The 1992 Broadcasts (color vinyl)

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

The 1992 Broadcasts (color vinyl)

Postby Frank Gibson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

Facebook Page: Oceans ::: A Tribute to Pearl Jam

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Re: The 1992 Broadcasts (color vinyl)

Postby monkeewrench » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 pm

I believe so, however this one appears to not be a limited release and on RED vinyl, while another version, such as the current being offered by What Records (http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/57719.htm) is limited to 500 copies and is on WHITE vinyl. I believe there's also other versions like the one you linked to that are numbered and are translucent PURPLE vinyl.
monkeewrench

Postby Frank Gibson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

as usuall these colored series are boots ...so it is ;)

...is not a TV Studio, Josh turn these lights out ...it's a rock concert!!Ready ...ROMA 96-ZURIGO 00-VERONA 06-PISTOIA 06-LONDRA 07
Frank Gibson

Postby armsinaV » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Came across this album two weeks ago, and by luck it was still at the record store yesterday. Bought it, only cause I came across it on eBay. Couple of sellers are advertising high prices due to its rarity. Is this true? Rare? Being a huge pj fan I'm questioning if I should open it. Is it just a cool bootleg that won't be worth anything in years to come? Or should I keep it sealed?

Cheers
armsinaV

Postby armsinaV » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Also, if it is numbered, where on the cover or label would that be identified?
armsinaV

Postby massimo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:01 am

armsinaV wrote:Came across this album two weeks ago, and by luck it was still at the record store yesterday. Bought it, only cause I came across it on eBay. Couple of sellers are advertising high prices due to its rarity. Is this true? Rare? Being a huge pj fan I'm questioning if I should open it. Is it just a cool bootleg that won't be worth anything in years to come? Or should I keep it sealed?

Cheers

I have some difficult to tell that a unofficial boot is rare... i mean, they can pressed 50 or 100 copies but is still a boot..
massimo

Postby rival » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:37 pm

This release is being distributed pretty commercially for it to be a boot. There are a lot of major outlets releasing this album and I would think that if it was something truly considered a "bootleg", Pearl Jam would step in and nip it in the butt.

The thing that bugged me about this was that the first place I heard about it, said it was limited to 500 on Purple vinyl. Then a week later I heard it was being distributed by another site and they had 500 limited copies on white. I've heard of a few other colors now making this limited release not so limited anymore.

I bought one because I'm a total sucker for live PJ on vinyl but I'm not expecting this to be the best thing I've ever heard. We shall see though.
rival

Postby Frank Gibson » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 pm

It is a boot for sure ...i think it is impossible to know the exact number and don't think it will have a very high value
if it will have it will be a stupid price to pay :D

i like only some old boots from '90 ...i can pay high price for them but still they haven't a very high price so...

Frank Gibson

Return to Pearl Jam Discography