Vs Lp - US 2nd Pressing?

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: Vs Lp - US 2nd Pressing?

Postby Megadave » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:40 am

always about 2nd press,Sam....Ten with oceans sticker,i think it can be a 3rd eu press...like cd version...

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=802

like round black sticker on tape version:

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=546

it can be a 2nd eu press if u consider singles mentioned on sticker:
alive,even, jeremy in this case....and oceans in first case...(obviously...criteria is chronological)

this last sticker...i repeat...is not removed from a tape to add it on vinyl cover....cause it was very large,like 160gr. sticker....i wanted buy it,but seller asked an incredible starting price for a vinyl (i asked him more pics) hardly used...especially his cover was,in fact, seriously damaged...

he listed it on ebay for 2weeks always with the same price....no one buyed it!!!
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby bu$hleaguer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Megadave wrote:about Vs...Sam...for the moment i think u can add a scan of the other barcode and different epic logo position to Vs usa with an info note...

That makes sense for now...

Megadave wrote:and Sam, can u tell me something about Ten and Vs korea...do u have noticed sometinhg in our scans about these 2vinyls??

??? I'm not sure what you mean Dave...
bu$hleaguer

Postby Megadave » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:28 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:That makes sense for now...

yeah...probably best solution at moment...we don't miss scans and infos...when we have an opened copy...we will see what happens....
if u think it's the same thing for oceans sticker; i must believe u have a sealed copy and u can't open it...cause i don't think first copy of ten were made with sticker,it 's without a sense...your copy, it's probably a 2nd or 3rd press(probably 3rd in middle of 90's...)....

but in the end...if we want to be honest and perfect...we should use same criteria for cd category...
3quick examples(i know...i'm boring u particular in these days with this type of discussion...but...):

- http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1004

it isn't the same no code oz version with different sticker....but a New nocode aussie press..
oh,it's a my mistake...i said to Vic simply to add this scans..

- http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=694

- http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=802

- http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=804

i don't think these are all first press...take a look at the yield sticker..."best album of 98"????
it was pressed in jan'98......."of the year"?...sticker is full with all magazine's review...
make a perfect discography...it's a true hard work...
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Megadave » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:30 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:??? I'm not sure what you mean Dave...

Sam,do u have sealed copies of these 2vinyls?
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby bu$hleaguer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Megadave wrote:

Yes, they are in a plastic seal with a Sony logo and some Korean text on the back.
bu$hleaguer

Postby Megadave » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:43 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:
Megadave wrote:

Yes, they are in a plastic seal with a Sony logo and some Korean text on the back.

ah ah....need scan!!! ;)
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby bu$hleaguer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:16 pm

Megadave wrote:
bu$hleaguer wrote:
Megadave wrote:

ah ah....need scan!!! ;)

Heheh, I'll get on it. 8-)
bu$hleaguer

Postby Megadave » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:34 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:
Megadave wrote:
bu$hleaguer wrote:
Megadave wrote:

ah ah....need scan!!! ;)

Heheh, I'll get on it. 8-)

absolutely yes,Sam..not so many copies are sold with these sleeves and to me...they're very wonderful for eyes's pleasure.......oh,they're 100% sony korea!!!!
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Yuri » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:29 pm

Hey, I was going through my vinyls, and noticed that I have 2 Dutch versions of VS, both have 2 extended barcode lines on each side of the barcode.
One have VS on the spine, and one doesn't.

I see on the scans we have up here on the website, that this a normal version of the Holland pressing?
Just like the Holland pressings of Ten, they seem to have these extende barcodes.

Just wondering about it, since we have the question with the extended barcode on the US pressing up here.

So, I am just wondering if there are early Holland Ten vinyls with a non extended barcode.?..

(maybe I missed some info, sorry for this post then!)
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby Frank Gibson » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:38 pm

don't know nothing about it
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:28 pm

I checked and all of my Ten & Vs Holland pressings have the "extended" barcode. I think the only difference in the two Holland Vs versions is the title on the spine. That US pressing is still a mystery though...
bu$hleaguer

Postby Marc » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:55 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:I found a Vs album that doesn't match any of the others I've seen. It looks like the normal US pressing (Z 53136) but with a few differences. I first noticed it when I was comparing the printing on the spine. "Epic Associated Stereo" is printed lower than the rest of my copies of the US pressing and the barcode is different with some of the lines extending further than the rest.

It is sealed so I don't know what the vinyl is like. Does anyone else have a copy like this? Could it be a second US pressing?

Sam,

I think this is a second US pressing. I have this copy of VS and this version of VS is the one on my trade list. I purchased it directly from the Sony music web site August 2004 when they were selling vinyl. I just checked the Pearl Jam listings on the Sony web site and they don't have any Pearl Jam vinyl anymore. But they must have produced another batch of vinyl to sell a few years ago.
Last edited by Marc on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:10 pm

Marc wrote:Sam,

I think this is a second US pressing. I have this copy of VS and this version of VS is the one on my trade list. I purchased it directly from the Sony music web site 2-3 years ago when they were selling vinyl. I just checked the Pearl Jam listings on the Sony web site and they don't have any Pearl Jam vinyl anymore. But they must have produced another batch of vinyl to sell a few years ago.

Ah, that makes sense. Too bad your copy is sealed. I'd love to know if the vinyl is any different. Does your copy have the "Pearl Jam" sticker on the front? Mine does not. All my sealed copies of the first pressing have the sticker on the plastic.
bu$hleaguer

Postby Marc » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:59 pm

Here are some pics of the 2nd pressing from the copy that I play. It didn't come with a sticker on the front. Sorry for the blurry pics.

http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/rr225/Marc-WSea/Pearl%20Jam%20Vs%202nd%20pressing/
Marc

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:52 pm

Thanks for the pics, Marc. The vinyl looks to be the same. It seems that only the sleeve was updated slightly for the second pressing.
bu$hleaguer

Previous

Return to Pearl Jam Discography