"Angel" Test Press - '94 Xmas single

Talk about Pearl Jam CD's, LP's, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs...

"Angel" Test Press - '94 Xmas single

Postby monkeewrench » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:16 pm

I recently purchased a second copy of the Angel test press (http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=3930), which is the version with the word "c*nt" not censored. Although the purchase was made through eBay, the seller was local to me in Seattle, WA, so I received it within 2 days. Also, sellers feedback was positive (5,000+).

I've searched the posts here and found reference to someone selling counterfeit versions of this item on eBay in the past (2008 time frame I think - ?) but what I couldn't determine was how those items might have been counterfeit. Were the just regular singles WITH the word "c*nt" bleeped? Were they reproductions?

The item I received looks EXACTLY like the original single as well as the other test press I already have that was purchased back in the mid-90's from a very reputable seller, and after playing this new copy there was NO bleep over that word so it passed that test.

My question - does anyone have any idea how many of these "test press" copies exist? Is it really all that rare?

I truly believe this new one as well as the one I bought many years ago are legitimate "test press" copies. And I'm open for trades if anyone is looking for this test press. :D

Steve O.
monkeewrench

Return to Pearl Jam Discography