Ten Holland LP Mispressing...

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Ten Holland LP Mispressing...

Postby bu$hleaguer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:27 am

Because of the recent vinyl discussion, I was looking through my collection and comparing the details of the various issues and came upon a rather interesting discovery. I began looking through my copies of Ten. I have a few copies of the Holland Ten with various stickers and was curious if they were all the same. The engraving on the first copy I looked at has what looks to be printed letters with the following info: (Side 1) 01 468884 20 1A1 - (Side 2) 01 468884 20 1B1

But then on the next copy I found the same engraving on both sides: 01 468884 20 1A1

I immediately thought that the engraving was just mixed up and went on to compare my other copies. The rest were all like the first one with the 1A1 on Side 1 and 1B1 on Side 2. So then I put the mixed up one onto the record player on Side 2 to see what would play. And what do I hear but the crescendoing clanking and clambering of master slave! So thanks to Tope's post I've discovered an awesome Ten mispressing that I've unknowingly had for years. 8-)

So, check your copies! Does anyone else have one?!?

bu$hleaguer

Re: Ten Holland LP Mispressing...

Postby tope » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:47 am

Yo!

Obviously you already know that my Ten isn't one of these... but this is so much fun, isn't it? There is just something about vinyl, it's mysterious or something, just like this, it can appear to be one thing and then you unlock a few codes and find out it's another...

Don't forget to help me find out about those Binaural markings too! That code is fun, even if it turns out to be nothing, it's still fun. TL in a C...

Keep me posted! and thanks for letting me talk about PJ vinyl, my friends will be eternally grateful they may not have to hear quite so much from me! Or, maybe, they will have to hear more! I can tell them about the reeenk roink now...

tope
tope

Postby Yuri » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:24 am

I think I have 3 versions of the Holland TEN vinyl pressing at home.
(one with a black inlay, one with a grey inlay, and one with a promo sticker I think).
I will check the engraving when I come home, now I want to know it too!
Thanks for sharing...never noticed it before.
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:05 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:So, check your copies! Does anyone else have one?!?

fantastic discovery sam
no my copies are all good ....i only have two misspressing for LIFE WASTED and for a boot A FOOTSTEP IN PARADISE with a german band on it i think MEGADEATH

tope wrote:Yo!
Don't forget to help me find out about those Binaural markings too! That code is fun, even if it turns out to be nothing, it's still fun. TL in a C...

please let us see some pics cause i ca't understand what you mean

Yuri wrote:(one with a black inlay, one with a grey inlay, and one with a promo sticker I think).

can you post pics? never seen that difference
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Yuri » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:09 pm

No, mine are correct as well, no misprint on them.
So, congratz on your misprint find! :)

I will make a picture of the inlays soon.
One is black, the other one is just a much more lighter color grey.
"I'll ride the wave...where it takes me..."
Utrecht 1992 - Pukkelpop 95 (Mirrorball) - Paris 96 - Paris 00 - Pinkpop 00 - Seattle 02 - Arnhem 06 - Antwerp 06 - Copenhagen 07 - Nijmegen 07 - Rotterdam 09.
Yuri

Postby bu$hleaguer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Interesting Yuri! I was unaware of these differences. Time to check my copies again... ;)
bu$hleaguer

Return to Pearl Jam Discography