Limited editions: how to verify some information??

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Limited editions: how to verify some information??

Postby simopearl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi Guys, i'd like to ask you some things about limited editions:
i'd like to divide my thoughts in 3 different sections:

1) numbered editions (I.E. NAIS UK Maxi Cd Single):
these releases are numbered but there is not a specified quantity of items pressed (there could be even 1.000.000 copies pressed of these items). In my opinion these items have not an additional value;
2) limited and Numbered editions (I.E. Last Kiss UK 7"):
these items are individually numbered and we know the total amount pressed of these items. This gives an additional value to these items;
3) limited edition items (I.E. Let Me Sleep USA 7"):
these items are supposed to have been pressed in limited quantities and for this reason they should be rare and hard to find. But how we can do to know the amount pressed for these items??? there are a lot of "limited" items that have a quantity declared but i'm not sure it's right..:
- let me sleep... 2.000 copies ( you can easily find it on ebay whenever you want!!!! is't not so rare but people continue to pay a lot for it even if it's... common!!)
- TEN Yellow Digipak: 5.000 copies..... are we sure????
- Live on radio Fritz and Live at the Deutschlanhalle (german promos): limited to 150 copies.... the same

etc...

Is there a way to verify these information???
Acetates and Test pressing promos are rarest and released in very small quantities but we can't suppose how many of these are made...

what do you think about??
simopearl

Re: Limited editions: how to verify some information??

Postby VicSpeed » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:37 pm

- let me sleep... 2.000 copies ( you can easily find it on ebay whenever you want!!!! is't not so rare but people continue to pay a lot for it even if it's... common!!)

maybe most of them are fakes... :(
VicSpeed

Postby Megadave » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:55 am

about ten club items....i really really love Benabox but...i have seen on ebay..more than 2000copies...you can find it 1 or 2 times every month....and people continue to pay a lot of money to buy it...(specially people not p.j's collectors) :evil:
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Postby dangerboy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:22 pm

i disagree about benaroya. even if there were two a month up on ebay, it would take 1000 months for them all to be available. that's about 85 years, isn't it?

and the figure of 1500 copies of let me sleep is from sony/epic. there may be some fakes, but just the same, 5 a month on ebay is still 300 months worth, or about 25 years....and that assumes no flipping or resale of copies bought in that time frame
dangerboy

Postby Frank Gibson » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:51 pm

what about the numbers of copies of the unbleeped version angel in white sleeve????
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby simopearl » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:30 pm

too many copies around ebay in the last weeks...
are all unpleeped???
simopearl

Postby Frank Gibson » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:06 pm

in the last 3 years i saw only 4-5 but two of them in this two months ...one is mine!!! :)
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Return to Pearl Jam Discography