Vinyls. How many?

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

Vinyls. How many?

Postby nivety » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi all!
I've asked to the 10club crew but I got no answers.
I try again with you all.
I'd like to know how many copies of each album had been pressed (on vinyl), do you know that? If not do you have idea on where I can find those info?
It's just for my curiosity..
One more question: we know that white backspacer was pressed in 2009 but a small quantity was sold last year for a very limited time on the http://www.pearljam.com shop. That quantity was something like a reissue or the remaining stock of the first (?) press?

Regards
mATTE
nivety

Re: Vinyls. How many?

Postby Mango » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:20 am

I understand why 10c does not answer these questions. It's been asked before and people have gotten similar replies: none at all. I think the reasons are:

1. They don't have the info to hand and have way too many things to be doing than to research it.

2. It's private. I don't know if it's info they feel they are obliged to give out. With PJ items constantly going for silly money on eBay (Lost Dogs, Avacado etc) maybe they don't want to encourage flippers?

Regarding Backspacer, I don't think it was ever explained how or why the white pressing was suddenly and unexpectingly rereleased but it was a great move. I suspect myself they literally found a box of them in the warehouse. Someone on the board mentioned before they had seen the place and it was jaw droppingly stacked full of stuff. Which is awesome as I hope one day they release a shit load of orange Fixer 7" and blue Vs 12"!!!

All in all it doesn't bother me having to
Know how many pressings were made of an item. If its super low I generally know I will never be able to afford it.
Life comes from within your heart and desire
Mango

Re: Vinyls. How many?

Postby nivety » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 pm

hi mango! Thank you for your answer!
nivety

Return to Pearl Jam Discography