ISO Rarities Unreleased Cuts

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: ISO Rarities Unreleased Cuts

Postby valmon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:17 am

you know abou the line "release me" in each pj lyric? ;)

-my point is - what makes these tracks so different from gossman project, mamason demos, mookie blaylock demos, 1s week rehearsals, demo-versions of ten, vs. sessions, christmas singles, vitalogy demos, birdman ensemble sessions, binaural outtakes etc. etc. etc. which are now generally known to public?

-the other thing is that they were released by band for promo purposes. http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1106 so we can presume the band wants us to hear these gems - what makes you so different from any of us dying to hear unreleased pj songs?

-i think the eBay threat could be easily avoided by spreading the jam over major torrent sites - dime, zomb, etree, traders den, youkan land, demonoid, etc.
valmon

Postby massimo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:52 am

valmon wrote:
-the other thing is that they were released by band for promo purposes. http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1106 so we can presume the band wants us to hear these gems - what makes you so different from any of us dying to hear unreleased pj songs?

The promotional cd were released for "in house" use, not for radio promotion, so I ca assume the band wonts share this demos. Just my opinion.
massimo

Postby valmon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:02 am

but you heard it anyway... :lol:

ok.. of course band wouldnt share this - they never share demo versions. but why fans shouldnt share this once they have a hold of it?
valmon

Postby massimo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:42 am

valmon wrote:but you heard it anyway... :lol:

ok.. of course band wouldnt share this - they never share demo versions. but why fans shouldnt share this once they have a hold of it?

Wrong, i didn't heard it !!! 8-)
Whay the fans shouldn't share it? Because we know just one owner of this cd and is up to him!
massimo

Postby lukin321 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:55 pm

Just signed up specifically to beg for this to be spread...

Please, please....please :cry:
lukin321

Postby anzi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:50 am

Is there a possibility to get a copy of this release? Maybe, trade?

If it's another "holy cow" like Birdman sessions, why the item was exposed at all?
I, personally, have the Birdman session. And I don't see a problem to freely trade it. When I got it (in a trade), I understood why it was "banned" - just because the perfomance is simply terrible, musicians are amateur, Eddie is drunk. It was fun to record it, but no fun to listen it - though the record has some kind of "intimacy", that's why i'm interested in it - I don't think that I would ever watch such a perfomance, since I live in Russia, but I'd really loved to...

And more - 4 tracks from this release, I think, are already circulating in Internet. I mean "Puzzles and games" demo plus 3 other binaural outtakes (Fatal, Leter to the Dead, Education) that were leaked in 96kbit/s mp3 prior to Lost Dogs release back in 2003.

But there are 3 new tracks and that's the point! So if anyone would trade - I'm at showbox@mail.ru, my trading page are here: http://db.etree.org/anzi. If you are interested in official releases, I can make some offers too.
anzi

Postby Frank Gibson » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:55 am

i think it's not a beutiful thing to trade the Birdman sessions cause the band asked in the past not to share this material on the web so i think it is important to respect their opinion....instead pj didn't tell anything about this ISO rarities so i think that can be shared with the real fans
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby massimo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:i think it's not a beutiful thing to trade the Birdman sessions cause the band asked in the past not to share this material on the web so i think it is important to respect their opinion....instead pj didn't tell anything about this ISO rarities so i think that can be shared with the real fans

Maybe the PJ's management still don't know that this cd is landed outside Epic/Sony.
Why don't ask to 10C ??? That should be write the word END
massimo

Postby anzi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:09 pm

the band (tenclub) asked not to share material in Internet? and nobody's sharing, right?
band never asked not to trade this cd by snail-mail. it's a useless point, because material was recorded and given away. If it was recorded, it was not supposed to be so "personal matter" as you can see - why record a "personal" event? And the story with 1995 movie?
Let's translate this request onto human from tenclub-language: you should feel guilty for having the cd. it's not your cd, you wasn't supposed listen to it. And, to continue: you should send this cd if you got a copy back to tenclub, 'cause they know better what's good and bad.
C'mon, get a life. It's all absurd. All these requests "not to trade" should be at least balanced by "we give you so much (to listen)". I don't see too much PJ material from tenclub (Xmas-Easter single, the 1 vault show in 2 years - that's all). Opposite - I see a tendention not to give ANY new material (where's my 2007 official bootlegs I wonder?). And I don't see a point why fans should support this position themselves.
anzi

Postby chauncey » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:58 pm

The item was "exposed" because this is a PJ Collector's site and the in-house CD-R is certainly one hell of a collectable. This is nothing like the Birdman Sessions. The Birdman Sessions is a bootleg of shitty performances. The Rarities Unreleased Cuts contains professionally mixed and mastered gems from the PJ vault put together for promotional use. My guess is that it was compiled by the band, or someone close to the band, to submit to the label for consideration for what ultimately became Lost Dogs.

Whether or not the band wants the fans to hear these songs is only part of the problem. The songs will probably see the light of day on a box set in the future. Will hearing the songs now stop me from buying that box set? HELL NO.

One collector was lucky enough to get his/her hands on this gem. I'm sure he/she paid a lot of money for it. He/she can do whatever he/she wants with the songs. We are not entitled to hear them simply because we know they exist. It would be nice to hear them, sure. But if it's decided not to release them, oh well. If a "don't ask, don't tell" policy is adopted, great. If it's torrented like crazy on the internet then that's fine too. My point is that I think whoever paid big $$$ for this beauty should make the call without getting a bunch of shit from us 'have-nots'.

OK. Now that that's off my chest... I've loved "Just A Girl" and "Alone" since I heard them on the "5 Musketeers" bootleg over 10 years ago. This version of "Alone" is different from both the Go single and the one that ended up on Lost Dogs; both are sub-par compared to the early version, IMO. "Just A Girl", while not a smash hit, has always been good to me and it would be amazing to hear an upgrade from the bootleg versions. Also, an upgrade of "Brother" with lyrics (from Rough Mixes, I presume) would be great. WTF were they thinking putting an instrumental version on LD? I haven't bothered to d/l any of the Binaural outtakes because mp3's would ruin the experience. So I would be like a kid on Xmas listening to Puzzle & Game. Not to mention Wishing Well (Live) and New Jeremy... OH MAN!

-Mike
chauncey

Postby massimo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:38 pm

This became a interesting discussion in the collectors world!
massimo

Postby anzi » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:43 pm

well you absolutely right. but there's no use to discuss how to get this item itself - it is not unique, of corse, but it's the first copy that in 4 years found its way out of "elitest-private-closetoband-etc" circles (i hope) that maybe simply has got a position to have forementioned qualities forever. so as a collector i can suppose that it may be the last time as well. well it's life.
and I have 5 versions of "I am mine" promo not because I don't have an album, but 'cause I'm a big fan of this band. I love their songs. Mind, songs, not their decisions about them. For me song "brother" is one thing, I'm perfectly OK with it's lyrics - but maybe for Ed it's lyrics seems old and foolish, he's now thinks of Iraque - so they scrapped the lyrics. and I'm happy with both versions, but I'd rather have an mp3 of version with lyrics than nothing (this song without lyrics simply doesn't make sense IMHO).
So well, it's just a "consolation prise" - but maybe the owner of cd would be so kind... 3 new songs is a grreat gift for fan, and if material will lose it's "secretness" then maybe there would be more more copies of items for collectors?
anzi

Postby Frank Gibson » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:11 am

i would like to know only one thing: will we listen ever to these songs or not?
please let me know so that i can relax
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby chauncey » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:19 pm

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtop ... &sk=t&sd=a

There's a "100%" chance we will get to hear these songs. When or how is the question! I was hoping to hear them on my birthday (July 23rd), but that didn't happen. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are available before I go on vacation (Saturday)!!!
chauncey

Postby massimo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:38 pm

Seems that in a very few time this songs will be available for all the PJ's comunity! Man....now you know you have 100% chance to hear the songs... so no worries.. :)
massimo

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography