eBay

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: eBay

Postby Megadave » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:23 pm

first of all...i m definetly agree with Vic!!!
i never have spent a word for prices payed by people in this forum for p.j.s items on ebay...never put a link to talk about price payed by us(except for people not in this forum..like everyone always do..now as in the old board!)...i always says:"oh congrats for your catch...nice item!!"...
in these 2 months we have seen a lot of nice items on ebay...alive with insert,gorge 7discs promo,daughter japan,binaural promo,argentina s promos(tendencia,no code..etc)...i have bought nothing....some of these items are bought by forum s member...i have said nothing!!
in another post few days ago...i have said the same thing...everyone knows how can pay an item....i m only sure that there are p j 's item that are expensive...."for nature".....
think about freak..vs colombia...monkey wrench radio..special pearl jam au vivo...jeremy austria promo black insert...and other 15/20 items very rare(honestly i don t think live at fox,rarefied,benabox are so rare....they are always on ebay...and bought by people only for the name..not by collectors...not for passion).

i know...i m boring you :roll: :roll:

in the end...the idea for a top 50or 20 or 100 rarest item came from a metallica 's collector items(i m not in metallica..but i buy for a friend of mine some items of ebay....illimitated items for illimitated prices!!!!!!! :shock: )...like pjcollector...by one guy with other fans..
they have created a top100...criteria are in the bottom of page...
as u can see...expensive is the fourth voice...the first is ...how many people in that forum have a specific item...
this is the link:

http://www.metallipromo.com/100.html

it is just an idea...just to see...for fun..nothing else...

sorry for this post...but try to understand me...i have been involved in this discussion!!!
sorry again guys..sorry..

p.s.
someone...beetwen us...have bought 2 slimeline worldwide japan promos...they are hard to find now on ebay....think about....after 10years...which will be the price of these 2promos??
another daughter japan...??
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby Frank Gibson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:09 pm

it can be a good way to avoid stupid sellers to put impossible price on items ...but i think also that people buy what prefer and if someone stupid has a lot of money ...good business for sellers!!! :)
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby VicSpeed » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 pm

I think make public what we think are good prices for rare items is a big mistake... this will be against the collectors' community.

Sellers will rise the prices for these items.

For example, a seller from Japan doesnt know if a Freak promo in BIN for 100$ is cheap or not. Am i right?
VicSpeed

Postby Frank Gibson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:40 pm

yeah you are right
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby massimo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 am

massimo

Postby Megadave » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:34 am

Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby norman-grunge » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:11 pm

Megadave wrote:what a price...what a item! :shock: :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... otohosting

Oh my god. Great catch!!! :o
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby simopearl » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:32 pm

the 10 test pressin symply vinyl it's a really great catch!! i have it too but i spent an higher price!!!

i agree vith Vic about sharing pj item prices. No way.
simopearl

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:30 am

simopearl wrote:the 10 test pressin symply vinyl it's a really great catch!! i have it too but i spent an higher price!!!

i agree vith Vic about sharing pj item prices. No way.

Simo,if u read well my long-boring post...i never talked about that we can together decide item 's price but my post sounds like...
"hey simo, give me your top10 rarest items(free to decide your criterias..how many times this item has been on ebay..how many people,among us,have this item...or country press cause some japan or south american items are more difficult to find than european or american press...if an numbered production..or misspressed...a testpress...etc..)
and again..."Norman your top10 items...Vic...Max...Sam..."
i 'm repeating the same thing(the real problem is my poor english!!!!)..never talk about money...it's the reason why i have written the long-boring post...'cause for the first time in these 2 funny years in this board i have seen a post with a link of an auction...my auction...it sounds to me "words about my money"...i don t think you would appreciate the same thing on your purchases...
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:59 am

Hey guys, I started an ebay thread along these lines a while ago, not knowing this one was around and perhaps being a little lazy not to look for it....But the essence is there. Clearly there is a select few of us who regularly trawl throught the ebay pages, trying to find the latest new and rarely seen items, which are always going to attract bids from us all....Dont think there is much we can do about that, usually the one of us with the most disposable cash will win it, simple really, the only thing I was saying that we all probably bid more than we intended to and were prepared to out of excitement and getting carried away, which also increases the value, which has the knock on effect of greedy sellers (if there is such a thing) and higher resales, and ends up with us bidding against each other, now clearly thats what happens with auctions, and its the best bidder wins, but the idea I had was that we could all svae a bit of time and hassle and most of all money somehow, but the more I've thought about it the harder it is and pretty much impossible.

So the point of this is that I can understand people gripes about ongoing auctions and that posts shouldnt be made on those, as it might bring attention to an item that might otherwise have gone under the radar, but also I understand why some people do that when looking for more info on an item if they havent seen it before, and this is where the prooblem lies, as this is the ideal place to come and find out......

Does anyone actually have a problem with threads on items that have finished and the prices of those items, or is that taboo also....
pdalowsky

Postby simopearl » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Dave, now i understad what you wanted to say! unfortunately i reamin of the same idea: if i tell you (or better if i put on the net) the classific of the 10 rarest items i have (or i would have!) is as i had said: these are the rarest items for me so they should be the most expensive! in this forum we are all expert Pj collectors so we can guess how much an item can be paid, even if we see it for the first time! if a non-expert collector (but with money of course!) looks at this forum could think: well, the item i was looking for i rarer than i thought so i'll offer more (and he becomes a potential competitor for us!). If WE put our top ten list it is presumable to be the list of the most expensive items.. (for collectors 99% of times rarest means most expensive) But this is my opinion. I don't want to be polemic but, since i was on the forum the pj items on ebay started to grow up and i don't want this because i need a lot of items!!!
i think that if everyone takes a look to other's collections (pictures, lists etc..), will find out automatically which are the 10 rarest items of each one! sorry for my english...
simopearl

Postby Megadave » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:45 pm

simopearl wrote:Dave, now i understad what you wanted to say! unfortunately i reamin of the same idea: if i tell you (or better if i put on the net) the classific of the 10 rarest items i have (or i would have!) is as i had said: these are the rarest items for me so they should be the most expensive! in this forum we are all expert Pj collectors so we can guess how much an item can be paid, even if we see it for the first time! if a non-expert collector (but with money of course!) looks at this forum could think: well, the item i was looking for i rarer than i thought so i'll offer more (and he becomes a potential competitor for us!). If WE put our top ten list it is presumable to be the list of the most expensive items.. (for collectors 99% of times rarest means most expensive) But this is my opinion. I don't want to be polemic but, since i was on the forum the pj items on ebay started to grow up and i don't want this because i need a lot of items!!!
i think that if everyone takes a look to other's collections (pictures, lists etc..), will find out automatically which are the 10 rarest items of each one! sorry for my english...

Thanx Simo to understand my feelings....i really appreciate your words...and your english!! :D
i m agrre with u!!
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby Foreverdrunk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:34 am

8-) 8-) 8-)

Thanks
Foreverdrunk

Postby Lost Dog » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Brad - Shame japan promo cd http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail_related.asp?id=1123
Merkinball - promo white cardsleeve http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1131
Eddie - Hard Sun 2tracks promo jewelcase http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail_related.asp?id=1153
Lost Dog

Previous

Return to Pearl Jam Discography