Lightning Bolt Vinyl

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: Lightning Bolt Vinyl

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:24 pm

really!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby Frank Gibson » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 pm

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby norman-grunge » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 am

Sounds/looks like one of the replacement vinyls that were sent out.

I am still waiting for my copy. This is the poorest service ever. Very disappointed.
One hand will wash the other!
norman-grunge

Postby Frank Gibson » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 am

norman-grunge wrote:Sounds/looks like one of the replacement vinyls that were sent out.

wow
didn't think about it
but my tenclub copy hasn't arrived yet

uhashuahushua :D

Frank Gibson

Postby VicSpeed » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:45 am

VicSpeed

Postby rival » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Frank Gibson wrote:
norman-grunge wrote:Sounds/looks like one of the replacement vinyls that were sent out.

wow
didn't think about it
but my tenclub copy hasn't arrived yet

uhashuahushua :D

So did you put in for a relacement before your original even got there? I thought about doing that as I knew mine would come mangled (it did) but I didn't want to submit a request until I had it in hand. I didn't want that kind of karma biting me in the butt for whatever reason.
rival

Postby Frank Gibson » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:52 pm

no i was asking the customer care and told him the date shipping
they told me at that time 10c had the wrong version so they decide to replace me the vinyl
i didn't ask anything

Frank Gibson

Postby demetrios » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Euro Vinyl is out? http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=2195 . Where can you buy a copy?

Tim over @ What Records received his vinyl copies from Universal UK day's ago and received word that all the records were Made in USA. Not in Europe.
demetrios

Postby norman-grunge » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Demetrios I just got my Lightning Bolt LP from Amazon.de for €22.99 this week. I just ordered a copy because I was sick of waiting for my Tenclub order. To my surprise it's a European release. It has a different catalog number to the US release but the catalog number is similar the German CD release. I haven't opened the LP yet to check more details but may can add a pic of the different catalog number which is printed on the spine of the sleeve and the barcode sticker. I am still waiting for my Tenclub order so I can't really compare both versions.

Edit: Just saw that Amazon.de raised the costs for the Lightning Bolt LP and have only 2 copies left. But there are some private sellers who offer the record for less.
norman-grunge

Postby stoppler » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:22 pm

demetrios wrote:Euro Vinyl is out? http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=2195 . Where can you buy a copy?

Tim over @ What Records received his vinyl copies from Universal UK day's ago and received word that all the records were Made in USA. Not in Europe.

So it appears that the only difference is the bar code sticker as both are made in the USA. hmm. not sure if that is worth the purchase.
stoppler

Postby norman-grunge » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:26 pm

There's also a different catalog number printed on the spine. The cover is more shiny while the US pressing has matt look. So it's a different pressing.
norman-grunge

Postby stoppler » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:48 pm

norman-grunge wrote:There's also a different catalog number printed on the spine. The cover is more shiny while the US pressing has matt look. So it's a different pressing.

oh. interesting.
stoppler

Postby giancarlo1976 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:32 am

I can not understand a thing! which is the real defect of LIGHTINIG BOLT?
giancarlo1976

Postby norman-grunge » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:26 pm

giancarlo1976 wrote:I can not understand a thing! which is the real defect of LIGHTINIG BOLT?

Of what I have heard there are some defects on the vinyl like finger prints or smudges so the record makes some noise. As for the sleeve I have heard that they were folded too fast when the colour was still fresh or there's some glue. Something like that.
norman-grunge

Postby giancarlo1976 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:53 pm

norman-grunge wrote:
giancarlo1976 wrote:I can not understand a thing! which is the real defect of LIGHTINIG BOLT?

Of what I have heard there are some defects on the vinyl like finger prints or smudges so the record makes some noise. As for the sleeve I have heard that they were folded too fast when the colour was still fresh or there's some glue. Something like that.

Ok.but ,when have closed the lp for shipping,thei don't have see the defects.the Frsnk's copy is patently no printed !
giancarlo1976

PreviousNext

Return to Pearl Jam Discography