2000 Bootlegs US/EU

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

2000 Bootlegs US/EU

Postby rob » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:11 pm

This is my first post in a while.. I was just going thru my collection again and thinking about 2000 bootlegs.. I have all the official boots from 2000 onwards (and a whole lot of unofficial old school ones from the '90s), but one thing always bothered me with 2000 boots: they're beautiful and the only ones that were really personalized with the setlists printed on the cases, but that being said, is there any way to recognize an US copy from a EU one? That is, apart from the barcode sticker, of course.. I know I bought most of them here in Italy so they must be EU "pressings", few of them are US pressings because they have the US barcode sticker.. about half of them are still sealed, but the ones that are not sealed anymore (and for which I didn't keep the original stickers), is there any way to recognize them? Cases are identical for both "pressings", but I never compared, for the same show, a US disc versus a EU disc to see if there was any difference in matrix numbers etc.. Is the only difference really just the barcode sticker? Plus, I have some sealed ones which have a barcode sticker (presumably EU) applied over what seem to be the US sticker (E2K...)..
And, they were all stamped and pressed in the USA (Carrollton, GA) as per the discs said, so aren't they all USA pressings after all? The ones that were sold in Europe just had a different sticker, so.. Does it really have sense to talk about EU and USA pressings? Please, someone enlight me :)
Sleight Of Hand
rob

Re: 2000 Bootlegs US/EU

Postby LostRebel » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:53 pm

well for not sealed cd's it's pretty simple to tell if it's an EU or US pressing.
just check on the titles' side of the cd.
if it says "manufactured by (weird symbol) PO BOX 3000 Carrollton, GA 30117" then it's a US pressing.
if it says "manufactured by (weird symbol) PO BOX 3000 Carrollton, GA 30117" followed by something like "BIEM" it's an EU pressing.
you can check this for your reference although the scans aren't clear enough.
http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=903 US
http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1788 EU

If it is sealed... well many things can happen with different stickers attached, so I think you can't be 100% sure
Hope this helps.
LostRebel

Re: 2000 Bootlegs US/EU

Postby rob » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Thanks for the info, I will check them out when I'll be at home..
I'm glad there's a way to identify them :)
Sleight Of Hand
rob

Return to Pearl Jam Discography