Vinyl! And your excellent taste in music...

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: Vinyl! And your excellent taste in music...

Postby tope » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:20 pm

6) and 7) DON'T KNOW ...NEVER SEEN BEFORE ...are you sure about the number???[/quote]

yep! Just looked and Binaural also has barcode (but it's a sticker) on the back but Riot Act has nothing. What is with theTLC sign on Binaural? And why do I suddenly care so much?!

And props to you guys for not getting mad at me!
tope

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Sorry I would like to add some informations:

RIOT ACT
USA Epic E2 86825
EU Epic EPC 510000 1

LOST DOG
USA Epic E3 85738
EU 513640 2 but not so sure about it

PEARL JAM (AVOCADO)
USA EPC071467 Ten Club Version
USA Epic Label #CBS 6714671 ???

this is what I know ...please can you add something more????
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:25 pm

please tope look at the spin of the riot act cover...you will see a E2 86825 code ...that is the USA version

the same for BINAURAL ....on the spin E2 63665 for USA V. and Epic EPC 494590 1 for EU

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby tope » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Oh man this is soooo cool! It's way late here and i don't care - the number on the spine is E2 63665.

What does this mean, knowledgeable people?!
tope

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:32 pm

I told you ...USA FIRST PRESSING

Frank Gibson

Postby pdalowsky » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:33 pm

and there you have it, nice work Frank.....

Congrats Tope
pdalowsky

Postby tope » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:36 pm

ha our posts are crossing! Have I mentioned how cool this is? So both my Riot Act and Binaural are US pressings. How cool to know these things..... but still I think i'm fairly captivated by the little TL in the C sign! let me know if anyone comes up with anything bout it

and thanks, nice to hear from you guys, i think you are people like me!
tope

Postby tope » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:38 pm

Oh and what about the little one? Or wait - should that be my first mission, to look around here and find out about it?
tope

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:49 pm

tope wrote: but still I think i'm fairly captivated by the little TL in the C sign! let me know if anyone comes up with anything bout it

and thanks, nice to hear from you guys, i think you are people like me!

I still don't understand what you are talking about ...but remember ...my copy is sealed so ....

tope wrote:Oh and what about the little one?

which?

Frank Gibson

Postby pdalowsky » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:55 pm

7" daughter's holland black vinyl

is this the little one?
pdalowsky

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:11 pm

if you find one please send it to me :mrgreen:

Frank Gibson

Postby bu$hleaguer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Hello Tope, welcome to the forum. It's always nice to have a kiwi on the board. ;)

It is really great that you mention vinyl as that section of pjcollectors.com is lacking some important info and items. This discussion should help us uncover some vital info about the different releases and also prompt us to complete the Vinyl discography. Regarding the markings on your Binaural and Riot Act albums, I'll do some investigating and see what I can find out. Other than Ten, all vinyl releases are first pressings. The only potential "re-issue" I can think of would be the Spanish pressing of Vs. Later versions have the same catalog number as the original release but the title (Vs) has been added to the spine.

pdalowsky wrote:Hey Sam isnt it time you pictured the whole lot? I think you'd definitely make me feel inadequate (in a PJ sense you'll understand!!!)

Paul, I'm going to take some pics of the missing LPs for the site so I might as well take a few of my entire collection to validate your inadequacy. ;)

Oh, and I received a "RED" ten that warrants a picture. 8-)
bu$hleaguer

Postby tope » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:17 am

Cool thanks for all your help everyone.

No, the "little one" isn't the black holland daughter 7" (which I have no idea about) it's just I Got ID/Long Road, no doubt lots of them around I would imagine. I had to mention it though because It is part of my collection.

So is there somewhere on here I can list my collection and look at your collections? And does anyone know how many of each record was pressed? I am full of such questions.

Like also what is a reenck roink? and the eternal TL and C sign, does anyone elses binaural have this (obviously you can only check if you have an opened copy)?

I'm off to explore this place a bit, but feel free to point me in any right directions,

thanks
Tope
tope

Postby pdalowsky » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:21 am

Tope, check out the board private collections and post pics in there, its always nice to see what everyone has,

You'll be amazed at some of the collections on here, Simo for example took some real nice pics of his, as did Dangerboy....

I havent got round to it, and as feared Sam appears to have confirmed my inadequacy in stunning fashion...I may be brave enough and come forward with my pitiful collection anyway ;) (I joke Sam, but seriously, you have a shit load of CD's there, did you win the lottery bud?)

The good thing about that part of our site, is that you will see items you had no idea about and then off you go back to the world in a frantic search for the goodies. Its almost a sport now.

Another great collection to check out will be Foreverdrunks - he has his own little website, - one real cool collection also.

AS for the reeenk roink, check out this article, it really does say it all...

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArt ... ion?id=138

Sam once described this to me as the jewel in the crown of any PJ collection (its a little like the Columbian V's) so i spent 2 years trying to find one and finally got lucky.....
pdalowsky

Postby tope » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:37 am

Aha! Now I know what a reeenk roink is! Thank you very much. Plus that site had something I've been wondering about for quite some time - a full history of every Pearl Jam concert ever played, including the one and only one (so far) I went to when i was 14 at the Mount Smart Supertop in Auckland 1995- I was there when Eddie sang his first note in NZ (which was throw your arms) and I nearly died in the mosh pit, might I add. But i survived. I'm tough.

And I must say, as much as the reenk roink seems very very cool, I'm a vinyl girl myself, but rest assured, if one of those puppies turns up in NZ you guys will be the first to know by me! There ya go, one more country covered by one of your scouts :-)

Now I"m off to ponder all your collections - mine seems so small in comparison but kind of to the point, I like to think. I wonder if my collecting will branch out a bit now I've met you guys? That reenk roink does look so good he he

Tope
tope

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography