JEREMY CD REFERENCE ARGENTINA

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Re: JEREMY CD REFERENCE ARGENTINA

Postby pablo » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:25 pm

Hello everyone, i am the seller of this cd-r,if anyone is interested i still have it, i was reading all the posts and i am surprised because of the reactions of all of you, this cd-r is new, even though the songs are from the 90´s, this music store has a lot of cd-rs which they use to promote the songs while people are buying, there is a dj playing some music and among all the cds he has this cd was there.... so if anyone is interested i only have 1 copy, there was not any other and the price for it is $150 dollars, my email is pabloaugusto1978@yahoo.com.ar and the only method of payment is paypal.
thanks!
pablo

Postby Zjoske » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:28 pm

pablo wrote:Hello everyone, i am the seller of this cd-r,if anyone is interested i still have it, i was reading all the posts and i am surprised because of the reactions of all of you, this cd-r is new, even though the songs are from the 90´s, this music store has a lot of cd-rs which they use to promote the songs while people are buying, there is a dj playing some music and among all the cds he has this cd was there.... so if anyone is interested i only have 1 copy, there was not any other and the price for it is $150 dollars, my email is pabloaugusto1978@yahoo.com.ar and the only method of payment is paypal.
thanks!

So this is a cd made by the store itself to promote the single or album within their store?
All PJ stuff for sale!
http://www.dse.nl/~pjcollect
Zjoske

Postby pdalowsky » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:58 pm

seriously $150???

good luck
pdalowsky

Postby pablo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:58 am

YES, this is the only copy worldwide, so the price is worthy, the fan who buys this cd will be the only one in the whole world to have it, i say this because apparently to all the posts nobody has any idea about it, thanks for your wishes!!
pablo

Postby pablo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:40 am

No, i don´t think the music store made it, the music store used it for internal use only.
pablo

Postby dangerboy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:17 am

so who did make it then? the only one worldwide? has to be a homemade...
dangerboy

Postby pablo » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:37 pm

According to the front cover, it is obvious that Epic made it, besides i was taking a look at some PJ sites and i saw that there are a lot of bootlegs around the world and this cd is not included... :shock:
pablo

Postby massimo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:05 am

Hey Pablo, not for boring you but if you read all the thread you can understand why we think that this promo can be a fake.
massimo

Postby dangerboy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:08 pm

pablo wrote:According to the front cover, it is obvious that Epic made it, besides i was taking a look at some PJ sites and i saw that there are a lot of bootlegs around the world and this cd is not included... :shock:

i believe that you couldn't find another one. none of us have ever seen it before either apparently. if epic made it, and the catalog number is real, there have to be more copies somewhere. epic wouldn't have bothered with the number if they were only pressing one. it would also have to be a brand new item from epic. why would they put this out now, or recently? what benefit would they get from spending current money to promote 15 year old music? and if it's old, we would have most likely seen at least one of these before, no matter how small the run. even promos that only 20(?) were ever made (reeenk roink) or even 50 were ever made (monkeywrench promo set) have surfaced. pearl jam haven't been on epic for several years now. would epic spend time and money now to promote a former artist? i suppose it is possible if they are promoting back catalog hit albums, like the first 3 albums. still, odd that they would include an mtv performance, unless they were releasing it.

pablo, nobody is calling it a fake just yet, but you have to understand the scrutiny a new item will go through before being declared legitimate by the serious, hardcore collector community. it's nothing personal...

jimmy
dangerboy

Postby pdalowsky » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:29 pm

I think if you consider the thoughts and views in this thread it is highly likely that this CD is a homemade jobby, that we could all put together quite easily.

I certainly think it will be extremely difficult to get someone to part with $150 given the extreme uncertainty.....

Even if its real, its not likely to reach that figure I wouldnt think, its not the most attractive article ever produced is it??

I mean no packaging, no case, no slipcase, no CD printing, just an acetate with two songs we all have on. I know thats the bees knees for some collectors (and I've paid lots before for things I already have more than once) but usually you'd want something a little better than this..

Take the elderly woman acetate for example, there are various rumours around as to how many of those were made, but they are relatively inexpensive, and to be honest hard to know if genuine without looking closely at the matrix number.

ramble over
pdalowsky

Previous

Return to Pearl Jam Discography