I had no idea about this Reeenk I have until tonight.

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: I had no idea about this Reeenk I have until tonight.

Postby massimo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 am

Megadave wrote:definetly a regular version....

Agreed

About the sleeve, in my opinion all the RR's sleeve can be reproduced but, I'm wrong or the sleeve are hand made?? If yes should not be so difficult to see if is hand made with a marker or printed.
About the deal.... if you don't have the original CD... is just a piece of paper with an autograph on it! Is like to own a freak digipack but not the cd... even if the Reenk is a test press so probably less copy floating!
Last edited by massimo on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
massimo

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 am

To be fair Dave I do truely believe the sleeve is original, but the disc ruins the package? Its basically an autographed piece of paper that can be easily bought for less than $40 on ebay. So why the insane offers he claims to have had?
pdalowsky

Postby massimo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 am

pdalowsky wrote:To be fair Dave I do truely believe the sleeve is original, but the disc ruins the package? Its basically an autographed piece of paper that can be easily bought for less than $40 on ebay. So why the insane offers he claims to have had?

fetish porpouse !! (just joking!!!)
massimo

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:48 am

Massimo, appears you and I agree on this one....

I guess someone could draw the artwork if they wanted with a marker rather than printing, but I do believe this is real, I doubt abyone would go to the lengths to make it look old, and make up autographs etc, I just fail to see the value in the sleeve with the Ten disc. Sure its cool and as someone who has a reeenk normal copy, it might be cool to own this one too fopr the right price...like Sam has both matrix's of the reeenks, but the right price in my view is definitely less than $100. For sure.
pdalowsky

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:49 am

massimo wrote:
pdalowsky wrote:To be fair Dave I do truely believe the sleeve is original, but the disc ruins the package? Its basically an autographed piece of paper that can be easily bought for less than $40 on ebay. So why the insane offers he claims to have had?

fetish porpouse !! (just joking!!!)

Mass? I might be being a bit thick here but I dont get it!!!! :oops: help....
pdalowsky

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:50 am

i woun't buy it
i think the cover is original but i would like to bid only for 50 usd ...no more
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:55 am

we all know that the bidding will go nuts on this, and no idea why
pdalowsky

Postby synthfreek » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Listen up guys. I have been in the music industry since 1989 and I am not trying to fool anyone. The sleeve is authentic. If anyone wants to call and talk to me personally they can reach me at 512-462-4705. Leave your contact info on my voice-mail. My name is Eric Jenkins. BTW the Eddie autograph looks just like many others. Why does it look so bad to you?
synthfreek

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:10 pm

sorry Eric, perhaps it was my explanation and wording of my comment, I certainly did not want to appear like I was insinuating that yours was a copy sleeve, i was trying to get across that it will undoubtedly be real, just incomplete without the disc also.

also to be more clear, the signature is a very early doors Eddie one, and one that has changed 100% to what it is today and is now hardly recognisable. It looks a little rushed almost. It doesnt detract however from being his auto, and again i wasnt suggesting it was not real....my apologies if it came over that way.

and dont get me wrong, its a nice item, of course it is, its just not the full item. which I would expect will severely impact upon its value.

I would even go as far as saying its an item i would like for the right price, but it was just i noticed you'd had some insane offers which suggests it'll probably reach very high numbers without the proper disc, which was the idea behind the discussion I proposed.

again sorry if you thought i was questionning your integrity, that wasnt my intention
pdalowsky

Postby massimo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Yew Eric, we were spoken about the possible fake of all the RR's release not yours! :)
massimo

Postby pdalowsky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:07 pm

way to go Massimo, great buys tonight, was sadly too much for me!!! :twisted:
pdalowsky

Postby norman-grunge » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:20 pm

pdalowsky wrote:way to go Massimo, great buys tonight, was sadly too much for me!!! :twisted:

Yeah for me too but it was close. Maybe next time...
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby dangerboy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:29 pm

i think the sleeve is real. as is the autograph. see the one below, signed circa 1994/95. i work in radio so i also know how easy it would be for the original person to have lost the blank silver cd and replaced it with a regular copy. a hundred cd's a week cross many desks per week, and putting your hands on a blank disc with an as-yet-unknown band on it can be tricky.

and finally, we all know there are reeenk discs without hand-finished sleeves out there.

it's half the package for sure, but still a nice item.

Last edited by dangerboy on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangerboy

Postby massimo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:08 am

norman-grunge wrote:
pdalowsky wrote:way to go Massimo, great buys tonight, was sadly too much for me!!! :twisted:

Yeah for me too but it was close. Maybe next time...

Sorry guys if I kicked your ass but I was looking for Get Right cd from time....and I need to upgrade my Save You copy.. :oops:
massimo

Postby massimo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:12 am

Already $30 with 5 days remaining.... this end price will set another record!!
massimo

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography