » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:29 am

uhm,interesting...
i ve only 2copies, promo and regular...both sealed...they seem the same press, in epic logo position on spine and in lines's barcode...

it could be a second press cause i think in '93 lps are more present and sold in stores...but in meantime, it could be only some little difference(..."mistake"..?) during vinyl's production...it can happen...
if we don't have an opened copy, we can't be sure..
btw...always interesting observations,Sam...and great job with vinyl's pics...i think they're nice.. ;)
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:06 pm

don't know
i will check mine but maybe only a little difference during the production
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:25 pm

I have the upper version and the barcode is with no line extending so i think there are two usa different version

ps I have also a TEN SIMLY VINYL 180 gr with different sticker from your ....no 180 written on it ...don't know why

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Megadave » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:42 pm

yeah...my 2 copies are with short barcode lines...but promo sticker it's an obstacle.....i think it's still hard to say that it's true 2nd press...we must wait for an opened copy in future...

....strange 180gr missed on sticker...but on this version,Frank, do u have a simple vinyl circular sticker on back cover too?
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:49 pm

no the sticker is the same ....the silver rectangular one with nearly the same things written on...except the "180 gr."

Frank Gibson

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:51 pm

the last thing ...the mistake in the name of mccreedy is also in my copy ...i think all of them are in this way

Frank Gibson

Postby bu$hleaguer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Frank, is your 180gr in a custom Simply Vinyl plastic sleeve (embossed logo)? It seems that my copy is missing the round sticker on the back (I can still see the sticker residue). Dave, maybe you can make a scan for the website.
bu$hleaguer

Postby norman-grunge » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:43 pm

I think the lower printed text on the spine could be a little misprint but the barcode label is new for me too. I have the other one like most of us here. But I wouldn't speak as a 2nd US copy. Buta nice find nevertheless.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:Frank, is your 180gr in a custom Simply Vinyl plastic sleeve (embossed logo)? It seems that my copy is missing the round sticker on the back (I can still see the sticker residue). Dave, maybe you can make a scan for the website.

yeah embossed logo but not a rounded sticker on the back too
i have the original wrap it is not sealed on the spin and no rounded sticker on it

Frank Gibson

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:34 pm

FORGOT: ehi bush another versus promo for you :twisted:

Frank Gibson

Postby bu$hleaguer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:49 pm

norman-grunge wrote:I think the lower printed text on the spine could be a little misprint but the barcode label is new for me too. I have the other one like most of us here. But I wouldn't speak as a 2nd US copy. Buta nice find nevertheless.

Norman, the text on the spine is too drastic to be a misprint. I have several copies of the US pressing (promo and regular) and the text on the spine lines up almost exactly, except for this copy. Plus, with a different barcode this CANNOT be a printing error. Unless this was made in another country using the same catalog number (Canada?), I think this must be a US reissue.
bu$hleaguer

Postby norman-grunge » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:26 pm

Maybe you are right Sam. It's not easy to say if it is a reissue or a üressing from a different county. The barcode of the Brazilian VS LP looks pretty the same but it hasn't the full Brazlian catalog number. Maybe it's a Canadian issue with the imprint Made in the US?
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby Yuri » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:28 pm

I only have the short barcode version, can't help..
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby Megadave » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 am

bu$hleaguer wrote:Frank, is your 180gr in a custom Simply Vinyl plastic sleeve (embossed logo)? It seems that my copy is missing the round sticker on the back (I can still see the sticker residue). Dave, maybe you can make a scan for the website.

Yes Sam...we understand each other with just one word..the simply vinyl sticker close his plastic sleeve...i'll add a scan of back cover with simply vinyl sticker...(i want complete MLB vinyls too but work,ill and no freetime don't help me in these days..)
about Vs...Sam...for the moment i think u can add a scan of the other barcode and different epic logo position to Vs usa with an info note...

and Sam, can u tell me something about Ten and Vs korea...do u have noticed sometinhg in our scans about these 2vinyls??
Last edited by Megadave on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mention this to me

Megadave

Next

Return to Pearl Jam Discography