2013 US Bootleg

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

2013 US Bootleg

Postby massimo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:39 am

Hey,
I'm not a collector of the boots, so, does anyone can suggest me some that I have to own because of the setlist?
massimo

Re: 2013 US Bootleg

Postby arq » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:44 pm

massimo wrote:Hey,
I'm not a collector of the boots, so, does anyone can suggest me some that I have to own because of the setlist?

Charlottesville seems to be a favorite for a few fans, Hartford is up there too, Brooklyn 2 seems to get some love too, Spokane too, the boys are just destroying every city!
arq

Postby rival » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:28 pm

I thought Phoenix was insane. I have yet to hear a lot of the west coast recordings (audience) but I remember on paper that Phoenix was bananas.
rival

Postby massimo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:21 pm

thx! ;)
massimo

Postby rob » Fri May 16, 2014 5:38 pm

I'm just so glad this time around these boots will be silver pressed, not burnt cd-r's!!
Can't wait to receive the box (even though it seems Charlottesville disc 2 has been swapped with charlotte in all copies, and some people received some messed up sleeves).. nugs said they will send replacements once available
I sure hope this will be the standard from now on
Sleight Of Hand
rob

Postby rival » Sat May 17, 2014 3:33 pm

rob wrote:I'm just so glad this time around these boots will be silver pressed, not burnt cd-r's!!
Can't wait to receive the box (even though it seems Charlottesville disc 2 has been swapped with charlotte in all copies, and some people received some messed up sleeves).. nugs said they will send replacements once available

Silver pressed and proper labels on the CD's was the deciding factor for me to buy the set. I had previously just bought the bluebacks to shows I attened but when I discovered they box set was silver pressed, I pulled the trigger.
rival

Postby MedozK » Sat May 17, 2014 8:29 pm

rival wrote:
rob wrote:I'm just so glad this time around these boots will be silver pressed, not burnt cd-r's!!

Silver pressed and proper labels on the CD's was the deciding factor for me to buy the set. I had previously just bought the bluebacks to shows I attened but when I discovered they box set was silver pressed, I pulled the trigger.

I am probably showing my CD ignorance, but what makes 'silver pressed' so good? And, how is it different?
MedozK

Postby rival » Mon May 19, 2014 3:52 pm

MedozK wrote:
rival wrote:

I am probably showing my CD ignorance, but what makes 'silver pressed' so good? And, how is it different?

Silver pressed are "stamped." much like a vinyl is pressed. the bluebacks are burnt like you would put in a computer and make a mix cd. the storage quality is 10x better. Like keeping water in a glass cup compared to a paper cup. both will hold the water, and the water will taste the same but if you left that cup on the table for a week, chances are one of them would be leaking when you returned.
rival

Postby VicSpeed » Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Silver pressed are "stamped." much like a vinyl is pressed. the bluebacks are burnt like you would put in a computer and make a mix cd. the storage quality is 10x better. Like keeping water in a glass cup compared to a paper cup. both will hold the water, and the water will taste the same but if you left that cup on the table for a week, chances are one of them would be leaking when you returned.

Perfect explanation!
VicSpeed

Postby MedozK » Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 pm

rival wrote:
MedozK wrote:
rival wrote:

Thanks. So to get the Silver pressed CDs you have to buy the box?
MedozK

Postby rival » Thu May 22, 2014 5:42 pm

MedozK wrote:
rival wrote:
MedozK wrote:
rival wrote:

Thanks. So to get the Silver pressed CDs you have to buy the box?

Yes.
rival

Return to Pearl Jam Discography