JEREMY CD REFERENCE ARGENTINA

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

JEREMY CD REFERENCE ARGENTINA

Postby Megadave » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:00 am

I have not so much information about this cd;I know only it's from Argentina and not seems a promo;the guy found it says it's a CD REFERENCE. :shock: :shock: :shock:
OFFICIAL or NOT OFFICIAL?????
which is yours opinions?
Mention this to me
Mention something, mention anything

........and watch the weather change.
Megadave

Re: JEREMY CD REFERENCE ARGENTINA

Postby simopearl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:27 am

Reallly a cool item!!! :shock: :shock: i don't know if it's offcial on not. The MTV vesion oj Jeremy let me know it is not but it could be an acetate made for internal use.. has the cd a matrix number printed on the center of the CD?
simopearl

Postby Lost Dog » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:43 am

it can easily be a fake. aniway never seen before.
Lost Dog

Postby VicSpeed » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:35 am

Wow... :shock:

Is this a CDR?
VicSpeed

Postby Megadave » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:01 pm

simopearl wrote:Reallly a cool item!!! :shock: :shock: i don't know if it's offcial on not. The MTV vesion oj Jeremy let me know it is not but it could be an acetate made for internal use.. has the cd a matrix number printed on the center of the CD?

forgetting to say in the post i have not this cd yet;a friend of mine from Argentina found it for me;now before to buy it i want to be sure it's an official item and not a great fake;

Simo thanks for your post,i will asking now to him a scan of cd back so we can see if it has some matrix printed.
At start i was sure it was a promo but now i guess it is a cd that Epic print for theirself and not for promotion.
I have only a doubt;that word "origial" is a spanish word or it's an error and was for original???
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby VicSpeed » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:46 pm

the correct word is "origiNal"...
VicSpeed

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Hmm... I'm not so sure about this one being official. There are a few things that bother me. First, it looks like it is on a printed CD-R so unless it was officially made in the last few years, these kinds of CD-R promos did not exist. Also, it has the older early to mid 90's Epic logo which does match the time frame of the MTV Unplugged performance but should not have appeared on a printed CD-R. The disc matrix would be the most important factor in authenticating this disc. Dave, hopefully you can get a scan of the matrix before you buy it. If you do buy it, you can have the tracks analyzed to see if they are mp3 sourced. If this is an official CD it would be a VERY cool item but I have my doubts.
bu$hleaguer

Postby Megadave » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:53 pm

bu$hleaguer wrote:Hmm... I'm not so sure about this one being official. There are a few things that bother me. First, it looks like it is on a printed CD-R so unless it was officially made in the last few years, these kinds of CD-R promos did not exist. Also, it has the older early to mid 90's Epic logo which does match the time frame of the MTV Unplugged performance but should not have appeared on a printed CD-R. The disc matrix would be the most important factor in authenticating this disc. Dave, hopefully you can get a scan of the matrix before you buy it. If you do buy it, you can have the tracks analyzed to see if they are mp3 sourced. If this is an official CD it would be a VERY cool item but I have my doubts.

Sam thanks to you too for your post and for yours info;the seller has sent me this pic (horrible!!!) and these info;confirm it's a CDR and it comes from a MusicStore

This pic can help you a little?I asking matrix on back
I'm still waiting :roll: :roll:
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:58 pm

Most promo issues on CD-R were released after 1998. The older style Epic logo does appear on some issues during the late 90's and on all the Argentina promos. The STBC promo is has a reference number of 125. Since the STBC circle promo was released in 1994, I would date this Jeremy CD at about the same time. But why would they make such a disc since the Unplugged session was years prior? Perhaps the show did not air in Argentina until a few years later. If Epic was using CD-R's for internal use during that time this may actually be a legitimate item. I'm not completely convinced though...
bu$hleaguer

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:55 am

I did some more research (with info from the seller) and I am doubtful this is an official item. The reference number dates it to 1994 but it is on an IPC Inkjet CD-R that seems to be a current product:

IPC Inkjet CD-R

Since the MTV live version of Jeremy has never been released in any official form, I'm guessing someone made this and took the audio from the TV broadcast and made this official looking disc. Unless the audio can be analyzed and confirmed as CD quality (and not TV broadcast quality), I would say that this is a fake.
bu$hleaguer

Postby VicSpeed » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:22 am

Sam I don't know your actual job...

But im sure you'd be a good private invetigator! 8-)
VicSpeed

Postby bu$hleaguer » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:32 am

VicSpeed wrote:Sam I don't know your actual job...

Heheh, I always thought that would be a fun job. But you'd be amazed what you can find with just a simple google search. ;)
bu$hleaguer

Postby Megadave » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:56 am

bu$hleaguer wrote:
VicSpeed wrote:Sam I don't know your actual job...

Heheh, I always thought that would be a fun job. But you'd be amazed what you can find with just a simple google search. ;)

Great work as always Sam.....now you can complete your investigation,these are last info seller has sent to me:

03280111 industria argentina IPC inkjet 700 MG 80 min

this is all that is written on back cd :o :o
Mention this to me

Megadave

Postby CaRaViEx » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:32 pm

If you go to http://www.cdipc.com

then go to "catalogo de productos" ---- something like what do we have for sell
then to CD-Rs --- Bulk --- Inkjet; you will find that, its a cdr with printable surface, if you look closer you will find that the compacdisc logo is on the left, like the one you posted, so or Epic argenitna where using Epic later logo, and cdr with printable surface back in 92 that you can buy now a days, or that is a cool fake :) I think is a cook fake :)

You could check the mtv jeremy version and try to see if is more or less the same quality than any Jeremy from mtv that you could downloand for any p2p

Peace and Love

CaRaViEx
CaRaViEx

Postby dangerboy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:36 am

maybe here is where being old can come in handy

i don't believe they made 80 min cdr's in 1992. the longest ones we could find then were 74 minutes, not 80. those didn't come around until later times i think.
dangerboy

Next

Return to Pearl Jam Discography